Tell me about your ....

Ms. T

Trying to choose a balcony stateroom. Tell me about your balcony stateroom. Would love to hear from anyone who booked a " suite, extended wraparound, premium aft balcony or any other kind of balcony :confused:

No wisecracks please....seriously

We love a suite, but usually go with the Extended balcony cabins for economic reasons. We like the deeper ones where we can stretch our legs. Not interested in the long bowling alley types since they are no deeper. We also prefer a mid ship location.

I had an aft balcony on the Sensation. It was nice because you could look to both sides of the ship. Only downfall was it was a looooooooong walk to anywhere :D

Thanks....I'll need to walk to keep some of that food from sticking to my hips lol

;)

We had an extended balcony on the Pride last April, which was mid ship. The extra leg room was great!!!

We booked a standard balcony on the Lido for our Breeze cruise in April.

Hope our legs aren't SQUISHED:eek::eek:

lol

But we'll be on the Lido. I hear once you go Lido, you never go back. Hoping that's true!!!:D:D

We had our 1st Alf balcony on the Valor and loved it! Then we had one on the Sensation and loved it. Would love to get a wrap, but our friends had it on the Valor and we had the partition opend during our cruise and we did get to walk around when puling out of port.:p

On our 1st cruise we had a Cat 11 balcony on the Sensation and tried to sit in the chairs on the balcony and our knees keep hitting the rails and we did not like that.

We had our 1st Alf balcony on the Valor and loved it! Then we had one on the Sensation and loved it. Would love to get a wrap, but our friends had it on the Valor and we had the partition opend during our cruise and we did get to walk around when puling out of port.:p

On our 1st cruise we had a Cat 11 balcony on the Sensation and tried to sit in the chairs on the balcony and our knees keep hitting the rails and we did not like that.

But that class of ships is known to have TINY balconies, right?:eek::eek:

Are you like 7' tall?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't want my legs touching the rail. lol

But that class of ships is known to have TINY balconies, right?:eek::eek:

Are you like 7' tall?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't want my legs touching the rail. lol

One of the reasons I hesitate to book balconies on Carnival - the majority are really small and they're not good for more than an opportunity to step outside and get some fresh air, IMHO. Will book if I get a great price, but I won't pay a premium for them. OV's are usually a much better value for us on Carnival.

My first cruise I had an inside upper/lower (NEVER AGAIN) so on our second cruise my DH went and I wanted him to be comfortable so we got a wrap around. The balcony was wonderful, but until I booked my current cruise, I didn't realize how little room we had in the room. The bed took up everything. There was a chair, but we sat mostly on the bed. This time we are getting a spa balcony (which is pretty much a regular balcony) so I will have something to compare.

Back in 2005, on our first cruise on the Elation, our party was upgraded for free, from 2 OVs and 2 insides, to 2 grand suites (Category 12) and 2 OVs. Apparently they needed several OVs and insides together for a large party.

Our TA called us for permission and as newbies we just went along with what she said. When we saw our room, we of course loved the balcony, but honestly thought, "Oh well, it looks like a hotel room." That is until we saw the kids's rooms and realized how much space the suite had.

Well from that first cruise, DH will only book a suite....we always go with a group (from 13-16, including our 4 boys and now their wives ) and love having a fun gathering place. We have never been in a Junior suite because we always want mid ship and the Jrs. seem to be in the front of the ship. We have had 3 grand suites and 2 OV suites. LOVE the space and the sound of the ocean. We do however book our kids insides! :D

Everyone is different, but for us we need a balcony!! (and love the space of a suite)

Hi Folks,

booking a balcony is an art. Study the deck plans. Are you husband and wife looking for a fun cruise and peacefull nights? Then look for a balcony for 2, with balconys for 2 on each side. You may not want to book next to a room for 4 people, or a room for 3 .Look whats above and below your deck. Disco can be fun but not if you want to go to bed early.

have fun

Dave

We have always had mid-ship balcony rooms, until our last cruise on the Conquest.

We had an aft balcony room, #7453 on the Empress deck to be exact, and I absolutely LOVED it!! I spent a LOT of time out there. It was especially enjoyable to watch sail away from the balcony, since we were on the Mississippi River for several hours before getting out to sea. It was still daylight for at least an hour, so it was fun seeing everything from the back, and side to side instead of just on one side like on a regular balcony.

The balcony was large enough for two regular chairs and table, plus a lounger so I spent quite a bit of time on the lounger reading my kindle, watching the wake and the ocean. So peaceful!

I would do an aft stateroom again, or better yet next time an aft wrap! :)

On our last cruise (we were on RCCL) we had a corner aft balcony stateroom. It was awesome. Our tablemates were envious when they came to see it, we could fit 8 of us comfortably out there! And at the time afts were still not really popular so we paid no more than a regular balcony stateroom (this was 6 years ago). We were on a cruise just the two of us (husband/wife) then. (ETA: My avatar pic is from that cruise, on the Navigator.)

This cruise will be with our 7 year old, and we will likely be in our stateroom even less. So we've chose a mid ship balcony stateroom on deck 7 (Glory) with stateroom decks above and below (for quiet) and between elevators with no stateroom directly across from us.

Trying to choose a balcony stateroom. Tell me about your balcony stateroom. Would love to hear from anyone who booked a " suite, extended wraparound, premium aft balcony or any other kind of balcony :confused:

No wisecracks please....seriously

We cruised in an aft wrap on 2/3. The cabin was a good size but the balcony was huge. We had several relatives cruising with us and we all got together on our balcony for sailaway from the ports and from Miami. It held 2 loungers and 5 upright chairs and 1 small table. I wouldn't hesitate to book this type of cabin again. We absolutely loved it.

I've stayed in aft wrap 7425 twice on the Triumph and loved it! Very spacious room and great balcony. We had two loungers and a small table on the balcony and tons of room both aft and on the side. We stayed in a regular balcony room on the Miracle and hated it. The room was fine, although not as spacious as the aft wrap, but the balcony was tiny. Only 2 patio chairs and a small table and barely room enough to walk around them. No leg room. Very cramped. We were disappointed. Going to have a regular balcony on the Legend for our Baltic cruise, but we couldn't afford a more expensive room. :( Still, we'll be cruising and seeing lots of new places, so it's all good. :)

We have a bowling ally balcony on the Pride in just a few days and as it's on the veranda deck it's also extended more than regular width. Really looking forward to sail away with my whole group (8 in total) out there with a nice cold drink.

We like the regular balconys, they're an absolute must for us. We've stayed in an ocean suite, which we absolutely love, and I spent an entire week living on my parent's aft after I tried booking an inside and got chlostraphobic.

See you soon craftykitty!

LIDO..LIDO..LIDO we love the lido balconies. Yes they are the same size as the rest of the ship but we get one right inside the door to the pool. Great location. Think of how much time you spend on a cruise walking the hallways to your room. Never with a lido balcony. You are close to everything, pool, bars, deck parties, elevators just everything. How could it be any better than that?

Archived