Do you clean the house before the cruise?

cruzincurt

I clean the house before we cruise. I like to come home to a clean house. Also I don't have to worry about cleaning the house when I get along with doing all the unpacking and washing of clothes.

And even though we have an alarm system, our neighbors still comes in and checks the house and I don't want them seing a dirty house. They are great. They know the day we are to arrive home, and if it is in the winter, they turn up the heat. In the summer they adjust the air-coditioning. Always come home to a confortable house.

I also like the idea of coming home to a clean house, but just in case it doesn't get done---my daughter and daughter-in-law have faithfully sworn that if anything happens to me, the first person they will call is a housekeeper to make sure it is clean before my Mother sees it. I'm 58 and she is 84, but the guilt trip would find me no matter where I was!!

Yes I clean before I go on vacation. Only problem is that if I am going out of town and my DH is not going with me I still have to clean when I get home because he has not gotten it yet. I won't have this problem for our upcoming cruise since we will be together.

Clean sheets, clean bathrooms, laundry done, dishes done, dust and vaccuming is a day of your time. Coming home from vacation and being able to relax is priceless.

Looks like I'm in the minority. No major cleaning before we cruise -- just empty the refrigerator, wash the dishes and empty the dishwasher, take out the garbage, maybe (or maybe not) change the sheets, tidy up a bit so our petsitter doesn't think I'm a complete slob. Too much else to do to get ready, to spend a lot of time house cleaning.

Archived