Question about linking reservations

elmojessi

My husband and I have booked an inside guarantee room for an upcoming sailing with another couple. The other couple is going to take advantage of a current past guest sale and get an assigned inside room. I know that chances of us being upgraded from an IS to OV are slim, but would linking our reservations together reduce that already slim chance? Will Carnival try to put us close them since the reservations are linked? Does it make sense to not link the reservations until our room has been assigned?

I have been told by Carnival and have read posts to the fact that upgrades are for the same type rooms booked. Meaning if you booked an inside room, bottom floor and near the front of back the possibility exists that you could be upgraded to still an "inside" room but better deck and maybe middle of ship where you feel less motion. I may be wrong but this is always what I have been told or read. Your traveling with friends so you probably won't be in your room much except to sleep so have fun and hopefully the upgrade fairy will call but either way you"ll have a great time your on a CRUISE:):):)

Linking the bookings is for dining purposes only.

if being close to each cabin then you will have to book the direct cabin.

we took guarantee-- was linked and we were all over the ship.

but you know you really cant hang out with one another in the cabins. especially inside cabins- there is no sofa.

you can call cabin to cabin for free. or use house phones to call each other. and set up meeting times

Linking the bookings is for dining purposes only.

if being close to each cabin then you will have to book the direct cabin.

we took guarantee-- was linked and we were all over the ship.

but you know you really cant hang out with one another in the cabins. especially inside cabins- there is no sofa.

you can call cabin to cabin for free. or use house phones to call each other. and set up meeting times

Archived