Queen Victoria Queens Grill

north east girl

You are also encouraged to order off menu in Princess Grill and no, you don't have to book to eat in the Courtyard, it's a case of 'first come, first served'.

As others have said the main differences are the size of the accommodation, the bar set up and Butler.

We've only done PG & QG once each on the QV and I wouldn't have said that off menu ordering was encouraged in PG on our trip in 2010. I did order off menu one morning for the following night but I had to ask, I didn't feel it was encouraged in the same way as it was in QG.

I'm so sorry to be so late to this thread Catherine, I've been away from the boards for a while. After our QM2 trip last year we had a 2 nighter in QG on the QV, it was fantastic. Any questions, please ask.

I hope you & Tony have a wonderful time.

Hey north east girl, hope you enjoy the Q/G , I have only done the P/G, I'll be aboard the same cruise ,, really looking forward to it , in the Britannia this time , still 12 nights of fun and 12 relaxing days , ENJOY and see you on board .

The London boys

Hi there

Welcome to Cruise Critic London boys!

Do join us on our roll call:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1785549

andhow

Hey north east girl, hope you enjoy the Q/G , I have only done the P/G, I'll be aboard the same cruise ,, really looking forward to it , in the Britannia this time , still 12 nights of fun and 12 relaxing days , ENJOY and see you on board .

The London boys

Hi, Nice to see you are joining us on this trip. It is a while since I first posted about Queens Grill. It is going to be a brilliant 12 days, I love sea days and getting to do loads of things that's on offer.

Catherine

We've only done PG & QG once each on the QV and I wouldn't have said that off menu ordering was encouraged in PG on our trip in 2010. I did order off menu one morning for the following night but I had to ask, I didn't feel it was encouraged in the same way as it was in QG.

I'm so sorry to be so late to this thread Catherine, I've been away from the boards for a while. After our QM2 trip last year we had a 2 nighter in QG on the QV, it was fantastic. Any questions, please ask.

That's what I noticed in PG. You could order off menu, but I was rather surprised when quite a few items were so hard to come by. In QG we were actually encouraged. I guess the waitstaff wanted to "challange" chefs down in the galley! The Scotch Egg we ordered for lunch in QG was a riot.Evidently they did not know how to do one(a real surprise, I mean it's Cunard afterall)The Scotch egg I got for lunch was the size of an Emu egg(or baseball for the rest of you)Taste was fine, but I couldn't finish one & they had sent me two!

Hi, Nice to hear from you, it is a while since we were on board QM2 together. We have one of the aft corner balconies booked on deck 8. Looking forward to having the large balcony.

I'm sure we will have an amazing time, looking forward to being pampered.

Catherine

Archived