Best cabin on Freedom of the Seas

serenity27

We have cruised RCCL before but never on Freedom of the Seas. Any advice on the best balcony cabins is very appreciated! We are hoping for two quiet cabins and preferably where we overlook other balconies, not where other balconies overlook us. Thank you in advance!

We have cruised RCCL before but never on Freedom of the Seas. Any advice on the best balcony cabins is very appreciated! We are hoping for two quiet cabins and preferably where we overlook other balconies, not where other balconies overlook us. Thank you in advance!

Balcony cabins on the hump are the best :-)

JS 9638 was great :) The hump was a very nice room, although the JS isn't center hump, balcony cabins are.

9640, 9642 are the Port side center hump balconies, 9340, 9342 are the Starboard side center hump balconies. Surrounding them are JS that are also great.

Down on 8, the exact center is 8638 or 8338. I didn't stay there, but Deck 8 also looks very quiet. Deck 9 was great - it's the only deck I've ever stayed on! (Adventure and Freedom)

Edited by murfturf

JS 9638 was great :) The hump was a very nice room, although the JS isn't center hump, balcony cabins are.

9640, 9642 are the Port side center hump balconies, 9340, 9342 are the Starboard side center hump balconies. Surrounding them are JS that are also great.

Down on 8, the exact center is 8638 or 8338. I didn't stay there, but Deck 8 also looks very quiet. Deck 9 was great - it's the only deck I've ever stayed on! (Adventure and Freedom)

Great helpful post for the OP murfturf !!!!!!

Haven't been on Freedom yet, but we're going soon. We have an aft cabin. Aft balconies give you a larger balcony (patio!) and are quiet. I concur with having a cabin above and below you to insulate you from "sounds" from pool deck, etc. The back is quiet - only people traveling by are the ones who "live" there that week. There is a longer walk to the stairs/elevator, but it helps to work off dinner!

I disagree...we've stayed on the coveted hump balconies, but my absolute favorite was the full aft balcony on FOS, we were the one not quite on the corner but next door to it...and it was quiet and since we were right under the windjammer, no one could look down onto our balcony, but we could look down on everyone else...it was great! and HUGE!!!

60070031.jpg

SANY0135.jpg

60070042-2.jpg

cabin selection is such a personal thing...On Allure the closer you are to elevators the better, other than that, go for where ever makes YOU happy!!! If you go Aft, go high or forget it...too much metal infrastructure to have to look through if you are on lower decks, and people can look down onto your balcony...look at the ship deck plans very carefully!!

Edited by Sunebeach

My wife and I had 6340 last March and were very happy with it. Its center hump so it allowed great views forward and aft.Also a great location if you like to (or tend to) run back and forth between your room and various places on the ship.

Edited by Steve8S

I disagree...we've stayed on the coveted hump balconies, but my absolute favorite was the full aft balcony on FOS, we were the one not quite on the corner but next door to it...and it was quiet and since we were right under the windjammer, no one could look down onto our balcony, but we could look down on everyone else...it was great! and HUGE!!!

cabin selection is such a personal thing...On Allure the closer you are to elevators the better, other than that, go for where ever makes YOU happy!!! If you go Aft, go high or forget it...too much metal infrastructure to have to look through if you are on lower decks, and people can look down onto your balcony...look at the ship deck plans very carefully!!

DITTO! Cabins 1400 and 1700. Not only are the balconies huge, but the room is a D1 price with the interior space of a JS.

I'm cruising on Freedom in May, so my cabin selection is already set pretty much. However, if I was to cruise on Freedom again, how early do you have to book to get a cabin like 1400 or 1700? A year in advance?

Pretty much. They are the first two cabins to go. We got really lucky. I was doing a random cabin search and found 1400 showing as available two or three months before our cruise. I freaked out and initiated an online chat with RCI. The said it was indeed available and had me call the 800 number to transfer cabins. Even the person I spoke to couldn't believe it. Must have been booked by a travel agent and then released later.

I've heard this before. We have a balcony cabin on the FOS in May but not on the hump. Why is the hump better? More room?

On Freedom and Voyager class, there's no difference in hump/non-hump balcony size. On Radiance class, some hump balconies are larger than the same category balconies off the hump.

Most people like the hump because of it's more dramatic view (extended out from the ship) from the balcony, and close proximity to the stairs/elevators.

Pretty much. They are the first two cabins to go. We got really lucky. I was doing a random cabin search and found 1400 showing as available two or three months before our cruise. I freaked out and initiated an online chat with RCI. The said it was indeed available and had me call the 800 number to transfer cabins. Even the person I spoke to couldn't believe it. Must have been booked by a travel agent and then released later.

That's good to know, I will have to keep an eye out when booking my next cruise.

Excellent DH and I are in 9638 on a B2B in Dec on FoS :)

I'm cruising on Freedom in May, so my cabin selection is already set pretty much. However, if I was to cruise on Freedom again, how early do you have to book to get a cabin like 1400 or 1700? A year in advance?

For our cruise on the Liberty, I called the day the cruise went on sale 15 months in advance. I called about 20 minutes after calls opened. 1400 was gone; I took 1700. Great cabin!

If you don't book it early, you just have to get lucky and grab it when people cancel.