Break-Down of Regent’s 2012 Results

Snackdaddy

I am a small business person, so I have very little experience analyzing the financials of large corporations, but just thinking through these numbers, retaining 1% of 504 million as net income on 94% occupancy seems to me as if the company has a massive amount of risk, and creates a massive amount of work for all involved for very little profit!

I suppose that I should compare this to other cruise lines, but just couldn't help myself commenting here--of course, I understand that there are many mitigating issues, just looking at this on the surface makes it seem like a very tough business~!

Aloha

I am a small business person, so I have very little experience analyzing the financials of large corporations, but just thinking through these numbers, retaining 1% of 504 million as net income on 94% occupancy seems to me as if the company has a massive amount of risk, and creates a massive amount of work for all involved for very little profit!

I suppose that I should compare this to other cruise lines, but just couldn't help myself commenting here--of course, I understand that there are many mitigating issues, just looking at this on the surface makes it seem like a very tough business~!

Aloha

I noticed the same thing, however, if you also noticed that an additional 10 million in revenue increased profits by almost 4x. Obviously, Regent has substantial fixed costs for the ships, debt, marketing and payroll. Thus, to increase profits, they must increase revenue.

Archived