Celebrity Eclipse

Trialawyer

We will also be on the feb. 8 th cruise next year and can't wait, especially after your review.

MarGG - we did the Baltics with Celebrity a few summers ago. It really was a trip of a lifetime!

It sounds like Celebrity will be perfect for you.

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are sailing on the Eclipse in December over New Year's, and can't wait! Loved your descriptions! You are spot on about Celebrity, we sailed Celebrity last March for the first time and got hooked! We traveled CC that sailing, and are booked as CC again for December...but after your review, I feel like we really need to try Aqua Class on the next cruise. And believe me...there will be a next cruise!:)

We will also be on the feb. 8 th cruise next year and can't wait, especially after your review.

MarGG - we did the Baltics with Celebrity a few summers ago. It really was a trip of a lifetime!

It sounds like Celebrity will be perfect for you.

Thank you for encouraging me!

Trial, Thanks for a great review of the Eclipse. We sailed on her two years ago in Aqua class and felt exactly as you have reported. Loved Blu so much never even THOUGHT of going to specialty restaurants, the food and service were so exquisite!

As to the Relaxation room, we were only two staterooms away from the entrance, and went there in our robes with our morning coffee for our approach into ports - spectacular views, and there was never anyone else there in the a.m.

Looking forward to sailing her again on 4-6 and seeing her wonderful, caring crew!

Donna

Maybe Jackdiamond is confusing Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.

It happens.

B

Is Harrisburg closer to Philadelphia than Pittsburgh? Also, are you familiar with the Federal Court House in Harrisburgh? My recollection is that it was a grand old building. However, due to the passing of time, it may very well be that it no longer exists, which was the case with other courts in which I practiced over the years.

Edited by jackdiamond

Is Harrisburg closer to Philadelphia than Pittsburgh? Also, are you familiar with the Federal Court House in Harrisburgh? My recollection is that it was a grand old building. However, due to the passing of time, it may very well be that it no longer exists, which was the case with other courts in which I practiced over the years.

Yes, Harrisburg is closer to Philly. Pittsburgh is about twice the distance.

Cruise Critics Awards today gave 2nd highest ratings to the Eclipse, after Disney Dream.

Nice review!

I love the Eclipse - so glad you had a good time on her - your review sums up our experience as well. We sailed on the eclipse in December, 2010 and had a wonderful experience.

The staff was OUTSTANDING - I really felt pampered and special (in a normal veranda room). Our room steward fantastic - she just appeared - exactly when we needed her. And our room was cleaned it seemed literally minutes after we left it! What really impressed me was she knew/used our names (I am horrible with names). I know she has a list and we were assigned to the room but it was still impressive to be going to your cabin for the first time and be greeted by name and welcomed aboard. :-)

There was also a bartender at the Mast Bar named Melbourne Clarke - he was awesome! We were with a fun group and on the last day of the cruise we sang him a song - Sweet Melbourne Clarke to the tune of Sweet Caroline. (I have video of it somewhere). He realized that I absolutely love Carlsberg beer. He made sure the Mast Bar always had it available and even found some in bottles for me (their beers were mainly cans).

I am looking forward to our trip on Reflection (wonder if Melbourne is still with Celebrity and on this ship?!) :)

Again, great review - thanks for sharing!

Trial' date=' Thanks for a great review of the Eclipse. We sailed on her two years ago in Aqua class and felt exactly as you have reported. Loved Blu so much never even THOUGHT of going to specialty restaurants, the food and service were so exquisite!

As to the Relaxation room, we were only two staterooms away from the entrance, and went there in our robes with our morning coffee for our approach into ports - spectacular views, and there was never anyone else there in the a.m.

Looking forward to sailing her again on 4-6 and seeing her wonderful, caring crew!

Donna[/quote']

Is it ONLY aqua class that is allowed in the Relaxation room?

Very encouraging review - we are back on Eclipse for the second time in October. I noticed from another thread that some people have been complaining about the music being very loud - how did you find this Trial Lawyer?

Thank you for your post. I apologize for the late reply.

"Loud" and "very loud" are relative terms people define differently. On a ship with nearly 3,000 passengers, some will hear the same music and consider it pleasing, while others will complain that it's noise. Different strokes for different folks, my Dad used to say.

That said, we enjoyed cocktails each evening in the Ensemble Lounge as opposed to the Martini Bar because it was quieter and more conducive to conversation. But there were still plenty of people in the Martini Bar, which proves that it's just a matter of preference. The Eclipse is a big ship, so if you find music is too loud in one place, you can easily find another space more to your liking.

At 9 a.m. there was a zumba class on sea days on the pool deck with loud music a number of passengers were grumbling about. For the dozen participants in the class, it could have easily been held in the Sky Observation Lounge on Deck 14 without disturbing anybody.

I have found in my experience that Celebrity is very receptive to passenger comments, and if enough people had made enough noise (so to speak) to Guest Relations, I believe that Celebrity would have moved the zumba class to accommodate those who were annoyed.

Thank you so much! This review is just what I needed. We are choosing a Baltic cruise for this Summer right now and Celebrity was one of the options. Could you advise about the passengers there? What age category and what countries was the majority from?

We are in out fifties, Brits - me and my friend. We like nice food but are not heavy eaters and we are not very much in for drinks (a bit old fashioned - like tea ). We are in for art and culture. And we like it when it is calm and comfortable. Do you think we will fit in?

Thank you for your post. I apologize for the late reply.

My January 2013 cruise was to the Caribbean; the Baltics may (or may not) attract passengers from different age groups and nationalities. And while I did not count or survey the nearly 3,000 passengers on my Eclipse cruise, to my eye the 40s, 50s, 60s and the UK all appeared well represented. In fact, one-third of our party of six is from the UK: we had met them in January 2010 cruising through the Panama Canal on Celebrity's Constellation and have sailed with them annually ever since. I suspect that no matter what your destination or ship, you will meet plenty of people on a Celebrity cruise with both similar and diverse backgrounds and interests who share the common goal of creating lasting memories and friendships.

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I would be very interested in hearing about what you did in the ports, if you have the time. Thanks again.

Thanks for your post. I apologize for the late reply.

We have been to the Caribbean islands so often that sometimes we don't even bother leaving the boat except to shop. Some ports are more shopper-friendly than others. On Antigua, one enterprising resident offered me the opportunity to purchase a "woman" and "drugs" (not the terms he used). My taste in souvenirs tends to favor the legal over the harmful so I respectfully declined his kind offers. We were also set to visit some friends who have a time-share in Aruba, but it was the one day it rained so we stayed on board. On St. Maarten we took a taxi to the famous Maho Beach located at the base of the runway at the island's international airport. To the thrill of the sunbathers, a KLM jumbo and other planes flew in low enough to part my hair.

In the past when we did explore the islands, we preferred to organize our own tours. For example, a few years ago we hired a taxi and took a wonderful personalized half-day tour of Grenada. On Curacao we visited a synagogue that's the oldest in the western hemisphere still operating, which my Israeli wife and I found fascinating.

Basically we vacation to recharge our batteries and to return home relaxed and refreshed, but adventurous excursions like snorkeling, para-sailing, scuba diving and jet-skiing are still very popular on Caribbean cruises.

Perhaps other readers on this website will also be willing to share their shore experiences with you.

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I would be very interested in hearing about what you did in the ports, if you have the time. Thanks again.

Thanks for your post. I apologize for the late reply.

We have been to the Caribbean islands so often that sometimes we don't even bother leaving the boat except to shop. Some ports are more shopper-friendly than others. On Antigua, one enterprising resident offered me the opportunity to purchase a "woman" and "drugs" (not the terms he used). My taste in souvenirs tends to favor the legal over the harmful so I respectfully declined his kind offers. We were also set to visit some friends who have a time-share in Aruba, but it was the one day it rained so we stayed on board. On St. Maarten we took a taxi to the famous Maho Beach located at the base of the runway at the island's international airport. To the thrill of the sunbathers, a KLM jumbo and other planes flew in low enough to part my hair.

In the past when we did explore the islands, we preferred to organize our own tours. For example, a few years ago we hired a taxi and took a wonderful personalized half-day tour of Grenada. On Curacao we visited a synagogue that's the oldest in the western hemisphere still operating, which my Israeli wife and I found fascinating.

Basically we vacation to recharge our batteries and to return home relaxed and refreshed, but adventurous excursions like snorkeling, para-sailing, scuba diving and jet-skiing are still very popular on Caribbean cruises.

Perhaps other readers on this website will also be willing to share their shore experiences with you.

Yes. The maitre d' was Jorge ("Mr. George") Simoes who we knew from the Constellation. His assistant was Erkan Kurnaz. Although our party of six was large for a small restaurant like Blu, they managed to seat us efficiently each evening and made arrangements for us to dine in other venues whenever we requested. I can't say enough nice things about them. They are both genuine gentlemen.

They are both still there and made our Blu experience much better than when we were on the Eclipse in November.

You obviously have much thicker skin than I do :) I could not find a way to set the spray heads in a position that didn't actually hurt unless I turned off the overhead shower head....but then it's pretty hard to wash your hair, face, upper body when the jets of water are lower. Perhaps I need a lesson in how to better use the showers in aqua. I would love them if you could adjust the spray pattern of the individual jets to something other than "pressure wash".

I suspect it must have been something to do with where your cabin was. We spent 22 nights in 1633 and 14 in 1632 and had no issues with the water pressure level.