Dodging a Bullet on the Triumph - Feb. 2 - 6, 2013 - A Review

jhale

Debarkation -

Well what do you want to know? It sucked, it always sucks, this is just a fact of life. We are VIP, but we’re NEVER in a hurry to get off the ship. We ate our breakfast and hung out in the cabin as long as possible before making our way down to get off. Once off, we got a porter, it is SO much faster that way. Once through the line, getting through Customs was a breeze, we hiked down to the EZ Cruise pick up area and for once there was no wait! Probably took about an hour from stepping off the ship to starting up the car.

Final Thoughts -

I’ve never have a BAD cruise, my only complaint this one was we never got a towel animal, not one! Serioulsy, lol. I figure if that’s the worst thing that happened, we did pretty good. Plus we all know what happened to the Triumph on the cruise that left the day we got off! I met some awesome people, drank too much, ate too much and loved every minute of it.

So long!

487408_10151419427614449_1259088896_n_zpsef934f1c.jpg

If you have anything specific to ask, fire away! I’ve done this a few times, and am glad to help ☺

I absolutely love that shot of the Triumph in the side view mirror.

Of course!

You know, Jess and I joked about how we were going to "destroy" that ship, lol. Better watch what we say next time!

LOL!!! Yeah I remember you saying something like that on FB when the Triumph was having that little propulsion problem. Remind Betty and I to never cruise the same ship right after you guys :p

Awesome review and pics! Mr Sancho's WINS every time:D

Thanks for the great review and pics. We did a B2B on her last Sept. We were in 7202 and had a similar storm without the listing. It has an amazing view from that area. I took tons of pics, but my SD card is bad and I can't get anything off of it. We are scheduled to sail her again this Sept. for another B2B. Just the right size ship and great crew.

Thanks Again for your review.

Happy Sailing

Gary & Rox

Nice review! Progresso actually ended up being one of our favorite ports, but I think that would really depend on what someone was looking for, I've read a lot of negative reviews from others. We loved that it was not as refined and touristy as the other ports, at least not yet. The people were great, very open and friendly, and our girls loved haggling with the vendors in the market and practicing their Spanish :)

OUCH! What happened last night?? Thank goodness for moms, mine brought me an omelet this morning, hallelujah because I was feeling like I’d been run over. I finally drug myself out of bed and we headed to the gangway around 10am. We had reservations at Mr. Sancho’s all-inclusive. We were there in September and LOVED it, this time would be a little different. Let me start with there were, I believe, 6 ships in port this day, so it was one of the busiest day I’d been to Cozumel in a long time. We took a cab, $18 for the 3 of us, arrived, got our wristbands, and found some of my CC roll call buddies. Thank goodness they let us join them, because it was PACKED. The beach was still beautiful, there was a ton to do, and the food was good when you could get it, but you could tell they had too many people there. The service compared to our last trip was super slow. We ordered some coconut shrimp about 45 minutes before we were going to leave, and it still hadn’t come when we were walking out. I was kind of bummed about this, as last time it was phenomenal. I think they just need to limit the occupancy and it would be fine.

Mr. Sancho’s

426673_10151419416374449_599892477_n_zps807db200.jpg

Mr. Sancho’s pool

560088_10151419416414449_1859242677_n_zpsce0a3894.jpg

We took a cab back with our new friends (hey y’all!), and got back to the pier around 2, I think we were supposed to be back on board at 2:30, I could be off an hour. One last stop in the looooong duty-free shop for my favorite pomegranate tequila, and we got in line. They were really trying to take up all the liquor purchased on shore, I pretended not to hear them and walked past the table, the lady yelled, there was no elevator in sight so I took the stairs. I know, childish, but I HATE picking up my booze the last day, and I wanted to put it in my checked bag, we didn’t open it if that makes anyone feel better, lol. That night was an early one, had some room service, didn’t really do much, I was still tired from the night before. 33 is starting to feel old.

Ship Canyon and the lines

542695_10151419417354449_191400146_n_zps4057c573.jpg

I was on the glory, trying to spot me in this pic lol! When we debarked is when I heard of the triumph and I was like damn, I just saw the ship on Tuesday in Cozumel..how awful :(

Thanks for the review, we were on this sailing with you & the one the week before. We did a back to back starting on 1-28. Looks like we got off just in time.

Doug

We really did! It was amazing how quickly my phone/email blew up when the fire happened. Everyone thought I was still on the ship, lol.

We really enjoyed our cruise, we've never not enjoyed the Triumph.

Thanks for sharing your trip! Why wasn't anyone in the pool at Mr. Sancho's? It looks beautiful.

You know, there were people in it on and off. I think sitting on the beach was just more exciting to most, as they could probably sit in a pool at home, though I'm sure with a much different view ;)

It was also, from what I heard, rather chilly. Even the sea was a little cold, but as to be expected in February.

We really did! It was amazing how quickly my phone/email blew up when the fire happened. Everyone thought I was still on the ship, lol.

We really enjoyed our cruise, we've never not enjoyed the Triumph.

I agree, we would sail on her again at any time.

Doug

I agree, we would sail on her again at any time.

Doug

Hey, Doug,

It's Cathy from the Jan 28th cruise. We agree as far as sailing on her again, especially since we booked next January's cruise while on her. People have told me we are crazy for doing so but I figure she will be in great shape after all this. Taking hubby's cousin with us for her first time and she has no qualms at all. Her only problem is that time is not passing quick enough for her.

Maybe we will be on the same cruise again soon.

Cathy

Very nice review, loved the pics!! I had friends on the ill fated cruise after yours, she just posted on FB that it is their One month anniversary already.

Wow! I can't believe it's already been a month, time flew by!

The Triumph will be back in Galveston before we know it!

Can we be new cruise buddies ???

I wanna be a cruiser professional just like you !!!!

We were getting on Triumph when you were getting off. Ya coulda warned us... Hahahaha.

Great Review - thanks !!

Leaving for New Orleans for the Conquest in the morning !!!!

Tell me how was that cruise on the Conquest???? We are on it 3/31/13 and counting down :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Recently did Carnival Breeze to the Caribbean. Vlado was one of the bartenders I had the pelasure of meeting, so nice and so HOT! I regret not asking him for his info. Would you by any chance remember his last name or where he was from?? I'm drawing a blank.

What and where is the "secret balcony"?

On some Carnival ships, there are publicly accessible decks at the front of the ship that aren't that well known, hence they're sorta like "secret" decks.

The staterooms right behind them have forward-facing windows that overlook the decks, so even though they have an outside view, they are considered obstructed views and are priced the same as interior rooms. This is the type of stateroom the OP booked.

Recently did Carnival Breeze to the Caribbean. Vlado was one of the bartenders I had the pelasure of meeting, so nice and so HOT! I regret not asking him for his info. Would you by any chance remember his last name or where he was from?? I'm drawing a blank.

I didn't get his last name! He was a cutie, he really did make the best bloody mary I've ever had on a cruise; I was kind of hoping he'd be back on the Triumph upon it's return to Galveston, maybe around September, like on the 5th, hehehe....

I think when we met him he said his vacation was in June or July.

Archived