Nail polish question (so embarrassed)

CrabbyQ

I get pedicures all the time but rarely do manicures (my hands and nails are a wreck--always seems like a waste of time and money to keep them up)

My stepson's wedding is in a few weeks and I will be getting both (probably gel color for the hands--had it at Christmas and loved the durability!)

Question: Is it ok to get a soft nude (or other neutral--they are unfortunately too short for French) on the fingers and then bright red/pink on the toes? (wearing closed toe shoes for the wedding but will be in FL for a week w/exposed toes!) The days of matchy-matchy are long gone, right?

Yes, marchy, matchy days are gone.:)

Personally, I don't care for french manicures at all and I would do exactly what you're thinking, neutral nails and wild toes. I even do a glitter top coat on my toes in the summer and love the sparkle.:D

Congratulations:) and please don't be embarrassed. I have no nails...

we are all far from perfect and one of my vices? I bite mine:rolleyes:

Am I embarrassed? No...it is a vice of mine. I am sure there are plenty

of folks on here who think it is horrible but I really don't care.

I gave up smoking over 20 years ago....I bite my nails......oh well.

Isnt it funny...

Gals either really like french manicure or really dont!

That is all I do with my nails and love the look, and since I have to look at them every day, that is all that matters!!

I just had new pink and whites done today and am quite happy! I always feel so good and girly after a new manicure.

My toes, not in the best of shape from dancing and I always pick a deep red to hide my not so nice toes!! I think it is just fine not to have them match with my fingernails.

French is still, if not as, popular. As you say some people love it some people hate it.

I personally don't like it on my fingers or any nails that are too long. I will have it very occasionally with a design on my toes as it is quite a clean look when I fancy a change from the bling bling which is not often - but I just happen to have it this weekend:).

I go back and forth between French an a very pale pink like the above. As long as the white tips are narrow and not phoney looking, I guess I just like short nails, long fingernails just look like they would be difficult to keep clean underneath. When my manicurist does my nails French style they look like natural nails.

I really don't like French done on toes, they look like toenails that need trimming to me.

Archived