Best cabin on Freedom of the Seas

serenity27

Deck 7, center hump cabins....Cat. E2, 7638 & 7640 or 7338 & 7340. Very quiet area, the Library is in the middle.

The stairway is right there....easy up/down to most everything!

We've got 7338 & 7340 for our B2B on the Freedom next January. I LOVE the hump cabins!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm cruising on Freedom in May, so my cabin selection is already set pretty much. However, if I was to cruise on Freedom again, how early do you have to book to get a cabin like 1400 or 1700? A year in advance?

We booked in September, already made final payment for our cruise on May 19, 2013. Today I was looking at the current price of our cruise (D1) and noticed the corner aft cabin available - it has actually been available since last week, but I hadn't looked into it until today... After reading all the positive posts - I called my TA and had it switched in a matter of minutes. Then I notified my DH who's just along for the ride. ;)

So if anyone is interested there is now a nice D1 on deck 9 available :D

• 2 weeks later...

:We are sailing on the Freedom of the Seas July 2014 for 7 days its our first time with Royal Caribbean we are a family of three our son will be 16 years old could anyone suggest which cabin would be best to book for location and size and cost.

:We are sailing on the Freedom of the Seas July 2014 for 7 days its our first time with Royal Caribbean we are a family of three our son will be 16 years old could anyone suggest which cabin would be best to book for location and size and cost.

See the comments for 1400 and 1700. These are 2 D1 cabins but are the size of a JS, great deal for the size of cabin!

If available 1400 or 1700 are bigger than a JS but priced as a D1 balcony. If they are available, grab one.

Here's a video tour I found on you tube.

My wonderful TA managed to snag 1700 for me a couple of weeks ago. I'll take lots of photos and will actually meansure the dimension of the cabin and balcony, then report that info back here on CC.

I've sailed in an aft JS on Deck 10 and found the balcony quite roomy, but I'm really excited to experience "one of the most coveted balconies" on Freedom when we sail Sept. 8.

One note about 1700 and 1400...an online booking site (I can't name here) showed both cabins "unavailable"when I did a mock booking for 2 people, but when I entered 3 people, both cabins popped up as available - even though there's no requirement for 3 or more in those cabins. There wre other Deck 10 balconies that showed the same thing, but I don't recall which ones....

We stayed in cabin 6338 and loved it. The location was great as it was close to the elevators and it was center hump. We had great views and privacy at the same time.

When we went to book it with a future cruise planner, we almost had a heart attack when we found out a center hump was available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in 9340 Center Hump in October! Having a larger balcony is not a big sell for me as I am usually out there for breakfast as we pull into port, some time out there on sea days when I just want to get away from the crowds for a while, late night before I turn in for the day and will usually sit out there for a little bit before getting ready for dinner so the size of the balcony doesn't matter. I choose Center Hump because I enjoyed it while on Serenade and will probably try to get it on every cruise I go on. :cool:

• 1 month later...

We just booked 6644 on the edge of the hump. I am wondering if this is a good choice or if I should call and change to a different location. I would like to hear any opinions.

• 1 year later...

Hey, if you are doing the July 13 Eastern Caribbean, please register on the

Roll Call. We need seven more members to sign on to have a members

Meet and Mingle. Good opportunity to socialize and meet meet ships

officers, etc.