Family Emergency Onboard Need Help Please

ddy123

All,

My father is on board the Celebrity Eclipse and has had a medical event and will be taken to the hospital on St Thomas. I am flying there to meet him and my mother. Does anyone know of a safe hotel near the pier where the Eclipse will dock? What is the name of the pier?

Many Thanks.

Here is the Name of the Hospital and phone number.

Schneider Regional

340-776-8311

And here is a hotel they suggest on their website. There is just 1.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sttfr-frenchmans-reef-and-morning-star-marriott-beach-resort/?corporateCode=JHO&toDate=&fromDate=&app=resvlink

Hopefully this helps.- Hope all works out!!

The hospital in St Thomas is a very good one and I agree get a hotel close to that rather than the pier since once the ship gets in your dad will be sent off to hospital and I take it treatment there could take longer than just a day.

Good Luck and hope dad gets better soon.

On my flight about to take off. I am staying near pier tonight to meet my parents when ship gets in tomorrow. Will then find a hotel near hospital for me and my Mom after that. Thanks for well wishes.

A business associate of mine had almost the identical problem two years ago. His mother was put up in the same hospital and they stayed down the road at Villa Blanca Hotel.

Rates were about $175-$200 (two years ago) and I still have the phone number (340-776-0749) as he was there for two weeks and we had much business to conduct. Of course I have no first hand knowledge but he said it was most satisfactory. I looked and they have a web site

Good luck and I wish your father a speedy and complete recovery.

Steven

Sorry to hear this. Cruise Critic is a strong forum and I'm sure will result in many, many, many good thoughts/prayers for you and your family as people read this and learn of your situation. I am thinking of you and your family and will continue to do so!

Here is the Name of the Hospital and phone number.

Schneider Regional

340-776-8311

And here is a hotel they suggest on their website. There is just 1.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sttfr-frenchmans-reef-and-morning-star-marriott-beach-resort/?corporateCode=JHO&toDate=&fromDate=&app=resvlink

Hopefully this helps.- Hope all works out!!

DH and I stayed at Frenchman's Reef for our honeymoon 32 years ago. You probably already have a room someplace, but I'd bet that any hotel would offer you a better rate under the circumstances. hope your father had insurance. ;)

I agree they may give a better rate if it is for this type of reason.... when our dtr was in school in Wash DC some yrs ago , we neeeded to stay there for an emergency dental procedure for her...it was Inauguration weekend.. we were really concerned about finding a room at any price...

A Holiday Inn nearby her school found us a room & a great price for a few days so we could be with her...all turned out well! !!!

It pays to inquire & share the reason for the trip under such circumstances...

Hope OP is with his parents & all is going well...

This is for the US so no passport issues for OP, but that's why everyone needs a passport in case they have to get to travelling rels in an emergency!

I agree they may give a better rate if it is for this type of reason.... when our dtr was in school in Wash DC some yrs ago , we neeeded to stay there for an emergency dental procedure for her...it was Inauguration weekend.. we were really concerned about finding a room at any price...

A Holiday Inn nearby her school found us a room & a great price for a few days so we could be with her...all turned out well! !!!

It pays to inquire & share the reason for the trip under such circumstances...

Hope OP is with his parents & all is going well...

This is for the US so no passport issues for OP, but that's why everyone needs a passport in case they have to get to travelling rels in an emergency!

You're lucky. When mom was evac'd off the ship to Ft Lauderdale for surgery, it was right before the Super Bowl, and our room at the hotel went from $229 a night to $899 a night the week of Super Bowl. Despite the fact that the hotel management knew that we were there for mom's emergency hip replacement, they would not budge and there were no other rooms available. Heck, the Hampton Inn was charging $499 a night during Super Bowl.

Archived