Cabin Night dinner theater in Denali

misssea

I did this show several years ago and it most likely has not changed. You do need reservations. It is an entertaining intro to the early settlers in Alaska. I thought it was kind of silly but told the story of Fanny Quigley whose cabin you can see if you take the trip to Kantishna. That connection went right over my head until I went to Kantishna last year and it kind of came together for me.

An 8 year old would probably enjoy it. It is an audience inclusive singing and storytelling with costumed entertainers. You file into the room and take a place at a large table and the costumed wait staff brings the stew, biscuits, etc to the table for all to share.

It was kind of expensive but you are paying for the show. It was loud and rowdy but not offensive at all.

I did this show several years ago and it most likely has not changed. You do need reservations. It is an entertaining intro to the early settlers in Alaska. I thought it was kind of silly but told the story of Fanny Quigley whose cabin you can see if you take the trip to Kantishna. That connection went right over my head until I went to Kantishna last year and it kind of came together for me.

An 8 year old would probably enjoy it. It is an audience inclusive singing and storytelling with costumed entertainers. You file into the room and take a place at a large table and the costumed wait staff brings the stew, biscuits, etc to the table for all to share.

It was kind of expensive but you are paying for the show. It was loud and rowdy but not offensive at all.

Like oaktreerb I did this a couple of years ago. I think your 8 year old would enjoy it. Yes, it is on a silly side but it was a fun time and I enjoyed it very much.

bob

How long the show and dinner last?

As I recall there were two (2) seatings for the show. I am not sure of the start times as it was a couple of years ago but I think you were in an out in about 90 minutes.

bob

8 yr old would be amused. I thought it was hokey.

Instead of starting a new table, they put me at the end of the table with my back to the show. When I turned my chair around they said I couldn't do that because my foot might trip the entertainer. So I turned my neck for a short while and gave up! Being at the end of the table, when the food was passed family style, I got none or very little from the dishes. When I asked for food, they started it again at the other end of the table. Certainly wasn't worth the price for me. The manager said they were short on help being it was the very last show of the season. So?

Being at the end of the table, when the food was passed family style, I got none or very little from the dishes. When I asked for food, they started it again at the other end of the table.

At that point at would have been very angry, and would not have been quiet about it.

I am so sorry you had that experience, especially at what must have been the end of a long day. Those Alaska land tours can be exhausting. All you want to do at the end of a tour day is eat supper and fall into bed.

Archived