Tell me about your ....

Ms. T

We like the regular balconys, they're an absolute must for us. We've stayed in an ocean suite, which we absolutely love, and I spent an entire week living on my parent's aft after I tried booking an inside and got chlostraphobic.

See you soon craftykitty!

Have a great cruise this time around--we'll be getting on the Pride when you are getting off. Hopefully this time we won't be asked to leave in two hours. Lol!

We like the regular balconys, they're an absolute must for us. We've stayed in an ocean suite, which we absolutely love, and I spent an entire week living on my parent's aft after I tried booking an inside and got chlostraphobic.

See you soon craftykitty!

Looking forward to seeing you as well. Have you checked out the roll call for our group?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1378551

For anyone who's interested, here's a shot of the bowling alley balconies on the Sprit class ships

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cru...s/DSCN0188.JPG

We had our first 'extended' balcony in Dec. LOVED it. As another said it was NICE to "stretch" our legs.

Will definitely be doing these in the future as we use our balconeys alot.

The regular balconies can be compared to economy class airline seats! I've only had an extended once and I wish that were the regular size...

One of the reasons I hesitate to book balconies on Carnival - the majority are really small and they're not good for more than an opportunity to step outside and get some fresh air, IMHO. Will book if I get a great price, but I won't pay a premium for them. OV's are usually a much better value for us on Carnival.

On my last cruise I spent a great deal of time on my balcony reading. I love being out there.

Trying to choose a balcony stateroom. Tell me about your balcony stateroom. Would love to hear from anyone who booked a " suite, extended wraparound, premium aft balcony or any other kind of balcony

All but two of my cruises have been in balcony rooms. My first cruise - eons ago - was with 4 in a room on one of the lower decks. I think we had a tiny porthole in the bathroom!

I had an OV room once and that was okay, but I don't think I could do a complete inside with no window. I love a balcony. I could stand at the rail or sit and watch the ocean for hours.

Anyway - on our last cruise, we did 4 adults in one room. We knew it would be crowded, so we got an extended balcony and we were all glad we did! It was a good escape. A place to hang out while others were getting ready for dinner. And a place to sit besides sitting on the beds.

For our cruise on the Splendor out of NYC, we booked an aft-wrap. I took a look at some pics someone had posted online and we were SOLD! It's huge and has 2 lounge chairs - no dealing with chair hogs - yay!

I'm looking forward to a breakfast or lunch from room service and eating on the balcony. I want to sit and watch the wake. I want to star gaze at night.

So after June, you can ask me about my aft :cool:

LIDO..LIDO..LIDO we love the lido balconies. Yes they are the same size as the rest of the ship but we get one right inside the door to the pool. Great location. Think of how much time you spend on a cruise walking the hallways to your room. Never with a lido balcony. You are close to everything, pool, bars, deck parties, elevators just everything. How could it be any better than that?

Everything but the MDR (lol). We had a Lido balcony on our last two cruises, and will have another next month. They are a convenient location

Personally, I find the normal size balconies are just the right size for a couple. It would be nice if they had a Lounger, but you can't have everything in life

We've had regular balconies, extended and the bowling alley type. Haven't gotten an aft yet, but would love to. I prefer the extended balcony. It was nice having the room to move the chairs around comfortably and I believe it fit a lounge chair.

Our favorite balcony so far is the Spirit class extended balconies that are forward. The forward ones have the angled glass barriers (midship extended balconies have the regular straight up-and-down glass), so you get the typical extended balcony that is wider, plus you have even more floor space (leg room) due to the glass being angled and wider at the bottom. We liked cabin 5130 as it was the last extended balcony (5132 next door is a normal balcony) and since it is the last one in this category it is located directly over the restroom portion of the top floor of the showroom so there is no noise from shows that might leak in from the lower numbered extended balcony cabins that are further forward and directly over showroom.

Booked 5130 again for our European sailing on Legend in May, but just scored deal and upgraded to the premium balcony 6279 that is supposed to have the larger room and larger balcony. I've read that it is just like one of the smaller suites (minus the whirlpool) without the suite price. We always have 4 in a cabin and manage with the standard cabin, but will be happy to try the larger size cabin this time and the huge balcony too!

My two Alaska cruises I did a balcony and it was greatest we were on the side that over looks College Fjords. It was the greatest experience as we were pulling in. We always did the upper deck level 8. When we did the Mediterranean cruise our Carnival agent talked us into the lower deck it was a cove balcony. That was our best experience yet, you didn't feel like you were even moving and you were so close to the water. This time we went with deck 4 on the Miracle Port side so that we can see the Na Pali coast and we are hoping for the same experience. Can't wait one month 2 weeks to go.:D

Hi Folks,

booking a balcony is an art. Study the deck plans. Are you husband and wife looking for a fun cruise and peacefull nights? Then look for a balcony for 2, with balconys for 2 on each side. You may not want to book next to a room for 4 people, or a room for 3 .Look whats above and below your deck. Disco can be fun but not if you want to go to bed early.

have fun

Dave

Dang - now there's something I never thought about! We learned to look above and below, but I hadn't considered the capacity on either side of us. I just checked and it looks like we're in a balcony for two, sandwiched between a couple balconies for four. Given that it's going to be spring break... here's hoping for the best. :eek:

Archived