A Review of The Enchantment of the Seas (Feb 4-Feb 16)

Mykitteh

She navigates the seas wonderfully. Great ship. You will love her:)

We were on the Enchantment the week of 2/16. First two days out of Baltimore were cold and windy, but the ship rode beautifully. Loved the ship. Great staff, good service and we didn't have anything to complain about. :)

. How great! We will be on her again March 9th. Your right, Baltimore is nice for us beacuse we can drive there, We are in Ohio, but it' really is not a bad drive at all.EOS is a nice ship and the crew is fantastic.

Do you guys Ballroom dance at all? Just curious how the bands were. I know there is a country style band called Shine and a trio I think called Evergreen. Can't seem to get much info on them. The island band Roots Vibration I hear is good.How did you like the new Centrum?

No experience with Shine, but have sailed twice with Evergreen. They are Eastern European, two guys and a girl, and do some passable ballroom and swing if they stay on track, as I think they will switch to country if given the slightest chance. Maybe with Shine onboard they won't want to compete. You can keep them in ballroom with requests.

Looking forward to trying the new Centrum floor, as before we were dancing in the Centrum "pods".

Oh ok. Still cant shake that lil bit of nervousness that I may get sick on the enchantment due to it's smaller size. I get sick cleaning my fish tank (no joke) and I take Bonine and really only got sick once on Explorer- but it was pretty rough. Does Enchantment have the stabilizers?

Errr... we just got off of a 10 day on the Enchantment, and it probably had the most movement of any ship we've been on. It was mostly side-to-side movement. If you are sensitive, get thee to a doctor and get the patches.

Errr... we just got off of a 10 day on the Enchantment, and it probably had the most movement of any ship we've been on. It was mostly side-to-side movement. If you are sensitive, get thee to a doctor and get the patches.

:eek:

Was there a lot of movement the entire trip or just a day or 2 do to winds/weather?

No experience with Shine, but have sailed twice with Evergreen. They are Eastern European, two guys and a girl, and do some passable ballroom and swing if they stay on track, as I think they will switch to country if given the slightest chance. Maybe with Shine onboard they won't want to compete. You can keep them in ballroom with requests.

Looking forward to trying the new Centrum floor, as before we were dancing in the Centrum "pods".

Thanks. We are looking forward to trying the new floor also. We enjoyed the bands on her last June. The trio (which right now I can not remember the name) was also from Eastern Europe. We loved the lead singer.The other band was asian. They were good also, but sometimes they would do a fox trot/ cha cha, or rumba number and play it for 10 mins!

We got tired!!LOL:):rolleyes:

We were on this same cruise and I am really enjoying your review:) We had an amazing time, but won't sail on this ship again.

I heard that the person taken by helicopter did survive. Unfortunatley, the man who passed away in Chops on this sailing was not as lucky. There were also several people (3) that had accidents/falls involving broken bones.

We had one of the smoothest sailings I can remember for that time of year in that area. On the return trip as we were passing Hattaras, well known for being rather rough, the ocean was like glass. If I remember correctly, they only put the sick sacks out twice on our voyage.

Thanks again for the review:D

:eek:

Was there a lot of movement the entire trip or just a day or 2 do to winds/weather?

I would say that we experience noticable motion about half of the time; there was definitely more motion than I've experienced on other ships.

We had two sea days there and back; all four experienced a lot of side to side motion. My husband said that the Pride, which we have taken to that area before, has azipods, and this one doesn't, so that was why.

Then we had some motion between the ports.

If you are very sensitive to motion, best to be prepared. It sounds like not all trips are like this, but we really didn't have any *major* storms -- just a few fronts that caused light rain. It would be sad to not enjoy the ship, when getting the patches would help so much.

Regular motion I can handle..........Its ROUGH seas rocking that gets me. So if the motion you are describing was regular "at sea" motion I'm good. ;) I'll be prepared. I take bonine every night and I'm going to try ginger in some form. Unfortunetly I cant use the patch.

Regular motion I can handle..........Its ROUGH seas rocking that gets me. So if the motion you are describing was regular "at sea" motion I'm good. ;) I'll be prepared. I take bonine every night and I'm going to try ginger in some form. Unfortunetly I cant use the patch.

I am not sure what constitutes "rough" seas vs. regular motion, so I'm not sure I can answer!

I will say that walking in a straight line was a challenge during those days at sea. The paper bags were on the stairs all 4.5 days.

If you can get some phenergan from your doctor to take at night, that might be good, too. I did that... it helped me sleep, and it seemed to have the main effect during the next day.

Frightening place to get sick ..... being taken to a Haitian hospital ??!?!?! :eek:

I was on the explorer and they air lifted the person to either San Jaun or the Dominican republic, WE did have a poor man die in Portofino;s one night. Very sad.

San Juan

The morning we had booked our next cruise-a B2B on Adventure of the Seas. The islands would be a nice change, and with the longer cruises vanishing, a B2B out of San Juan sounded like the best plan.

We arrived in San Juan around 2pm. The captain extended our shore time in this port, which was a nice surprise. All aboard was for 11:30pm. There was another ship in port, one from NCL.

fk1or9.jpg

2liadkl.jpg

My first stop was to head off to Senor Frogs for a cold drink and free-wifi.

While checking in on FB, I learned that my neighbours were getting dumped on with a ton of snow back at home. Ouch! My parents caught up with us and after a quick snack, I returned my anchor of a laptop to the ship and the rest of the family went to pick up some odds and ends at the pharmacy and track down my brother a proper hat. I caught up with them and we headed off for a tour. Being that it was my brothers first cruise we went for a longer one and I guide was very good-the best we've had yet. We headed into the Capitol Building and he gave a very detailed history of the island and the what the art work meant inside.

mj4mq.jpg

2pzbe5y.jpg

Saw the forts, the popular spots, etc. He even pointed out where the Adventure would be going out of, even though it was a bit hard to see in the dark.

After our tour we were dropped at the pier and we did some shopping at the little stands they had set up. We returned to the ship and got ready for dinner. Nothing exciting here folks-I had salad :P

I changed and headed back to Senor Frogs after supper. Found a swan on my bed....awwww <3

5540o7.jpg

Wanting to get some more free internet while I could and Senor Frogs is just awesome. I headed back to the ship by 11:15. Was up top for sail away. The island lit up in pitch dark sky.

18c2go.jpg

I love St. Thomas-I missed it last year, so it was great to see it again. One of my favourite ports. I was off the ship early and headed off to Senor Frogs. Yes for the free-wifi, but for my shot glasses and yard cup too. (I also bought another pen, water bottle and a t-shirt that says "Does this shirt make me look drunk" that I'm temped to wear to work one day....ha!)

We were in port with one other ship-one from Carnival which you can see closer to Senor Frogs.

I don't think this location of Senor Frogs was open on 2011-but I could be wrong

2ez38jm.jpg

This was has a pool....neat!

So....St. Thomas <3

vdm54.jpg

We did some shopping at Havensight and after about an hour-ish my dad brought everything back to the ship and we headed off on an island tour. One that would show my brother the sights and finally allow me to see Meghans Bay, as I missed it back in 2011.

2d8mgat.jpg

35hp6qv.jpg

After a nice and quick tour, we settled at Sapphire Beach for the day. Our favourite beach! Cab came to pick us up around 3:30pm We headed back into town to do some last minute shopping and I bought another memory card for my camera.

2uonr02.jpg

2444k6f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

St. Maarten

One of my moms favourite stops and nicely quiet today too. Our plans for today pretty much were to find a beach somewhere. My brother had no real interest in seeing any of the island or the tourist sites. We ended up at Orient Beach for the day and my mom vowed it was going to be the first and last time she was there.

The little place we were in front of was okay-we didn't get food, just a few drinks in exchange for the Wi-fi password. They charged for the bathroom and had a little rinky-dink shop. They were in court with their neighbours over water use or beach front access or something...

After the beach day we headed back into town from some shopping at the local vendors. Afterwards we headed back to the ship-but not before the picture in front of the sign.

28vg0oz.jpg

k8fie.jpg

192rrt.jpg

ab2xko.jpg

Archived