Plastic organizer-Where to find?

KatPem

Hi, so after reading many, many threads and 6 of us traveling in two rooms, I have decided a plastic organizer is a must have.....but.....I can't find one anywhere that isn't like $15, which is more than I want to spend. So, if you have one, where did you get it...or have you seen one somewhere lately? I have checked the Dollar Tree with no luck. Thanks in advance!

Bought ours at Walmart for $6. Bought another 3 for work at staples for $10 each. I needed different colors.

Compartment titles

1. Cruise docs and contract

2. Legal docs; passports, copy of passports, telephone numbers of credit card companies, doctors, vets, etc

3. Hotel and / or Car rental info

4. List of addresses, hotel, nearest Walmart or publix near cruise ports

5. Shore and on board excursions

6. Open pocket for everything else.

Just found one at Dollar Tree. Have seen that different stores have varying inventory. Maybe try another store? I've checked for months and really wasn't willing to pay more than $5 based on the fact that I will only use it once.

Good luck and shopping!

love mine and purchased one at a resale shop for $2 lol :D

i also bought my first one at wal mart...for about $6.

I will travel with two. I hang mine on the outside of the closet doors. That way, everything is tidy and handy when we are ready to walk out the door.

love love love my organizer.

Walmart. Noticed you are going on the Liberty so it will work on the bathroom door. Just wanted to state that it will not work on the bathroom door on the Breeze. They designed the doors different and could not use mine on last cruise.

The doors, walls are metal, right? Use a magnet (make sure the magnet/magnets can handle the weight)to hang it anywhere you want.

I only use mine for makeup, Qtips, bandaids, stuff like that.

You may also be able to use an S hook to hang it from the ceiling, light fixture, or vent.

The doors, walls are metal, right? Use a magnet (make sure the magnet/magnets can handle the weight)to hang it anywhere you want.

I only use mine for makeup, Qtips, bandaids, stuff like that.

You may also be able to use an S hook to hang it from the ceiling, light fixture, or vent.

Tried the S hook, also the hanger that came with it...neither would work. I use mine for everything...shave cream, mosquito repellent, medicine, etc. Lots of heavier stuff so would have to be a really big magnet. Also not sure if the magnet would work. The way the bathroom door is the hinges are different and was a strange setup. The rest of the doors are wood...even the entry door.

Bought ours at Walmart for $6. Bought another 3 for work at staples for $10 each. I needed different colors.

Compartment titles

1. Cruise docs and contract

2. Legal docs; passports, copy of passports, telephone numbers of credit card companies, doctors, vets, etc

3. Hotel and / or Car rental info

4. List of addresses, hotel, nearest Walmart or publix near cruise ports

5. Shore and on board excursions

6. Open pocket for everything else.

I think you are referring to something else. OP seems to be talking about the over the door thingie or shoe storage bag that has a lot of pockets and hangs up.

Walmart. We use ours for all travel that we do. DH just remodeled our bedroom/bath/closet and hung towel bar higher up in my walk-in closet that I could hang it on when we are not traveling to replenish. When traveling we fold it up fully loaded and it fits perfectly in our rolling back-pack. When we get to our destination we just unfold and hang it up....everything is in its place and ready to use. When it is time to go home we just fold it back up, fully loaded, and put it back in our rolling back pack.

Things we keep in ours include (mostly travel size): first aid kit, OTC medications, Suntan lotion, aloe, bug spray, air freshener (B&BW), lysol, hand sanitizer, flash light, batteries, toiletries, downy wrinkle releaser, hole punch, lanyards, highliters, post-it notes, nightlight with 3 plugs, contacts/solutions/spare glasses, make-up, hair supplies, playing cards, etc.

It works perfect for the 4 of us (DH and myself, DD(16) and DS (18)). If we fly, we pull the liquids out to go into our checked luggage. If it is just DH & myself traveling, then I will grab a small travel cosmetic bag and just pull out the the things the 2 of us need....It's all right there so it is easy to find. If we have 2 rooms, DD will come in after we get set up and pull out the stuff they need in their room and return it before we leave.

This may not be the time to look for the cheapest product available. Once you put weight into plastic pockets, they need to be strong enough to hold up. Make sure you take a good look at the quality before you purchase.

I purchased the cheap ones (2x in the last 10 years) and it has never ripped on us and believe me when I say we use it all the time and it is even hanging full when not in use in my closet. We only replaced it recently because it was starting to get nasty looking from all the use we have given it.

Archived