Paid Upgrade From Ocean View to Grand Suite

3StarsFoodie

Hello,

I got a message today from someone at Carnival offering a paid upgrade for our Conquest cruise. It is a 7 day cruise. The price difference between the Ocean View and Grand suite was $1,200 when we booked.

What kind of price can I expect when I call back?

We did it for $500. We tried to talk them down but no dice. They said that the upgrades typically go for more but since we were in their target demographic that they offered us a better deal.

I have been looking at GS pictures and it looks like it will be nice. There is even a video of a GS on the Carnival Dream on YouTube. Is the Dream in the same class as the Conquest?

Also, I remember a few weeks ago looking at a web site that had pictures of actual cabins listed by room number but I can't seem to find it now. Any suggestions on the web site name?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Just got a call from Carnival and was offered a Grand Suite upgrade from the Ocean Suite for $550 total. Tried to get it lower but no dice.

Don't think I'll call back to accept though. Sounds great, but just too much money over the budget for this trip.

Well, you did say a paid upgrade so Im thinking that it will be free.

I am pretty sure the call was from the upsell dept.

They dont pay, they want you to pay.

I have even heard of some so called offers that were not even discounted from what you could have booked in the first place. Its wise to know your prices before agreeing.

We did it for $500. We tried to talk them down but no dice. They said that the upgrades typically go for more but since we were in their target demographic that they offered us a better deal.

I have been looking at GS pictures and it looks like it will be nice. There is even a video of a GS on the Carnival Dream on YouTube. Is the Dream in the same class as the Conquest?

Also, I remember a few weeks ago looking at a web site that had pictures of actual cabins listed by room number but I can't seem to find it now. Any suggestions on the web site name?

Thanks!

If this was $500 for two people then it was a a great deal and enjoy! If it was $500 per/person I would probably would have not done it.

You will love the larger cabin, the private dressing area, large bath, large balcony, priority embarkation and tendering. Have a great time and enjoy the suite.

Take care,

Mike

Wow that is awesome! Wondering how they choose people to make them this kind of offers.

Im told they go down the list.. they start with the highest balconys .. say 8Ns, no takers.. go down a category .. call in alphabetical order thru the next category down of balconys until they get takers at the price they want to upsell at.

If they have a lot of cabins, lets say a lot of OVs, they do it via email and say $30 to upgrade from inside to OV and whomever calls first gets first dibs.

Yeah was $550 total for us two. No other perks to the upgrade besides the room size. Still have the same priority status.

The upsell guy said we were at the top of this list and he was making his way down. We actually booked the final suite on this cruise last week and was starting with us and working his way down the list.

Archived