Allure questions

Jenjer

We are going in Allure in May...whoo hooo With our best freinds its thier first cruise and I want to make it as perfect as possable.

Looking thru some posted Compasses. It looks like the Kids club is only open from 5-8 on Day One is that right no evening hours? Since the kids are 12, 11, 9, 8. We wanted to go see Chicago without them.

Also will they allow the 11 and 12 YO to hang out in kids club togther? The girls really want to be togther, I am suddenly very worried. The 12 YO would rather hang out with the younger kids than go with older kids alone. I fear that if not the girls will skip kids club all togther. Are they flexable at all? Would talking to the staff help at all? I know rules are there for a reason.

Are the menus order the same between Oasis and Allure I found them to be:

1....Mojo

2.... Saffron....formal night

3....Pimento

4.......Shiitake

5......Basil

6....Jasmine....formal night

7....Pomodoro

Thanks for your advice. After 8 cruises I am excited to finally getting to cruise on the Big Girl.

We cruised Allure in October 2012 with our son, aged 7. On embarkation day (day 1) the Adventure Ocean is not officially open. It opens from 11:15am-3:45pm then again from 6:30pm-8:30pm for registration. This is an opportunity for children and parents to have a look around, speak to the Adventure Ocean staff and to register their children in the Adventure Ocean program. You cannot leave children unattended on day 1. It will not be open after 8:30pm.

When we sailed On Oasis in October 2010, our son was 5. His birthday was in November. We asked if he could join the older age group (6-8 year olds) and they did this no problem. He was only one month away from turning 6 though. I'm not sure how it would work the other way round.

Are you doing an Eastern or Western itinerary? I believe the menu changes slightly (day 5 & 6 switched) between the 2.

As for the kids club, the teen club starts at 12 and they are pretty strict about only letting those 12 and over in. My son turned 12 during the cruise and I had to sign that I was ok to let him go. They didn't seem overly thrilled with it but he did go and was fine. I have heard they are much more lenient in letting kids go down a group. So maybe the 12 year old can go with the 9 - 11 year group? That group has the ability to sign themselves in and out if you let them so be aware of that.

We wanted to go see Chicago without them.

A really good piece of advice I read from "KansCocoa" is to do the Oceanaria show the first night. If there are any weather conditions through the cruise you will have other opportunities to see it in case it is canceled.

This could also help with the kids issue, as they would probably enjoy the show.

We are doing Eastern. I got this list from someone posted Oasis Menu so please correct me. We are making our reservations based on the menus.

I will talk to them about letting the 12 YO hang out with the 11 YO's

We will do Oceanaria instead. My DH think I am over reacting about not letting them see Chicago but the 11 and 12 YO are old enough it won't go over thier heads.

Hi. They are somewhat flexible re ages. What we did for the first night is hire an in-room babysitter. Kids (5, 8) were exhausted anyway from the travel and the excitement, so we ordered it as soon as we got on board. They were great, come in pairs (liability, I guess) and were about the same as a babysitter at home (10-15 per hour for both, not each!) Worked out great for us, and b/c the kids liked them, we arranged for same sitters to come other nights as well. They were very well trained, and very interactive! Hope that helps,

A really good piece of advice I read from "KansCocoa" is to do the Oceanaria show the first night. If there are any weather conditions through the cruise you will have other opportunities to see it in case it is canceled.

This could also help with the kids issue, as they would probably enjoy the show.

This was the same advise we had and used when we sailed the Allure. In fact, one of the shows later in the week was cancelled.

M

Archived