NCL Ultimate Beverage Package

KiwiTraveller1

The ONLY things excluded are drinks priced over $10. There are no categories. If it is $10 or under, it is included. That includes 99.999% of all drinks you will find on the ship. I know Grey Goose is certainly included. I don't drink the others, but I am sure they would be included too, if the ship carries them.

This is referring to alcohol, since someone is sure to pipe in with the whole "coffee and blah blah blah aren't included". We are talking alcohol here.

Haha, thank you! Now that is the answer I was looking for. And yes, alcohol is the name of the game here. If I'm not mistaken, we'll be on the same sailing as well!

Edited by novanoto
Misspelling

The ONLY things excluded are drinks priced over $10. There are no categories. If it is $10 or under, it is included.
They still mention a category of "designated Super Premium brands (subject to change)" that are not included, but I haven't seen an up-to-date list of these brands. Last time I checked, the bar menus did not give the prices for the most expensive alcohols ("Ask your server for pricing") so it's hard to be sure if they just apply the $10 rule or if there are still some brands that cost less than $10 a glass but are excluded from the UBP just because they say so.

The ONLY things excluded are drinks priced over $10. There are no categories. If it is $10 or under, it is included. That includes 99.999% of all drinks you will find on the ship. I know Grey Goose is certainly included. I don't drink the others, but I am sure they would be included too, if the ship carries them.

This is referring to alcohol, since someone is sure to pipe in with the whole "coffee and blah blah blah aren't included". We are talking alcohol here.

Sorry for the silly question, but does anyone know if milkshakes are included? I know they sell them in the pub on Epic.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the Wine dispenser is included ?

as long as the glass is under 10.00 it should be ?

Not included, according to the terms:

"The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $10."

Not included, according to the terms:

"The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $10."

thanks for the info and DAMM.....LOL

Anyone know what coffees (alcoholic or not?) are included in the UBP? I keep seeing that specialty coffees aren't included but then there are a lot of coffee drinks listed in the drink menu pics I'm seeing (with alcohol) and I've had people tell me things like Irish Coffee after dinner are included. Is it just things like espressos and cappucinos that aren't included or is it nothing with coffee? Thanks!

Anyone know what coffees (alcoholic or not?) are included in the UBP? I keep seeing that specialty coffees aren't included but then there are a lot of coffee drinks listed in the drink menu pics I'm seeing (with alcohol) and I've had people tell me things like Irish Coffee after dinner are included. Is it just things like espressos and cappucinos that aren't included or is it nothing with coffee? Thanks!

Bar coffee and booze are included... so, for example, a Kahlua & Coffee, an Irish Coffee, Bailey's & Coffee... all would be included.

Espresso drinks, as you mentioned, are not.

Espresso is not included. :( Espresso Martini is included. :)

Hi: I would be interested in knowing the name of some of the frozen drinks included in the UBP....I' m not much of a hard alcohol drinker if the alcohol is not hidden by other flavors..therefore frozen drinks work perfectly for me. In your experience what frozen drinks are the best. Thanks in advance for all your help and suggestions:)

This site has a zillion pics of the many drink options. It's from a couple years ago so all drinks may not be available but looks like a good place to start. I'm saving pics of all of them so I know at least some fun ones to ask for since we're not big drinkers either.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-drink-lists/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We love those Frozen Drinks and have tried many of them on the UBP. Didn't find any that weren't covered. Husband loves the Mudslides. I enjoy the BBCs or Dirty Bananas. The great part about the UBP is that you don't feel obligated to finish one if you don't like it :D

We love those Frozen Drinks and have tried many of them on the UBP. Didn't find any that weren't covered. Husband loves the Mudslides. I enjoy the BBCs or Dirty Bananas. The great part about the UBP is that you don't feel obligated to finish one if you don't like it :D

Exactly! We will be trying some new things - just because we can!! 😊 😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We cancelled and re-booked for our Mar 29 cruise on the Epic just so we could get the free UBP, which we did and NCL has included. Ended up being a good deal... since the cabin ended up cheaper the re-book fees didn't hurt as bad. Then I remembered that the UBP isn't offered during Spring Break allegedly. I guess I need to call them and confirm that it's going to be cool on the Epic's last US cruise. :o

We cancelled and re-booked for our Mar 29 cruise on the Epic just so we could get the free UBP, which we did and NCL has included. Ended up being a good deal... since the cabin ended up cheaper the re-book fees didn't hurt as bad. Then I remembered that the UBP isn't offered during Spring Break allegedly. I guess I need to call them and confirm that it's going to be cool on the Epic's last US cruise. :o

UBP is offered to those OVER 25 during Spring Break now.

I've been looking to book a cruise on the gem in the near future and want to take advantage of the free UBP they are offering. Every date I look at in the ship sailing calendars lists the package as the current promo and when I continue with the mock booking it even lists the codes to put in. Here's the fun part, every sailing I try to put the code in for on the website it tells me it is not eligible. I have tried mock booking every kind of room category available and every time it is a no go. I know the fine print says some sailings are excluded, but could it really be every single gem sailing from now until June? Could I be doing something wrong? Website troubles perhaps? Anyone else run into this issue?

Sorry if this has been asked but didn't see an answer. We booked using the free Beverage package. We have three adults in the room plus one child. I know that only the first two booked in room get the beverage package free but wondered if we will be required to purchase then since they are an adult in same room.

Sorry if this has been asked but didn't see an answer. We booked using the free Beverage package. We have three adults in the room plus one child. I know that only the first two booked in room get the beverage package free but wondered if we will be required to purchase then since they are an adult in same room.

No, the 3rd adult and child will receive the soda package. They will not be required to purchase the UBP. That rule does not apply to this promo.

I've been looking to book a cruise on the gem in the near future and want to take advantage of the free UBP they are offering. Every date I look at in the ship sailing calendars lists the package as the current promo and when I continue with the mock booking it even lists the codes to put in. Here's the fun part, every sailing I try to put the code in for on the website it tells me it is not eligible. I have tried mock booking every kind of room category available and every time it is a no go. I know the fine print says some sailings are excluded, but could it really be every single gem sailing from now until June? Could I be doing something wrong? Website troubles perhaps? Anyone else run into this issue?

Did you click that you were a Latitudes member on the page asking number of passengers? It could be automatically giving you the Latitudes Inside Offer, which is not combinable with the Freestyle Promo.

Just a thought. Not sure if that was your problem.

We haven't sailed in a couple of years and we're new to this UBP. Looking to book the DAWN to Bermuda and there is a current offer of the UBP or UDP included in fare. I suppose they both have their benefits, but in trying to decide which to pick, I have to ask, is there any discrimination from the bartenders toward those with the UBP? In other words, does anyone here feel like they waited a long time to be served or were passed over for "paying"/tipping passengers while at the pool??

We haven't sailed in a couple of years and we're new to this UBP. Looking to book the DAWN to Bermuda and there is a current offer of the UBP or UDP included in fare. I suppose they both have their benefits, but in trying to decide which to pick, I have to ask, is there any discrimination from the bartenders toward those with the UBP? In other words, does anyone here feel like they waited a long time to be served or were passed over for "paying"/tipping passengers while at the pool??

On Getaway sailing January 17th with the UBP. We don't hang out at the pool so can't speak for that area but no discrimination at anywhere we ordered drinks. There is a 15% gratuity built into the promo. There were 3 of us with the promo - after bartender knew we all had it they would just put the drinks on one card. You sign for the drinks and gratuity - we would usually add a small tip to the slip. All that shows up on your room charge is the extra tip if any. Someone asked why we tipped extra - it was because the promo was free to us and it was a great deal. Wanted to pass something extra along to the bartender.