what to do with 7 yo

dyanna72

Dh, myself & then dd 7 have a one day trip to St Lucia. What can anyone recommend to do/see while in port until 4pm?

The would depend on what you guys like to do! Are you into history or sightseeing or boat trips or relax by the beach or what? A little more info would go a long way to making appropriate suggestions! Thanks!

A good option may be one of the land only or land sea tours - these are usually about 6-7 hours long and include all the major highlights of the island: Banana plantation, volcano, waterfalls, Pitons, beach time and lunch/drinks. The land/sea is great as it breaks up the day and you get the best of both - land down and sea back. Spencer Ambrose is an great choice for this.

Another good way may be the sea only tours - down to Soufriere and back via catamaran or speed boat - see the coastline, the beaches, and then the volcano and such, with some beach time and back to the ship.

If those don't appeal, try Pigeon Island. It's about 35 minutes north of the port via taxi, huge national park with old British fort ruins he can meander through, small maritime museum about piracy and shipping in the Caribbean, some hiking, nice beach, restaurants - great way to spend the day.

Enjoy - and good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
A good option may be one of the land only or land sea tours - these are usually about 6-7 hours long and include all the major highlights of the island: Banana plantation, volcano, waterfalls, Pitons, beach time and lunch/drinks. The land/sea is great as it breaks up the day and you get the best of both - land down and sea back. Spencer Ambrose is an great choice for this.

Another good way may be the sea only tours - down to Soufriere and back via catamaran or speed boat - see the coastline, the beaches, and then the volcano and such, with some beach time and back to the ship.

If those don't appeal, try Pigeon Island. It's about 35 minutes north of the port via taxi, huge national park with old British fort ruins he can meander through, small maritime museum about piracy and shipping in the Caribbean, some hiking, nice beach, restaurants - great way to spend the day.

Enjoy - and good luck!

A few years ago we took our then 7 and 9 year old kids on one of these tours. It was wayyy too long for them. In hind sight, we never should have expected such a tour to be interesting for someone that age. I know all kids are different but I suggest that anything over 2 1/2 to 3 hours would be too long.

Dh, myself & then dd 7 have a one day trip to St Lucia. What can anyone recommend to do/see while in port until 4pm?

I'm not sure if the Brig Unicorn is still in operation, but if you're into pirates and ships, SeaSpray cruises offers a Family Pirate Adventure which includes a treasure hunt, face painting and canon-firing and also takes in a visit to the Toraille Waterfall and Sulphur Springs in Soufriere.

I'm not sure if the Brig Unicorn is still in operation, but if you're into pirates and ships, SeaSpray cruises offers a Family Pirate Adventure which includes a treasure hunt, face painting and canon-firing and also takes in a visit to the Toraille Waterfall and Sulphur Springs in Soufriere.

The Brig Unicorn was retired after damage sustained during Hurricane Tomas; it is no longer sailing, but can be viewed at the Rodney Bay Marina. Liana's Ransom has replaced the Brig. the sailing is fun, may be a good option.

Enjoy, whichever you decide.

Archived