Rm.8577 Radiance of the Sea

kauaisam

One of our couples who are taking their first cruise and to Alaska, are from Hawaii; they will be staying in an inside cabin. Since they aren't use to the cold, I decided to put us all in the cheaper cabins. Would we feel seasick?

One of our couples who are taking their first cruise and to Alaska, are from Hawaii; they will be staying in an inside cabin. Since they aren't use to the cold, I decided to put us all in the cheaper cabins. Would we feel seasick?

Taking an inside cabin because of outside temperature concerns is puzzling (have you considered an OV) ...Nothing to do with the temperature "you" set your in-cabin system to...As far as being seasick that can happen anywhere...But since they are from Hawaii sounds doubtful they will be, especially in Alaska..Enjoy your cruise !

You will have a great time on the Radiance. My wife and I were on that ship last August. We took the southbound route from Seward to Vancouver. It was an awesome cruise.

We had great weather for most of the cruise, even in Ketchikan which gets a lot of rain. It drizzled a little the day we were in Juneau, but by afternoon the sun came out. The only time we had cold weather was when we sailed into the area where the Hubbard Glacier is located. Most of the time, we didn't need a jacket because the weather was mild and sunny.

My wife made a slideshows from the pictures she took on our cruise and posted them on her website. If you are interested in seeing them you can click on the link below. Each slideshow will play as soon as the page opens, but you can also go through the pictures by clicking on the thumbnails one at a time.

Here is the link http://nancysoasis.com/alaska2012/alaska2012.html

Happy Sailing. It's a great way to see the world!

Archived