Just off the Breeze from Feb 16th cruise.. here's the good and the bad!

martini_guy

Overall, was a great cruise and was a very positive experience. I do however think a few things need to be addressed to make things even better. That being said, I would go on this cruise again in a heartbeat.

These are just small things that I think need some tweaking. I'll keep this simple:

CONS

-various bars ran out of several US brands of beer on the last 2 days. I don't see how this should EVER happen

-the food in the Lido buffets is inedible for many people (including myself). I choose not to eat most things deep fried, smothered in a sauce, or reheated from frozen. Thanks god the other places on Lido (Guy's, Blue Iguana, Deli, Indian food) are all outstanding.

-The lineup for the BBQ on sea days was 20 mins on each day, and that's in the sun. I could see where the bottleneck was though. If one person decides to take 2 mins putting their condiments on, then that's an extra 2 mins that the 100 people in line behind them had to wait. Just make a separate station for condiments!

-the comedy club was fantastic but hard to get into a show other than the midnight one. I'm not willing to wait in line for 30 mins to then sit 30 mins more to wait just to see a 40 min set. I don't wish to waste my vacation that way. How about providing more efficient seating so that everyone can enjoy. You could easily increase the seating by 50% without making it feel crowded. Those silly chairs are way too big.

-the liquor selection was poor in the Fun Shops. I was used to a much bigger selection in the past, but it seemed to be very basic this time around.

-it's abit tiring having worthless jewelry being pushed on you during PA announcements by Butch

-The Hasbro Game Show was OK but the minimal prizes made me feel like they were playing for something of basically nominal value. I think it takes away from that game show feeling when the prizes aren't of much value at all.

PROS

-best bar staff that I've ever had on a ship

-all of the food was good except the buffets on the Lido and the desserts on the Lido

-the new "for pay" sushi was great and very affordable, same goes for the snacks at Red Frog pub

-the daytime entertainment, trivia, etc was REALLY well run

-the comedians in the club were top notch

-the ship itself was the first non-tacky decorated one that I've seen. Was VERY nice!

-The new "Cheers" bar program is great! Very convenient, but I do wish it showed the number of drinks remaining for the day on the receipt.

For weeks, I've been reading reviews of the Breeze, and many are positive while some are not. I pretty much know what the expect, as far as food offerings and long lines, and I'll be happy waiting in those lines. All I'll be thinking about, while I'm in those lines, is that I'm on a cruise, where many people I know would love to be. Things could be worse. :)

Thanks for the pros and cons!

Do you have any idea on the Internet situation on board? Are the still doing the unlimited for. .? Or is it by the minute?

I have a college student that needs to turn in papers while out at sea.

The unlimited package was NOT available - when we ssailed 2/2.

They had the same "minutes purchased" packages that have been on other ships. I hear the service is still quite slow....

Thanks for the review. We're sailing in August. Did you get a chance to try the hot dogs (Sea Dogs)? My DS loooooves hot dogs and I'm wondering if they're pretty decent.

Didn't try the hot dogs. Guy's Burger joint accounted for about 4 of my lunches, and I could've eaten lunch there everyday!

Anyone know for those who get cheers if the servers walking around lido will still pay the normal amount of attention to you as they normally would after find g out you are doing cheers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the servers and bartenders are getting the same tip whether you use Cheers or not so it's all the same to them.

Besides, I'd say most people ordering drinks that I've noticed have the Cheers program.

The unlimited package was NOT available - when we ssailed 2/2.

They had the same "minutes purchased" packages that have been on other ships. I hear the service is still quite slow....

Yes I was caught by surprise after reading on here all along about the unlimited packages. We ended up getting a package that was around $60 and it lasted us during the cruise but only for fast email checking and a quick skype chat mostly.

I was on the sailing just before yours and couldn't agree more about the comedy shows. We waited in line for about 30mins and once we got in there wasn't a seat in the whole lounge.:mad: Wound up on the phone with the assistant CD and really wasn't impressed with how they handled the situation.

We were also surprised at how lackluster bar service was in the pub. We got up and walked out after being ignored for twenty minutes, their loss. Also couldn't get a souvenir glass after three tries at either outside frog bars so we kept our money :confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

We were on this cruise too. I agree with most of what you had to say as well. We also had a really hard time getting drinks at dinner....have they cut down on drink waiters in the main dining rooms? The lido buffet for lunch and breakfast was just okay. I am so glad that there were other places to dine for both lunch and breakfast!! We ate in the main dining room 7 out of 8 nights and didn't find the food that great. The meat was questionable.... The italian restaurant was fabulous!!!!! If we were not traveling with kids and in a large group I am thinking we would of dined each evening in the italian restaurant or the steakhouse. We also had a great time on the cruise and will probably sail with Carnival again in the future. I have also enjoyed our cruises on Royal and Princess so I am sure we will be sailing with them again too.

We were on this cruise too...

Yes I forgot to mention those things. I ordered a glass of wine on two nights in the dining room and basically I was over halfway finished my meal before I got my beverage.

With the comedy club, there just seems to be less seating than there was on the Dream and Magic where I could still find a seat if I got to a show 15-20 mins early.

I found the dining room food alright. Nothing really blew me away. The steakhouse was fully booked on the first day of the cruise so I was shut out of that (something that I won't let happen again!). I did the chef's table, which was fun and interesting. The food was good and complimentary wine was a nice touch, but after going once I don't feel the need to do it again. For my next Carnival cruise I will for sure have 1 night in the steakhouse and 1 night in the italian.

The main tip that I would give is to try the C-side BBQ on sea days. It's REALLY good. Especially if you like a very good pulled pork. Just try to be one of the first to lineup.

My other tip is if you want to go to the comedy club adult show. Show up at least 20 mins before and go to the midnight show. No lineups, just sit down. If it's already packed when you get there you can sit at the bar there. There is a TV screen in the bar area that shows the performer so even if your view is bad or obstructed you can still watch the show.

The steakhouse was fully booked on the first day of the cruise so I was shut out of that (something that I won't let happen again!)...

Are you saying that after the first day of the cruise, the steakhouse was fully booked for the remainder of the cruise, or just the first day?

I need to make my reservations right now if it's the former.

Are you saying that after the first day of the cruise, the steakhouse was fully booked for the remainder of the cruise, or just the first day?

I need to make my reservations right now if it's the former.

Yes that's right! The said that there was 5 spots left for the whole rest of the cruise at the very first annoucement on the first night, and those times were all 9 or 9:30. Seems that now you can book before going on the ship that everyone books early.

Another reason could be is that the steakhouse looks to be much smaller than the Dream or Magic.

Yes that's right! The said that there was 5 spots left for the whole rest of the cruise at the very first annoucement on the first night, and those times were all 9 or 9:30. Seems that now you can book before going on the ship that everyone books early.

Another reason could be is that the steakhouse looks to be much smaller than the Dream or Magic.

THANX! Yes, the Steakhouse does look smaller than other ones i've been on. I'll have to plan early then.

Pros/Cons are great, and consistent with others i've read about the Breeze. Thanks for posting. 46 days to go!!

Archived