All Things Adventure of the Seas

Will be sailing on Adventure for the first time at the start of May, enjoyed reading through lots of posts about her :)

Does any one know if Cupcake Cupboard was definitely installed during her dry dock?

The option to book the Cupcake classes is not possible, but not sure if it's just because the system has not bee updated since the dry port.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

x

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit four chairs on a E1 balcony deck 8? If so, would the stateroom attendant give us extras if we asked?

Thanks, Debbie x

Might be possible if the table was removed, but it would be tight. The stateroom attendant may or may not be able to help. We've had it both ways.

Will be sailing on Adventure for the first time at the start of May, enjoyed reading through lots of posts about her :)

Does any one know if Cupcake Cupboard was definitely installed during her dry dock?

The option to book the Cupcake classes is not possible, but not sure if it's just because the system has not bee updated since the dry port.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

x

According to post #254 on this thread they did not.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2018790&page=13

Edited by Ocean Boy

Did they skip the nursery? I've read conflicting stuff and just wondering.

We've got a NYE cruise with family (and our son will be 9 months then), so might be nice if they had it in...no biggie though, we know it'll be a different cruise than normal with a baby!

Did they skip the nursery? I've read conflicting stuff and just wondering.

We've got a NYE cruise with family (and our son will be 9 months then), so might be nice if they had it in...no biggie though, we know it'll be a different cruise than normal with a baby!

I don't believe the nursery was added in the latest dry dock.

I don't believe the nursery was added in the latest dry dock.

Thanks! Wasn't holding my breath....

We'll have enough female family members that'll love watching a baby, so we'll be ok....

Looking forward to Adventure after doing Allure, Majesty, and Serenade....always like seeing a new ship.

Thanks! Wasn't holding my breath....

We'll have enough female family members that'll love watching a baby, so we'll be ok....

Looking forward to Adventure after doing Allure, Majesty, and Serenade....always like seeing a new ship.

Those female family members would love looking after a baby even when they are on a cruise ship with a ton of other things to do? I guess you can tell where we male family members would be positioned on this.:D

Come on baby, the Schooner Bar is right up these stairs..... :eek:

Edited by Ocean Boy

Hi all. I've only ever been on a Disney cruise and mostly spend time on that lines specific board elsewhere so this is my first post.

We absolutely LOVED our time on the Fantasy and my parents are thinking of taking the whole family on the next one. We were originally thinking we'd stick with Disney because it was so amazing, but I think everyone would enjoy the southern caribbean itinerary even more as long as the ship worked for us. We'd need about 5 or 6 cabins and would prefer to be next to each other. On DCL we were able to open up the verandahs (balconies) so that we'd all be able to be out there together after the kids are asleep.

My question is, is that possible on the Adventure of the Seas? Or could we only do that with two cabins? Or not at all? If this is possible and you've done it, could you please post a photo for me? Thanks!

Edited by thefamilytravelagent

Hi all. I've only ever been on a Disney cruise and mostly spend time on that lines specific board elsewhere so this is my first post.

We absolutely LOVED our time on the Fantasy and my parents are thinking of taking the whole family on the next one. We were originally thinking we'd stick with Disney because it was so amazing, but I think everyone would enjoy the southern caribbean itinerary even more as long as the ship worked for us. We'd need about 5 or 6 cabins and would prefer to be next to each other. On DCL we were able to open up the verandahs (balconies) so that we'd all be able to be out there together after the kids are asleep.

My question is, is that possible on the Adventure of the Seas? Or could we only do that with two cabins? Or not at all? If this is possible and you've done it, could you please post a photo for me? Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Unfortunately, the design of Adventure prevents opening any balconies to each other.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Unfortunately, the design of Adventure prevents opening any balconies to each other.

Really? Well darn. Well, I think that pretty much counts us out for this time then. Maybe if they ever put a different ship on this itinerary we can try it b/c I really would just love to do this itinerary.

Really? Well darn. Well, I think that pretty much counts us out for this time then. Maybe if they ever put a different ship on this itinerary we can try it b/c I really would just love to do this itinerary.

The balcony dividers can be opened on Jewel if you want to do the southern Caribbean. However, I prefer Adventure over Jewel myself.

What bothers me is that I have checked a number cruise related travel sights and they all say that the solarium pool can be covered.

This can be deal breaker for me

Those sites are incorrect in the case of Adventure.

However, if you choose Jewel, you will have a covered Solarium.

What bothers me is that I have checked a number cruise related travel sights and they all say that the solarium pool can be covered.

This can be deal breaker for me

Are you going to believe those sites or those of us who have actually sailed on the ship.... multiple times?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had a chance to go through this whole thread yet. We've sailed RCI 5 times, and are about to go on Freedom again in a month. Next year, I turn 50 and my husband agreed to a birthday cruise on AOS, and I'm very excited!

I have a few questions I hope you can answer. If they've already been answered somewhere here, I apologize. It will take me a while to go through 32 pages.

We are looking at a junior suite or grand suite. Does anyone have any pictures or suggestions? We love a great sea view from the balcony as opposed to seeing part of the ship. Since we've never sailed in a suite before, any info helps.

Do both grand suites and junior suites have the bigger, higher tables on the balcony?

Where do you stay when you fly in the day before?

Is there much of a language issue? I'll be honest, I can't hear. But, my husband will have to do the communicating and we were wondering about how difficult it will be the day before we sail and onboard.

Thanks!!