A Review of The Enchantment of the Seas (Feb 4-Feb 16)

Mykitteh

We drove down from Ontario on Saturday morning just ahead of a winter storm. Our GPS lead us a bit off the shortest route, taking us through quaint little NY State towns. Through blowing snow and watered down gas, my brother and I made it safely to the Best Western Baltimore on O' Donnell.

Superbowl Fever was in the air and yet it was nice and quiet at the hotel. Room was a little small for 4 adults and the TV was one of those old "tube style" ones. :eek: The parents arrived about an hour and a half later on. Sunday was quiet, there was a Carnival ship in port. Not sure which one, couldn't see very clearly from the hotel. We didn't hear a peep from people celebrating Sunday night after the Ravens win.

Monday morning I was up early for a quick breakfast. The hotel did not have much in the offering for vegetarian breakfast so I had something light and would hit the Windjammer as soon as I got on board. Showered and packed and dumped some stuff into the car, trying to narrow down what I was bringing on board. Wishing I'd left the Snorkel gear behind.....never used it.

Our shuttle was about half an hour behind so we didn't get to the pier around 11:30 and we stood in line for a good 25 mins while everyone went through security. My carry-on which had been nicely packed was a mess....*sigh*

There was a tiny table just past security of the "naughty" items taken off people. The usual other alcohols, irons, things that could be weapons....

Check in was quick and easy thanks to my Gold status. My brother and I were off to the boat only stopping for a quick boarding picture. Up the ramp and soon we were on the beautiful Enchantment of the Seas.

(To be con't....maybe with pictures)

Hotel Room:

2mouole.jpg

Shuttle Company was KD Elite and they are very good. The holdup was at the Port because the large number of buses. The shuttle service had to go through personal drop off vs. the bus lane. No fault to the service. And they were prompt on picking us up.

Getting on board:

k3olc4.jpg

We were welcomed by friendly crew members. They were handing out stickers which read "Experienced Cruiser" or "New Cruiser". I took the experienced cruiser sticker while my brother donned the new cruiser sticker. Since it was early and the rooms were not yet ready, we headed up to the Windjammer for a RCI must. Honey Stung Chicken <3 My brother who said he wasn't hungry had no problem putting back a plate full of rice and three and a half pieces of this yummy dish. There was no seating indoors, so we found a good spot outside.

First Drink:

2nkktj9.jpg

Around 2:00 we headed to our rooms. No luggage as of yet.

Inside Cabin 7635:

68vjat.jpg

nzep7c.jpg

Dropped off the bags and went to explore before the safety drill. We had the same muster station as our parents. It was cold and we were waiting on a few people who didn't feel the need to show up.

Some random pictures of the ship:

240yc0z.jpg

The ship was looking very good. The R Bar was quite nice and the centrum was gorgeous. This was my first time on the ship and I was impressed by how open it was. Dinner was 8:30 and after getting our table changed for one closer to the window....verus the front door...we met our wait staff. Nick and Jamar who were both very nice and put up with my odd requests for the next 12 nights. We also met Jefferson from the bar who also was quite nice and made sure we had our after dinner shooters every night.

Park Cafe-really good food and a nice place to have lunch. The Solarium was quite full on this voyage as they were a large number of older cruisers. I think I saw maybe 15 kids the whole trip.

The first sea day wasn't very good for getting a tan. It was colder and overcast, but the indoor/covered pool whirlpools were nice. I spent most of the second sea day outside.

Day three was Labadee and we were in port with Explorer.....so it was a bit crowded for sure...

Labadee!

34jb2fq.jpg

I was up and ready early today. I was down at the gangway before they were even ready. Oops....well first off the ship anyway :) I had a zipline ride booked for 8:30am so I quickly headed off to Dragons Plaza. Signed and and waited for everyone else. I had heard they closed the pier as someone came off Explorer in an ambulance. I caught up with the rest of my family after my zipline ride.

2dakenc.jpg

Raw Zipline Video-not very good

View My Video

Headed off to Columbus Beach where I rented a clamshell. Pretty much doing but swimming and relaxing nothing until lunch. Vacation is the life no? Lunch was pretty good-BBQ chicken and corn. Lines weren't too bad when I went, but beach did feel crowded.

6hp2pz.jpg

About an hour before we were due back on board I headed over to the shops with my mother and brother. Bought a few things-not too much. My brother was complaining about the heat, so mom took him down through the artisans market to find a cheap hat.

I headed back to the ship and got into the very long line for security. Explorer had a few stragglers because there was someone going up and down the line looking for people on Explorer. One couple came forward....last ones and late maybe?

28qysr9.jpg

ExoS and EoS

3d6qb.jpg

Back on board got all cleaned up. Did some swimming and hot tubbing. Dinner and back for some nothingness. I didn't go to any of the shows-not really my thing. No food pictures either....I pretty much had a large Cesar or Chicken Cesar every night for dinner.

Is it an optical illusion or is the Enchantment not that much smaller than Explorer? :confused:

Enchantment is only about 30 feet shorter than Explorer. However Explorer is significantly wider, and higher too. The difference in volume is about 80000 vs. 138000, so more than 50% more space inside Explorer.

Oh ok. Still cant shake that lil bit of nervousness that I may get sick on the enchantment due to it's smaller size. I get sick cleaning my fish tank (no joke) and I take Bonine and really only got sick once on Explorer- but it was pretty rough. Does Enchantment have the stabilizers?

Oh ok. Still cant shake that lil bit of nervousness that I may get sick on the enchantment due to it's smaller size. I get sick cleaning my fish tank (no joke) and I take Bonine and really only got sick once on Explorer- but it was pretty rough. Does Enchantment have the stabilizers?

Yes, Enchantment has stabilizers.

She navigates the seas wonderfully. Great ship. You will love her:)

We were onboard with you. Great start at your review, keep it coming. Our camera broke and we did not get many pictures at all.

Oh by the way, they closed the dock in Labadee for a medi-vac. We watched the helicoptor come in and whisk the person away.

You are so right about her navagating the seas well. We did a B2B on her a couple weeks ago. So sad to see her go to Port Canaveral.

. How great! We will be on her again March 9th. Your right, Baltimore is nice for us beacuse we can drive there, We are in Ohio, but it' really is not a bad drive at all.EOS is a nice ship and the crew is fantastic.

Do you guys Ballroom dance at all? Just curious how the bands were. I know there is a country style band called Shine and a trio I think called Evergreen. Can't seem to get much info on them. The island band Roots Vibration I hear is good.How did you like the new Centrum?

Thank you for the review. We will be sailing her also on March 18th. I have never been on a Vision class ship, nor have I ever sailed from Baltimore. Living in Michigan, means flying to ports.

I'm not sure how long a drive it would be to Baltimore from Grosse Ile, Michigan.

Colleen

Thank you for the review. We will be sailing her also on March 18th. I have never been on a Vision class ship, nor have I ever sailed from Baltimore. Living in Michigan, means flying to ports.

I'm not sure how long a drive it would be to Baltimore from Grosse Ile, Michigan.

Colleen

Colleen,

We enjoy the smaller ships compared to the megas, but that's our preference. Easy to get around, not near as many passengers , still lot's to do and the EOS has a great crew. It takes us about 7 hours all together to get to Baltimore. That's stopping usually many times because of my wife (LOL) If we drove straight thru without stopping to eat it would take us about 6 hours. Not sure where Grosse Ile Michigan is so can not tell you how long of a drive.Tho being I am a Buckeye, I would probably would tell you many more hours than it really would take! Can't believe I am actually talking to you! :rolleyes:

Just kidding!! We have not drove to Baltimore in the winter tho, hoping the weather is good. It's a nice drive:)

We were onboard with you. Great start at your review, keep it coming. Our camera broke and we did not get many pictures at all.

Oh by the way, they closed the dock in Labadee for a medi-vac. We watched the helicoptor come in and whisk the person away.

Frightening place to get sick ..... being taken to a Haitian hospital ??!?!?! :eek:

Archived