Breakaway- first cruise with kids

cavemom

My first post here...This year will be my first cruise with our kids (12&16) along with various friends and family members.... 35+ and counting :) I'm sure more details will be available once the Breakaway finally sets sail, here and on NCL's website. I've tried to find my answer and haven't quite found it...

My biggest concern is how will my kids find me??? Or better yet how will I find them?? Or how can my kids find other kids in our group (they are all 11-16)??

I'm not sure if cell service will be available or reasonable... I have not heard if the Breakaway will have the Iconciege Iphone app avail (currently only avail for Epic) and if it works as decribed... couldn't determine if kids mine's age get pagers supplied by NCL...or if walkie talkies are worth buying....

Also what is the policy with kids...I believe on the Epic they are given bracelets at departure they keep on the entire cruise. Is it just so they don't forget their cabin #. What other purposes does it serve? Do they have built in GPS locators...LOL.

Thank you and "Happy Sailings!!!:o

If you go over to the NCL board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

and do some research, many of your questions could be answered.

Please don't get walkie talkies. They don't always work well, and they can be very annoying to other cruisers. Face to face communication, and some planning works very well. If Breakaway has the ship wide phones, that is a good alternative.

Hi

The kids will find lots their age in the kids and teen clubs - my son loved them and was disappointed when turning 18 he couldn't go anymore.

Walkie talkies are a great thing for you to keep in touch with each other.

Cell phone costs are expensive at sea as they go from the ship system.

The bracelets are so they know what lifeboat station to take them to if there is an issue.

And agree a time and place for meeting - we used to arrange 2 times a day when at sea, to do a check up with each other and you can take post it notes to leave messages to each other on the cabin door. Any house phone can be used to call the room too.

Archived