Anyone book B2B on different ships?

We just got home from a back to back on two different ships. We sailed Allure on Feb 3 returned to Fort Lauderdale on Feb 10. We disembarked at 10am got our luggage, cleared immigarion and then rolled our suitcases over to the Celebrity Silhouette and embarked at 11am.

The only downside is you have to pack your things at the end of week one and then unpack again.

Would do it again in a heartbeat.

I'll add a note of caution to anyone on a B2B, whether it's the same ship or different ships. The customs exemption that you get for being out of the country for more than 48 hours, you can only use once every thirty days, and since you're returning to the US in between the two cruises, you have to choose which of your cruises gets the allowance.

This page has many of the details including how much allowance you get (it varies depending on whether a US territory is a port of call).

On the non-qualifying cruise, you still get a $200 exemption.

Lots of people do B2B cruises on different ships. We'll be doing it in December I believe that if you do a B2B on Royal Caribbean that has one day in between the cruises they will pay for a hotel for one night, so you have a few more options. I can't think of negatives except having to move.

Royal Caribbean will also pay for to and fro transfers to the ship. :)

We are doing a b-t-b on Celebrity Solstice 29 nights, Ensenda to Sydney. RCI is putting us up in a hotel for the night in Sydney, cause the next day we board the Radiance of the Seas for 33 night cruise around Australia.

We have never done this long of a cruise before, but it as far as transferring from one ship to another, it should be seamless.

Sounds like a trip of a lifetime!! I am so jealous. Have an amazing time!!

I have done b2b twice - once disney, then navigator - grandma needed a rest afterdisney:rolleyes:

Last yr did Azamara/legend of the seas/Seabourn in Asia b/b 3

it was great, and would do it again in a heart beat

do not wast your time going back on the same ship - no biggy to pack up and move to another. I had a day in between last yr - good to see Singapore!

You may not be able to get right on board due to timing - may have to wait for a bit for the 2nd leg of your cruise for ship boarding time - if so, go to boarding, drop your luggage, then go for a walk take a taxi somewhere for a bit.

Archived