Jacksonville, Fl Hotels

dctm06

Hoping someone can give me some advice on which area we should looking at staying in Jacksonville, Fl. We will be arriving on 3/15 and checking out 3/16 to depart on the Fascination.

We are driving in from Birmingham,Al.

Should I be looking at staying around the airport area? We will need to stay somewhere where there is fast food or restaurants for dinner and then breakfast the next morning. Any advice is appreciated!

Hoping someone can give me some advice on which area we should looking at staying in Jacksonville, Fl. We will be arriving on 3/15 and checking out 3/16 to depart on the Fascination.

Should I be looking at staying around the airport area? We will need to stay somewhere where there is fast food or restaurants for dinner and then breakfast the next morning. Any advice is appreciated!

There are many hotels at the Jax airport off of I-95 exit 363. Also many restaurants on both sides of this exit. Cruise terminal is about 10 miles from here. Only hotel near the cruise terminal is the Holiday Inn Express which is about 1 mile from terminal. Wendys is the only restaurant nearby but in walking distance. Hope this helps.

We stayed at the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel in 2011 when we last cruised and have already booked it for our next cruise too. The hotel offers, shuttle service to and from cruiseport and free parking for your car and low cost rooms. Lots of restaurants in this area. http://www.jacksonvilleplazahotel.com/

Go on groupon, the Radisson (I think) on the river just popped up in my email last week. The riverfront area has some good restaurants, shopping, fun stuff to do. The taxi ride to the port would be comparable from the airport, but you'd have a lot more fun downtown.

Hello to a fellow local. We've stayed at the aLoft by the airport. There's plenty of restaurants and shopping right across the street and its about 10 minutes to port the next morning. I know you said you're driving but have you thought about flying? You can almost always get Southwest to Jacksonville from BHM for $120 and all those hotels by the airport have free shuttles.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Hello to a fellow local. We've stayed at the aLoft by the airport. There's plenty of restaurants and shopping right across the street and its about 10 minutes to port the next morning. I know you said you're driving but have you thought about flying? You can almost always get Southwest to Jacksonville from BHM for $120 and all those hotels by the airport have free shuttles.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Yes, I checked flights but the cheapest roundtrip was around $400 for each us (there are 4 us)...so we cannot swing that. We ended up booking a Courtyard by Marriott at the airport for $58 total for the night of 3/15 and are just going to use the $8 lot at the port. So, hopefully all of this will work out ok.

I lied, it's livingsocial and it's the Wyndham. Starting at $59/night. I'd still pick that over the airport, though! I live here and the river is one of our best assets.

Thank you! The hotel looks very nice! How far of a drive is this hotel from the port?

Thank you! The hotel looks very nice! How far of a drive is this hotel from the port?

20 minutes or so...that would be door to door, depending on traffic

too....

I live here as well and depending on when you are arriving and how

long you are staying here? I agree the river is nice but I have flown

out several times in the last few months....the Riverplace Market

is a newer shopping center up by the airport which is quite nice

and there are more than a dozen hotels up there too. Those hotels

are much closer to the port. Jacksonville is so spread out.....

I have lived here all of my life and for a one night stay? I would stay

up by the port....so you have 2 different recommendations.

20 minutes or so...that would be door to door, depending on traffic

too....

I live here as well and depending on when you are arriving and how

long you are staying here? I agree the river is nice but I have flown

out several times in the last few months....the Riverplace Market

is a newer shopping center up by the airport which is quite nice

and there are more than a dozen hotels up there too. Those hotels

are much closer to the port. Jacksonville is so spread out.....

I have lived here all of my life and for a one night stay? I would stay

up by the port....so you have 2 different recommendations.

Thank you! I did call the hotel recommended above by the river and they were all booked up for 3/15, so I think I am going to keep my original hotel booked - Courtyard by Marriott at the airport. It is just for one night.

Thank you! I did call the hotel recommended above by the river and they were all booked up for 3/15, so I think I am going to keep my original hotel booked - Courtyard by Marriott at the airport. It is just for one night.

That should be fine:) and just an FYI.....you are near a Longhorn

Steakhouse, Ruby Tuesday's and a Zaxbys.

Also, they have a shuttle that will pick you up at the airport.

Enjoy your stay:)

I stayed at that Embassy when I came down for the job interview that brought about our move here, lol! I think you'll be happy, just be aware that Baymeadows Road is congested and slow during rush hour. Nothing worse than any city, IMO, but it will slow you down if you're coming or going at that time. For a HUGE range of dining options if you have a car or aren't opposed to cabbing it, check out St. John's Town Center. It's probably 5 miles from where you're staying and has everything you could imagine for dining and shopping (including a Target for whatever you realize you forgot). Have fun in Jax and on your cruise!

I stayed at that Embassy when I came down for the job interview that brought about our move here, lol! I think you'll be happy, just be aware that Baymeadows Road is congested and slow during rush hour. Nothing worse than any city, IMO, but it will slow you down if you're coming or going at that time. For a HUGE range of dining options if you have a car or aren't opposed to cabbing it, check out St. John's Town Center. It's probably 5 miles from where you're staying and has everything you could imagine for dining and shopping (including a Target for whatever you realize you forgot). Have fun in Jax and on your cruise!

Hi Kate:) I love Towne Center too:D

THX for the feedback on Embassy and area. We have stayed a few times in diffrent locations with them and always had great stays..Good to hear this 1 also has the good feedback. We are driving a short 5 hrs from NC and decided to spend Friday relaxing in Jacksonville before..Should be fun..:)

Archived