Laundry packages

AmoMondo

well just 3 weeks until my cruise on the Atalantica so starting to mull over the packing list. I've searched this forum and seen mention of a laundry bag deal at the end of the cruise in previous years. Does anyone know if Costa are still doing it this year? Would be handy as I'm spending a few days in Dubai at the end of my cruise.

Excellent, thank you both. That saves me buying more suitable blouses and tshirts for the middle east. The case being a bit lighter (or more accurately less heavy!) will be a bonus as well.

Hi Amo

Its mel here, I never have anything dry cleaned before I travel always have it done onboard, it is very good value for money.

Have a great time miss seeing everyone on the other side, just leave her in good condition, we travel 6 weeks today.

Have a great time

Mel :cool:

Hi Amo

Its mel here, I never have anything dry cleaned before I travel always have it done onboard, it is very good value for money.

Have a great time miss seeing everyone on the other side, just leave her in good condition, we travel 6 weeks today.

Have a great time

Thanks Mel, lovely to hear from you again.I too miss all the gossip and chat from the other side too.

Less thn 3 weeks for me now. Hope you have a fab time too.

Mairi

The special is $30, it used to be as much as you could get in the bag, now there's a limit on pieces, I forget exactly.

Don't assume the left hand knows what the right hand is doing. I've had the English hostess phone Housekeeping and be told it won't be offered, only to have the offer show up 4 hours later.

The special is $30, it used to be as much as you could get in the bag, now there's a limit on pieces, I forget exactly.

Don't assume the left hand knows what the right hand is doing. I've had the English hostess phone Housekeeping and be told it won't be offered, only to have the offer show up 4 hours later.

Thanks Dancer Bob, that sounds like a similar deal to what I get on MSC.

Hi Amo

Have a great time

Thanks Mel, lovely to hear from you again.I too miss all the gossip and chat from the other side too.

Mairi

Hi Gals,

Good to see some "old" names.

Here's wishing you both a fabulous time on your upcoming cruises, let us know how you got on.

Ron

PS. The other side could bcome this side.;)

PPS. The special laundry offer is €20 for 25 pieces.

:cool:

Hi Gals,

Here's wishing you both a fabulous time on your upcoming cruises, let us know how you got on.

Ron

Hi Ron

Hope life is treating you and your better half well

Mel

Hi Gals,

Ron

Couldnt resist! HI ALL!:D:D

Brave xx

Mairi

Sorry Mairi for hijacking your post

Please let me know your thoughts on Atlantic, just wish Ron was following us with his usual wit

This is really a cruise of a life time

Please save some pink ladies for me

Melx

Ah great the gang is back! happy to have my thread hijacked....it's been a bit too quiet over here of late.

Ally seems to be doing fine, I keep in touch with her via FB. She has a further 2 cruises with Costa booked.

So Mel, are you doing the same itinerary as me - 7 nights roundtrip out of Dubai or are you doing a segment of the repositioning trip to the Far East? Can't wait to get away, work is more manic than ever and I can't wait to see the sunshine again!

Mairi

Ah great the gang is back! happy to have my thread hijacked....it's been a bit too quiet over here of late.

Ally seems to be doing fine, I keep in touch with her via FB. She has a further 2 cruises with Costa booked.

So Mel, are you doing the same itinerary as me - 7 nights roundtrip out of Dubai or are you doing a segment of the repositioning trip to the Far East? Can't wait to get away, work is more manic than ever and I can't wait to see the sunshine again!

Mairi

Hi Mairi

We did what you are doing in March 2010, apart from we went to Baharain, which I think Costa dont do anymore.

We are aboard Atlantic for 21 wonderful nights going from Dubai to Singapore.

I bet you cant wait just to feel the sun will be wonderful, like you I am finding work manic so 21 nights is a dream.

Have a great trip.....

Mel:cool:

Hello everyone! Where have all you guys been? News of Ally?

Mairi, the magic bag laundry special toward the end of the cruise is still €19.99 for up to 25 pieces.

Hi Capri

Hope life is treating you well.

Hi blonde, Hope you are well both you and your better half, miss chatting with you mauhhhhhh

Mel. X x

Right back at you Mel :):)

have a fab cruise - wont be long - I know how excited you must be - how time flies but miss all of you.

Mairi - you too - have a truly wonderful time - did you ever get that roller luggage?

I am in hiding at the moment - too many lbs to lose - but a non smoking too many lbs so will get there.

Miss you guys xx

Hi Mairi

We did what you are doing in March 2010, apart from we went to Baharain, which I think Costa dont do anymore.

We are aboard Atlantic for 21 wonderful nights going from Dubai to Singapore.

I bet you cant wait just to feel the sun will be wonderful, like you I am finding work manic so 21 nights is a dream.

Have a great trip.....

Mel:cool:

I did the same itinerary on the Favolosa last January. I was going to do a land trip of 4 nightsnin Dubai and 4 nights in Muscat. The hotels on a room only basis were quite expensivebthen I saw a great deal for a balcony on the Atlantica so doingnthat and a 3 night Dubai stay. Ron and Chuck have always had great things to say about the ship, so really looking forward to it.

Your trip sounds fabulous. I've done a few long cruises (on MSC) and loved everyone one. They are so relaxing and you get the contrast of verybdifferent ports at either end of the journey. That sort of itinerary remains on my bucket list!

Guess were both avidly counting down the time until we go!

Right back at you Mel :):)

have a fab cruise - wont be long - I know how excited you must be - how time flies but miss all of you.

Mairi - you too - have a truly wonderful time - did you ever get that roller luggage?

I am in hiding at the moment - too many lbs to lose - but a non smoking too many lbs so will get there.

Miss you guys xx

No, not yet, but still have kept the link for the next time I'm buying one. I'm having to travel more with work and am getting fed up of lugging a laptop around so more interested in finding a roller mobile office that has room to stuff a handbag in for when I have to use easy jet and go down to one piece of hand luggage.

Also to lose weight but left it too late! Did dowel last year on the Dukan diet but can't seem to keep to it this time. Still even if I only shift 5-6 pounds in the next 3 weeks, my clothes will fit a bit better!

• 2 weeks later...
:cool:

Hi Ron

Hope life is treating you and your better half well

Mel

Hi Mel,

Life is at last looking up for us. DW has at last had her hip replacement operation should be able to kick me in about 6 weeks.

When we had the appointment with the operating surgeon, Ingrid told him I was British, he said he just loved the British humour. He asked Ingrid while lokking and winking at me "would you like anything else removed or replaced?". I said "how about MIL", stoney silence took several minutes to explain. Oh wel I'll never make a living as a standup comic in Germany.

Ron

Hi all,

As there are lots of friends here (don't have to love Costa) and instead of highjacking a thread (as has happened with this one), how about starting a new thread where friends can just drop by and have a chat and a bit of fun - of course open to everyone, covering:

chitchat

how the family is doing

aches, pains and operations

jokes (of course politically correcct)

ideas about future cruise

rumours (cruise and not cruise)

games

stalks

and much much more.

A name would be needed:

- Family of Friends

- Friendly Community

- The Other Side

- All Inclusive (more thans a drinks package)

What do you think?

Ron

PS. Mel - how about I do a stalk "Atlantica - Dubai / Singapore"

Archived