promenade room on IOS

racnwdow

We are thinking of booking a promenade room on IOS. We have always done outside cabins before. Anything we should take into consideration when booking a room? Is one deck better when taking promenade room?

If you book 6305, that would be the Ben & Jerry Sweet. The view is somewhat obstructed, but you would get free ice cream every day and access to the concierge lounge.

We've never cruised IOS but we had a Promenade cabin on our recent Mariner cruise and we loved it. We've booked the same cabin on our upcoming Liberty of the Seas cruise.

We normally go as cheap as possible and book Inside cabins, but this was a nice alternative and provides some light during the day and at night through the window overlooking the promenade.

We book on deck 8 just to get up out of the noise that might come from activity on the Promenade. It was perfect.

If you book 6305, that would be the Ben & Jerry Sweet. The view is somewhat obstructed, but you would get free ice cream every day and access to the concierge lounge.

There may be another downside to that cabin. It's been discussed in this thread that the cabin is adjacent to a crew area that may suffer from lots of noise during the night.

Back to the OP....

We are thinking of booking a promenade room on IOS. We have always done outside cabins before. Anything we should take into consideration when booking a room? Is one deck better when taking promenade room?

I love Promenade cabins on the Voyager and Freedom class ships. The view for people watching can be a lot of fun, and despite being an inside cabin, you can get some (albeit artificial) light from the window during the day, and that's nice.

I generally prefer deck 7 as a compromise between being too close to get as good a view up and down the Royal Promenade and being so high up that you're staring down at the tops of people's heads.

If you don't mind the bit of an extra walk to the elevators, midship is a good place to be able to see the most of the Royal Promenade (great vantage point for watching parades). Since I found that the long walk annoyed me more than having the better view would make up for it, I tend to book somewhat closer to the aft elevators.

Archived