Family Emergency Onboard Need Help Please

ddy123

I share everyone's joy that this ended well for you and your family, especially your parents.

Your children got to see first-hand what happens when someone you love needs help. I am sure they won't soon forget it. All the best.

More good news. I assume Medicare is accepted in St. Thomas, St. Croix, and Puerto Rico. Have I missed other places in the Caribbean?

DDY123, Welcome Home to you and your parents. Please write again.

jls

Anyplace that is a US possession or territory. I.E., Guam, American Samoa, and other possessions or territories that I can't remember, would accept Medicare, just as it would be accepted in the US.

Anyplace that is a US possession or territory. I.E., Guam, American Samoa, and other possessions or territories that I can't remember, would accept Medicare, just as it would be accepted in the US.

Yes, but be cautious for significant treatments after January 1, 2014, for anyone over the age of 70, irrespective as to the location.

:D Couldn't be happier for you and your family right now! What a wonderful daughter you are... and on behalf of those of us "tracking" you and your father... THANK YOU for taking the time to let us know of the wonderful news! As I said before... don't forget to take care of yourself! :D

I am afraid I must completely agree with Caribbean Chris. The care at the St. Thomas hospital was NOT what we have come to expect. As I said before the nursing staff was wonderful but there is only so much they can do with the limited resources they have. And the concept of "island time" unfortunately is evident in the lack of urgency shown around getting tests scheduled and then read. While all turned out well for us, I will say it was very unsettling constantly feeling like I had to be the sqeaky wheel.....and I was! It was entirely necessary. So if you find yourself on St. Thomas and are able to safely get back to the mainland for treatment, you really should do so.

I sincerely have appreciated everyone's concern, well wishes and prayers. Wanted to let you know that Dad continues to do well which is nothing short of miraculous. Now that we have him safely home, we have him under great medical care and are very hopeful that all will be well. Thank you again.

You are absolutely right......Dad (and Mom) were 100% of my focus while there. I literally went on "auto-pilot" and simply put one foot in front of the other to ensure Dad got what he needed. I am trying to give myself a little bit of down time when I can now that I am home. Once I get through this week at work, I will definitely have some "me time" this weekend.

Archived