Back from the Adventure

fun2cruise

Just came back from a wonderful cruise on the Adventure of the Seas. The ship is beautiful and in very good shape. The staff is wonderful and the food was very good. It was a great cruise. I was a little concerned when I started to read some of the reviews, but no need for worry, we had no complaints. There are some things, like WiFi....they need to update very weak signal. The cabins are very nice, bathrooms are a little small, there was plenty of closet space and drawers. We had my time dining but there was a large group on our cruise and it was a long wait if you had more than 2 people, we had a wonderful girl who helped us get the same seating every night. Our waiter was so much fun. The crew is wonderful, friendly and helpful. We had a great time and I would definitely sail on this ship again.

Just came back from a wonderful cruise on the Adventure of the Seas. The ship is beautiful and in very good shape. The staff is wonderful and the food was very good. It was a great cruise. I was a little concerned when I started to read some of the reviews, but no need for worry, we had no complaints. There are some things, like WiFi....they need to update very weak signal. The cabins are very nice, bathrooms are a little small, there was plenty of closet space and drawers. We had my time dining but there was a large group on our cruise and it was a long wait if you had more than 2 people, we had a wonderful girl who helped us get the same seating every night. Our waiter was so much fun. The crew is wonderful, friendly and helpful. We had a great time and I would definitely sail on this ship again.

I was on the same cruise and loved the overall experience, but I have the following complaints:

- The lack of escargots, although listed on the menu every night.

- The diminutive amounts of soft yogurt/ice cream cones.

- The lobster tail (half) on the seafood skewer in Portofino was very skimpy compared to prior cruises.

- Coffee in the Windjammer was quite bitter and sometime lukewarm.

- Difficulty in getting Portofino reservations. Thank God they will be adding other specialty restaurants in the makeover.

-Piped in music by the pool was just noise. Would have loved a combination of classical rock, soft and caribbean music.

Overall, we love the AOS and it shines ever so bright in the sun from the pier. This was our 7th completed on this ship and our 140 completed nights on Sunday and received a memento---Block with the AOS etching.

We had (I think) our best cruise to date in January 2013 on AOS. It was the confluence of the four of us who went, having a junior suite, the itinerary (St. Thomas/St. Kitts/Aruba/Curacao), making Platinum while on board, and being on a ship I really like. We really enjoyed being able to bring our own wine on board, and found many of the new menu items to our liking (albeit not the desserts). We found AOS to be in much the same condition as we had last seen her a few years before, for better or worse. Hopefully they will be replacing the mattresses when they do the refit in 2014. All in all, I think AOS will always be my first cruise love.

I sailed on Adventure in April 2011 and had a lovely time on her.

As for the coffee on the Windjammer, I've yet to have a decent cup of coffee onboard ANY ship that wasn't a specialty coffee. Although it wasn't too bad if I splashed a bit of Baileys in it and then it wasn't so bad after all! ;):D

Archived