Silversea offering free upgrades in Alaska

Seafairer

Silversea just sent an email offering a free one-category upgrade on selected Alaska cruises this May and June. Amused to see that it notes, "there's even free butler service." Not sure how widespread this offer is, but butler service isn't exactly news to Venetian members..

Silversea just sent an email offering a free one-category upgrade on selected Alaska cruises this May and June. Amused to see that it notes, "there's even free butler service." Not sure how widespread this offer is, but butler service isn't exactly news to Venetian members..

I was surprised to receive it -- and wonder if this is the beginning of "anything to fill the ships" effort. Smacks of mass marketing to me. Disappointing.

The "terms & conditions" small print specifies that the "promotional upgrade is a one-category upgrade up to a Veranda 4." Fares are based on availability.

And, yes, Dusababy, I'm with you. As I've said elsewhere, I just wish Silversea would sell a couple of the ships (but not the Wind or Cloud!). It would make their lives so much easier, business-wise, and would allow for a return to true luxury, in all of its ramifications.

Local travel agent has just sent me a Regent booklet entitled it is all included.

I had asked the same agent to advise me when Silversea 2014 Explorer cruises were available and heard nothing! One assumes Regent pay more commission.

Just look at the level of discounts available on all the other 'luxury' lines and you can tell that the competition must be hurting them big time

Yup. Silversea's ships are wonderful and I love the small passenger loads on each. But it makes me wonder if they may have too many ships now, too many cabins to fill. Who really knows?

Archived