Anyone off Mariner 2/17

kwbrad

Thank you for the info! Glad to hear! Are you on the Roatan itinerary? I would love to see compasses when you get back if you don't mind. Also I have heard debarkation takes forever on that route so I would be curious to know your experience.

Have a wonderful trip!

Thank goodness. We've been patiently waiting. We were on 1/20 and 2/10 and will be back 3/3. The new menu is very good. One night there'll be the lamb chops again, amongst many other things, including a lobster tail....2 oz larger.....We were lucky enough to have had the new menu on Oasis a few times.

Thank you for the info! Glad to hear! Are you on the Roatan itinerary? I would love to see compasses when you get back if you don't mind. Also I have heard debarkation takes forever on that route so I would be curious to know your experience.

Have a wonderful trip!

Yes we are. I will make a point to pick up an extra one every day that does not have writing all over it :D I have a towncar picking us up at 9am, will let ya know if we make it.

BonVoyage

Dawna

hello all we were on the 2/3 and 2/10 mariner voyages.. there were no freestyle machines and as of when we left no new menu.. hopefully it was supposed to start on the 2/17 voyage but they would not confirm when questioned. I do have compasses and can scan them in over the next few days and e mail if you want them send me an e mail with which itenerary you want as i have both.. and i will e mail them to you.. my email is c.espimosa@gmail.com

I was on the 2/10 cruise with live2cruise and can confirm the menu was not new and the freestyle machines were not on board. I will say the hot dog stand was awesome and they added strawberry into the soft serve machine. Its the simple things in life that get you :)

hello all we were on the 2/3 and 2/10 mariner voyages.. there were no freestyle machines and as of when we left no new menu.. hopefully it was supposed to start on the 2/17 voyage but they would not confirm when questioned. I do have compasses and can scan them in over the next few days and e mail if you want them send me an e mail with which itenerary you want as i have both.. and i will e mail them to you.. my email is c.espimosa@gmail.com

Thanks for the info - it sounds like maybe the new menu did start on the 17th sailing, according the an email someone got from the concierge or something. I will just be happy to be on the ship, but the new menu does look interesting so it would be fun to have it.

I sent an email requesting the compasses. Thanks!

Does anyone who has been on Mariner this week know if they have escargot or having been subbing in scallops? It seems to be hit or miss, and I haven't seen anyone say specifically for the Mariner since it got the new menu.

Thanks for the info - it sounds like maybe the new menu did start on the 17th sailing, according the an email someone got from the concierge or something. I will just be happy to be on the ship, but the new menu does look interesting so it would be fun to have it.

I sent an email requesting the compasses. Thanks!

Since Feb. 10th their is a new Cruise Director, Steve Davis so the compasses won't be exact since he has his own activities he does.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a wonderful trip!

It was indeed STRESSFUL for us. We had a 12:30 flight, arrived into a beautifully sunny port but it was a madhouse getting off. We were to be right behind the suites & tag 67 at 8:15, NOPE! It was a free for all getting off. With tag #1 we didn't even get outside the terminal until 10:30 and stood in line with people with tag 18 or 24 :eek: There was no type of system check and unlike other terminals. ALL luggage is ready once they start calling numbers so people just rush the exit to the ship.

Snafu # two and a tip to get by the LONG line to customs.....Travel with your passport in case you need emergency air travel but bring your birth certificate & DL. Those people had a separate line that took you up to about 25 feet from the customs booth instead of the line that wrapped the entire building. Watching them pass hundreds of people was beyond frustrating! If I ever go out of Galveston I will travel with both. It would have saved us at least an hour of standing in line for the 3 agents for passports. Sad that those that do the right thing and get a passport are penalized at this port.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I would agree about the debarkation in Galveston. On Feb 17 we were in the carry off your own luggage group and they held us up and let the people go ahead of us that needed a porter. Didn't matter what their group numbers were. Tons of people passed us up as they just held us there in line. I couldn't believe it. It took us and hour and a half to get through the carry off your own luggage line. You have to laugh when you look at what it says on the floor "Express Line". Galveston is the worst port ever for debarkation.

I would agree about the debarkation in Galveston. On Feb 17 we were in the carry off your own luggage group and they held us up and let the people go ahead of us that needed a porter. Didn't matter what their group numbers were. Tons of people passed us up as they just held us there in line. I couldn't believe it. It took us and hour and a half to get through the carry off your own luggage line. You have to laugh when you look at what it says on the floor "Express Line". Galveston is the worst port ever for debarkation.

That's the really funny thing about debarkation in Galveston. We got off on the 17th at around 9:15 ( even though we had #2 8:45) no line, easy to find luggage, 3 minute wait at the most to get thru customs. I think it's hit or miss. I've really experienced long lines before.

I like the new menus but I think we were really lucky because all the head chefs from Miami were in the

galley our week to help implement them. Food was really good.

No escargot. Did anybody see the article in the Houston chronicle about snails this morning?

No freestyle machines on our cruise.

Archived