Cozumel- Mr. Sanchos AI or Paradise Beach Ala carte?

TwitterCruise1

Liberty of the seas.. in 2 weeks.

Wondering if any of you would recommend 1 over the other?

I like the AI concept of Mr. Sanchos, yet the Paradise beach option seems to have more?

thanks for all opinions!

Can you and your partner eat and drink $100 worth? We can't and the food on the ship is free.

We love Paradise Beach....love it.

We were at Paradise Beach in November and it was not crowded at all. And I think there were three or four ships in port that day. We got there at 10 and stayed till about 2. Not sure if it got busier after that or not. The chairs at the pool were pretty well empty.

And like everyone else said, can you eat and drink $110 worth??? We each had one drink and the nachos platter for lunch. I think our bill was about $35

You guys might be right. Is the beach nice at Paradise beach? Also, are the activities (banana boat, snorkeling, etc) a lot more?

Go to their website....this place is amazing. There is a beautiful pool on the beach also. Food amazing. Free internet...CLEAN bathrooms..cute shops....tons of water toys....on and on and on.

Go to paradise beach cozumel dot com and see for yourself.

Oh....FREE..FREE...FREE

If you sit in their lounge chairs and umbrellas...they DO expect you to order drinks. (nachos are great). Our last bill was $28....bucket of beer and nachos.

Have looked at the new pool they put in and it does look inviting, but you call this "uncrowded"???

2585xrm.jpg

Ship excursion Paradise!

When several ships are in town this is what you are up against versus Nachi which limits their guests to 100. It may cost a bit more, but I'm not going to fight with hundreds for space on the beach! Just sayin.....but.....everyone has their favorite....whatever floats your boat!:D

Nachi which limits their guests to 100. It may cost a bit more, but I'm not going to fight with hundreds for space on the beach!

Good point ... And since Mr Sanchos also limits there guests on the AI side, it's about the same as Nachi.

That photo posted don't excite me at all.

Lol.....you went to google images and posted the most insane picture of people you could find. Thousands of great pics and you pick this one.

Listen....it does not matter to me where the OP chooses. Paradise is amazing and I have NEVER seen it the way the picture you took off of Google.

This was probably on a holiday...spring break ..etc. We go here all the time.

We were at Mr Sanchos in January. Will go there again. There were six ships in port and the beach was not crowded, lots of chairs, palapas etc. great food, great drinks, excellent service. All food and drinks are ala carte, not buffet style and we had our own helper who took great care of us. Fish tacos to die for, tamarind margaritas the same.

Well, my wife and I were going to go to the Sanchos "pay as you go" since our boat don't arrive until 1:00pm (last cruise ship to arrive that day), and Sanchos I believe closes at 5:00 or 5:30pm

Just didn't think there would be enough time to make the AI program worthwhile.

However, after thinking about it for awhile, I just booked the both of us into the AI program. My wife don't eat or drink that much, but I think I can gag down way more than $45 worth of chow and beer to make it worthwhile.

Drinks are actually pretty expensive in these various Cozumel beach clubs and I think even a hamburger costs about $9 bucks, if you start checking the prices.

Lol.....you went to google images and posted the most insane picture of people you could find. Thousands of great pics and you pick this one.

Listen....it does not matter to me where the OP chooses. Paradise is amazing and I have NEVER seen it the way the picture you took off of Google.

This was probably on a holiday...spring break ..etc. We go here all the time.

Excuse me but my opinion did not require a snarky response, there were lots of pictures just like that one on the Google page and I have friends that have been there and reported crowds, it depends on how many ships are in, on my cruise, we have 5 and one is Allure. I appreciate your "loyalty" to your favorite, now please respect mine.

We have been to Mr Sanchos twice, once on the AI side and once on the al carte. The beach is nicer on the AI side, plenty of loungers and certainly more service but we had a good time on the other side also. We are going again in March and as we will have to teenagers this time we will go al carte.:cool:

We were at Paradise Island last weekend. There were six boats in port that day and we did not feel crowded at all. In fact, we chose not to sit on the first row near the water but 3 rows back. We had nobody else on our row or ahead of us. The service was excellent. We did spend more than $110 but we overdid the food (lobster x 2) & cerviche so that drove the price up. We were glad we did though cause the food was awesome!

After we had enough ocean, we moved back to the pool and had no trouble finding chairs in the pool deck or in the pool. It was a wonderful day.

As a tip, if you enter the water to the left their are some rocks; but the right side of the beach had a sandy entrance.

We were at Mr Sanchos in January. Will go there again. There were six ships in port and the beach was not crowded, lots of chairs, palapas etc. great food, great drinks, excellent service. All food and drinks are ala carte, not buffet style and we had our own helper who took great care of us. Fish tacos to die for, tamarind margaritas the same.

Did you do the AI option? Can you choose off their regular menu for that or is there a buffet or limited menu for the AI food. Some of their menu items look delicious.

We have been to Paradise Island. They have a beautiful pool area, but I prefer the beach and ocean and wanted to try something different.

Did you do the AI option? Can you choose off their regular menu for that or is there a buffet or limited menu for the AI food. Some of their menu items look delicious.

We have been to Paradise Island. They have a beautiful pool area, but I prefer the beach and ocean and wanted to try something different.

I did the AI at Mr. Sanchos in November and it is a pick off the menu, all you can eat AI. The food was very good. My husband had the fried whole fish. It was ugly but he said it was delicious. I had the Coconut Shrimp and would definately recommend them also.

With a family of 5, between the drinks and food, we definately got our moneys worth. I would do Mr. Sanchos again.

My wife and I were going to use the Sanchos "Pay as you Go" option since our boat don't get into Cozumel till 1:00pm boat time (12:00 local time). Just didn't seem like enough time to make the "AI" option worthwhile since Sanchos closes at 5:00pm.

Well, I changed my mind and made the reservations for the AI option for the 2 of us ... just hope I did the right thing (wish we were not getting into Cosumel so late)

Yes, we did the AI option, $45 pp online. We chose everything off the menu, including drinks. The food was very good, especially the fish tacos and the shrimp ceviche. Beware the hot sauce, served on the side with the ceviche, it is hot.

Do you think either beach will be crowded by the afternoon? We don't arrive in port until 11.

Depends on how many boats are in port that day. One thing to remember, while you are getting there at noon; there will have been a group,that has been there since 9 and shortly after lunch will have too much sun or want to shop or go down town, etc. so while it may be crowded immediately at noon it will start to thin out shortly after that.

Archived