Beach bums looking for the best beaches along our cruise.

belugos

So I have noticed your posts in the past and was just wondering, I see you are from Florida and appear to be a Bengal fan. Just wondering how you came to be a Bengal fan.I am a huge Bengal fan too.

I spent the bulk of my formative years in the Northern suburbs of Cincy. Middletown, Fairfield, West Chester, Tri-County.

It's funny, tho... my dad and brother are die-hard Browns fans. My dad spent my entire life trying to convince me that I was crazy for being a member of the Who Dey Nation. The good news is that there is no such thing as a fake Bengals fans in Florida. Why would you bother? You could just be a fake Steelers/Pats fan! Just buy a jersey/hat and have tons of people praise you for it!

But good, bad (and lots and lots and lots of bad), whatever... I'm a lifer. Hardcore fan.

I spent the bulk of my formative years in the Northern suburbs of Cincy. Middletown, Fairfield, West Chester, Tri-County.

It's funny, tho... my dad and brother are die-hard Browns fans. My dad spent my entire life trying to convince me that I was crazy for being a member of the Who Dey Nation. The good news is that there is no such thing as a fake Bengals fans in Florida. Why would you bother? You could just be a fake Steelers/Pats fan! Just buy a jersey/hat and have tons of people praise you for it!

But good, bad (and lots and lots and lots of bad), whatever... I'm a lifer. Hardcore fan.

Well I am a Bengal fan because my FSIL was drafted last year so I am hoping for some good years to come. We have been in Cincinnati many times and really like it. DD had an apartment right on the river downtown during the season and it was just beautiful. I hope for you and me that the bad is going to be gone and the good is coming back. We will be sailing with a Steelers fan in a few weeks so I will have to see how that goes. Thanks for responding.

Sorry to barge in but...

I am getting mixd signals from the forum...

For someone who wants the beach life with no crowds...

St. Thomas:

1. Go to St. John island, trunk bay and it is a)not crowded b)crowded >take a)catamaran b)boat at dock

2. Go to Sapphire beach and it is a) not crowed b) crowed > take a)taxi b) something else?

3. Go to Caneel bay and it is....?....by...?...

And St. martin it is all about Pinel island?

Ty

Well I am a Bengal fan because my FSIL was drafted last year so I am hoping for some good years to come. We have been in Cincinnati many times and really like it. DD had an apartment right on the river downtown during the season and it was just beautiful. I hope for you and me that the bad is going to be gone and the good is coming back. We will be sailing with a Steelers fan in a few weeks so I will have to see how that goes. Thanks for responding.

Seeing where you are from... I have a strong feeling I know exactly who your FSIL is. Glad to have him! I loved the way he played this year and think he'll be a major asset, especially in the running game. He seems like such a respectful, impressive kid when you see him talk. Granted he probably won't get a lot of ESPN/NFL Network interviews over the years at his position, but they talk to him on Bengals.com some times.

Once upon a time, I had a buddy that had a loft apartment on the river. I can't tell you how many times I just accidentally had too much too drink and needed to crash on his couch! Hahaha. It was so nice and his living room had floor to ceiling windows, so you'd wake up with the sun on the river. Really awesome. It was remarkable how much less I crashed at his place when he moved!!! HAHAHA

Seeing where you are from... I have a strong feeling I know exactly who your FSIL is. Glad to have him! I loved the way he played this year and think he'll be a major asset, especially in the running game. He seems like such a respectful, impressive kid when you see him talk. Granted he probably won't get a lot of ESPN/NFL Network interviews over the years at his position, but they talk to him on Bengals.com some times.

Once upon a time, I had a buddy that had a loft apartment on the river. I can't tell you how many times I just accidentally had too much too drink and needed to crash on his couch! Hahaha. It was so nice and his living room had floor to ceiling windows, so you'd wake up with the sun on the river. Really awesome. It was remarkable how much less I crashed at his place when he moved!!! HAHAHA

You are correct. He had a great rookie year. We are glad he got drafted by the Bengals. It was a very exciting day.

In fact I was very disappointed in Trunk, for beauty it's fantastic but snorkeling is dismal to say the least. The life guards will not let you around on the back side of the piton where I suspect the good snorkeling is and the front side where the snorkel trail is has been so battered and ruined by people kicking and touching the coral since it became a national park, that there are only a few pencil fish and silver sides, no really pretty fish. This is not the case in Sapphire which has wonderful fish. I second the idea of not wasting time getting over to St. Johns and staying in St Thomas...just MHO.

Also, Sapphire is just next door to another gorgeous and very seldom visited beach Lindquist.

You should google both beaches photos and you will see what I mean. We were just there in Nov. and it was heavenly. YouTube also has fantastic videos of both beaches.:D

Many have told you that St. John (USVI) beaches are better and I won't disagree. Others like Magens Bay in St. Thomas, which is also a nice beach, but I don't think it's worth the cab ride and crowds.

I like Emerald Beach. It doesn't get crowded and I was there when the Oasis was in port. You can get chairs, food, and drink at the hotel there and have a good beach day without a lot of traveling and still have time to go downtown or shop if you wish.

In fact I was very disappointed in Trunk, for beauty it's fantastic but snorkeling is dismal to say the least. The life guards will not let you around on the back side of the piton where I suspect the good snorkeling is and the front side where the snorkel trail is has been so battered and ruined by people kicking and touching the coral since it became a national park, that there are only a few pencil fish and silver sides, no really pretty fish.

My camera disagrees with you. We saw parrot fish, several types of grunts, butterfly fish, blue tang, some squid, an octopus, a HUGE school of silver fish that completely surrounded me at one point, some stringrays, etc. I saw some other fish from a distance that I couldn't identify, but suspect were in the grunt family.

Someone on our truck-cab-thing said they saw a sea turtle and some seahorse.

ETA: A quick google search leads me to believe that the unidentified fish may have been "doctorfish" but I am not familiar with those.

My camera disagrees with you. We saw parrot fish, several types of grunts, butterfly fish, blue tang, some squid, an octopus, a HUGE school of silver fish that completely surrounded me at one point, some stringrays, etc. I saw some other fish from a distance that I couldn't identify, but suspect were in the grunt family.

Someone on our truck-cab-thing said they saw a sea turtle and some seahorse.

ETA: A quick google search leads me to believe that the unidentified fish may have been "doctorfish" but I am not familiar with those.

When was the last time you went? We were there in 2008 and those were the conditions on our underwater camera. The coral was dead! If you have been in the last couple years and it is good then that is great! Maybe the coral has had sufficient time to regenerate. I saw one trigger fish and that was about the only colorful fish I saw.

2exwyn7.jpg

205wnqu.jpg

Archived