The 'order' of disembarking

SandraLee

This cruise, I'll be driving to port. So, I'm going to want to get off as quickly as possible to get in the car for the long drive home.

If I choose to 'walk off' with my luggage, what time would that be (about)?

How is the disembark 'colors' determined?

If I choose to not keep my luggage, how can I influence being in an early group?

Any thoughts on the Allure, with the same question? We are cruising next month and driving to the port, but I have doubts about our ability to carry our luggage off with our two boys in tow....Should we talk to our cabin attendant about getting an early number?

We walked off the Jewel last month (self disembarkation) around 7:30am

Thanks. I'm pretty sure we can carry our luggage -- it's only 5 days.

But, I'm still interested in the process of the disembarking in case I decide to not walk off.

Any thoughts on the Allure, with the same question? We are cruising next month and driving to the port, but I have doubts about our ability to carry our luggage off with our two boys in tow....Should we talk to our cabin attendant about getting an early number?

Yes, the stateroom attendant should be able to get low numbered tags, however you can also go to Guest Services and request specific tag numbers.

You can self disembark on those ships (barring any unforseen circumstances) at 6:30am .

Looks like a lot of people have all kinds of excuses to be first. What about the early flyers. Driving home should be secondary to those flying early. But if you can get off early more power to you. Have a good trip. Don't mean this post to be snotty.

Keep in mind if they say self-disembarking (carrying your own luggage off) starts at 7:00 a.m. (for example), don't leave to go get in line at 6:50 a.m. and think you will walk right off. As with anything else, the lining up begins a bit earlier and there will be MANY other folks with the same idea.

I've found the staterooms attendants not so willing, but guest services will give you a lower number no questions asked.

Looks like a lot of people have all kinds of excuses to be first. What about the early flyers. Driving home should be secondary to those flying early. But if you can get off early more power to you. Have a good trip. Don't mean this post to be snotty.

i totally disagree with you. Many floridians who live local, walk off early and go straight into work. I get off the Majesty at 7 and am at my desk by 8. :p allowing me to take many more cruises than the average joe.

So we have a 12:30 flight out of Orlando and our port is Canaveral. We have a car service picking us up at 9:30. How do I make sure that I can disembark and get out to the limo between 9:30 and 10:00 ?

Should I self disembark - but I thought you had to leave at 7:00 ? Shoudl I ask for an 8:30 or does it work differently ( newbie here ) Thanks

Thanks for all the self-disembarking info. I'm pretty sure we will carry off our luggage and leave whenever we are ready.

What influences the 'timed' departures?

It is based on the information that you get in the room during the cruise asking about your departure plans. When you get your tags if you don't like the departure time, go to customer service and ask to be changed. That has always worked for us.

If you disembark by the color & number it will depend on your flight time. If you have an early flight your departure time will be before someone with a later flight, otherwise once the ship has been cleared for disembarking and you do self disembarkation then you can walk right off. This means you will carry all your luggage with you vs leaving outside your door the night before then hunting for it in the terminal.

Archived