Carnival Changed Ports on My December Cruise

GAMOM4

I just booked a cruise last Friday night (our annual cruise in December) we book this cruise because we want to go to Key West ... this morning when I was checking prices - I noticed that the itinerary had changed from Key West & Nassau to Nassau and Little Stirrup Cay....I thought I was seeing it wrong .... I have been to Half Moon Cay and I knew that Little Stirrup Cay was Royal's private island. I called my PVP and he said that late last night that they got the information that the port has been changed and they didn't really know why. I told him that I specifically book cruises that go to Key West and that I knew that 95% of the people would rather go to a private island but not us. He told me that the cruise close to Christmas was going to Key West but it was over twice the price so I wasn't interested in that. I had booked early saver ... he got his supervisor on the phone and they changed my booking to November (which I really don't like and it won't be decorated for Christmas and Key West won't be decorated for Christmas...but I didn't have much choice).

I was just going to let everyone know in case they had booked the same cruise and booked it specifically for Key West like we did.

Thanks I will look for it - I must have missed that post because I try to read all the ones about Key West ..... and really I am one of those that could go on a cruise to nowhere and be happy ... but Key West is just our favorite port and the only way I get to go there is on a cruise.

Why would CCL be using RCCL's island? I just looked and saw the change of itinerary, but find it weird that they are not using Half Moon, and would be paying "rent" to RCCL to use their island. I mean, even going to Freeport would almost make more sense to me than possibly risk losing customers to RCCL if people liked Little Stirrup better!

Does any other cruiselines go to Key West?

Disney

Holland America

Carnival

Royal Carribean

In fact I'm showing a Dec 9 sailing RCL Majesty of the Seas 4 night cruise $209 inside

But in light of this thread, you might want to call the cruise line to make sure before booking!

I just booked a cruise last Friday night (our annual cruise in December) we book this cruise because we want to go to Key West ... this morning when I was checking prices - I noticed that the itinerary had changed from Key West & Nassau to Nassau and Little Stirrup Cay....I thought I was seeing it wrong .... I have been to Half Moon Cay and I knew that Little Stirrup Cay was Royal's private island. I called my PVP and he said that late last night that they got the information that the port has been changed and they didn't really know why. I told him that I specifically book cruises that go to Key West and that I knew that 95% of the people would rather go to a private island but not us. He told me that the cruise close to Christmas was going to Key West but it was over twice the price so I wasn't interested in that. I had booked early saver ... he got his supervisor on the phone and they changed my booking to November (which I really don't like and it won't be decorated for Christmas and Key West won't be decorated for Christmas...but I didn't have much choice).

I was just going to let everyone know in case they had booked the same cruise and booked it specifically for Key West like we did.

FYI, RCI does a very nice 4 day cruise that includes Key West on the Majesty of the Seas. Beautiful little ship, great service and food. We're headed back on it for the third time this fall.

I had already booked early saver on the Fascination....so they let me change to the November 16th date (of course it was $20.00 more per person...but at least it was going where we wanted to go). I just hate that it isn't going to be in December like the past two years...in 2011 we were on the ship when the Christmas decorations were up and we loved it and loved seeing Key West decorated for Christmas...in 2012 for some reason they were putting up the decorations the morning we got off the ship....so I was so happy that this year we were booking the 9th and I figured that the decorations would be up....but I guess "it is what it is" and I could have stayed on the same booking and went to the new place or changed to November and went to Key West...so November it is

The notice that Carnival sent regarding the change specifically says that guests may cancel without penalty, so if you wanted to cancel and go with another line that would be an option (or at least it would have been, not sure now since you already re-booked on another cruise with Carnival)

I wish that I would have received the message stating that about being able to cancel....I probably wouldn't have went with another line - because this will be our 10th cruise and we will be platinum...but I would have had more time to think about it....but I called them the minute that I saw the change on the Carnival website....and while I was on the phone they put me on hold and talked to a supervisor and had me changed to the November sail date.

Archived