All Things Adventure of the Seas

34 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

i had no idea Adventure had rooms with glass balconies.  I'll check those out as we have friends joining us who are still choosing a room.

Yes those were added during its last dry dock. You can sit inside the cabin and still get a good view of the sea. 

Asking the same question...perhaps hoping to get a different answer...crying...what are suite perks for lunch and dinner on the Adventure? 

We know there's no CK.  We know you can order room service for dinner using the MDR menu.

We know it will be Giovannis or Chops for breakfast...same menu as MDR.  Anything special for suite guests? Thanks!

Just now, bonsai3s said:

Asking the same question...perhaps hoping to get a different answer...crying...what are suite perks for lunch and dinner on the Adventure? 

We know there's no CK.  We know you can order room service for dinner using the MDR menu.

We know it will be Giovannis or Chops for breakfast...same menu as MDR.  Anything special for suite guests? Thanks!

Nothing for lunch and dinner other than some reserved seating in a specialty restaurant for Windjammer lunch.

9 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

i had no idea Adventure had rooms with glass balconies.  I'll check those out as we have friends joining us who are still choosing a room.

This was our Adventure JS on deck 10 (room 1640).  Loved the location.

Maybe a bit more steel from bottom to top from other picture, but there was still glass.  Only regular chairs were provided.

659681524_IMG_2447(Medium).thumb.jpeg.0fe61a7c379a05e950a8c5fbfe8a8f91.jpeg

Edited by LuCruise

On 1/2/2020 at 7:41 AM, LuCruise said:

Maybe a bit more steel from bottom to top from other picture, but there was still glass.  Only regular chairs were provided.

659681524_IMG_2447(Medium).thumb.jpeg.0fe61a7c379a05e950a8c5fbfe8a8f91.jpeg

Very interesting design.  We are booked on Adventure in February and awaiting our cabin assignment since we did a GTY for balcony (or better cabin).  Time will tell what we get.  No assignment yet.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just jumping in so I can follow this thread....

We will be on Adventure this August out of Bayonne.

It is our 2nd time on Adventure, the 1st was out of San Jaun

We have sailed out of Bayonne 5 previous times, when the Explorer was there.

We've also sailed on the Mariner 2-3 times out of Florida, so it is easy to see this is our favorite class ship 

Edited by B-52

On 1/1/2020 at 7:20 PM, RCCL Fan said:

On 1/2/2020 at 4:41 AM, LuCruise said:

It's been many years since I've sailed an early Voyager Class ship, but I thought all...with the exception of aft facing...had those glass panels.  

1 hour ago, Aquahound said:

It's been many years since I've sailed an early Voyager Class ship, but I thought all...with the exception of aft facing...had those glass panels.  

The glass panels are on balconies from deck 7-10. Deck 6, I THINK I read, has solid walls. I have not stayed on deck 6. Those small glass panels are not as nice as the full panels for an ocean view when sitting on a chair as you get on the later Voyager ships... Navigator and Mariner.

If you don't NEED a balcony (we cruise mostly with balconies, but not always) the Panoramic Ocean View cabin on Deck 12 forward we stayed in was one of our all time favorite cabins.  Floor to ceiling window for a great view and if you are in one of the more aft cabins you are only steps away from the open deck for those times you want to feel the fresh air and sunshine. We wish all classes of ships had these cabins!  This was especially useful on our October cruise out of Quebec City down to Fort Lauderdale.  The weather was cold and we would not have used the balcony for anything other than pictures.  When we wanted pictures that were not through a window we just stepped out on deck. The room in the cabin was very spacious - much larger than most balcony cabins we have cruised in.  We liked that.

8 hours ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

If you don't NEED a balcony (we cruise mostly with balconies, but not always) the Panoramic Ocean View cabin on Deck 12 forward we stayed in was one of our all time favorite cabins.  Floor to ceiling window for a great view and if you are in one of the more aft cabins you are only steps away from the open deck for those times you want to feel the fresh air and sunshine. We wish all classes of ships had these cabins!  This was especially useful on our October cruise out of Quebec City down to Fort Lauderdale.  The weather was cold and we would not have used the balcony for anything other than pictures.  When we wanted pictures that were not through a window we just stepped out on deck. The room in the cabin was very spacious - much larger than most balcony cabins we have cruised in.  We liked that.

However can you imagine being quarantined on board and not having any fresh air?  I would not be a happy camper.  While I realize this could be rare- I want a balcony!

Recently booked Adventure for the Canada/New England sailing May 15th. I specified My Time Dining on the reservation request but the TA said that My Time is not offered on this sailing. Does that sound accurate? We've always done My Time on Royal each cruise since the concept was introduced, and never found it to be ship specific.

17 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

Recently booked Adventure for the Canada/New England sailing May 15th. I specified My Time Dining on the reservation request but the TA said that My Time is not offered on this sailing. Does that sound accurate? We've always done My Time on Royal each cruise since the concept was introduced, and never found it to be ship specific.

We're on that sailing and have late dining.  Come over to our roll call and ask if anyone there has MTD.  I've never heard of any ship not offering it since it was introduced.  We're also on the following 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean sailing so a b2b. 

1 hour ago, publicpersona said:

I tried doing a booking for your cruise. I was not able to choose MDT but I was able to get waitlisted for it.

On 2/17/2020 at 10:10 PM, Sunny AZ Girl said:

Thanks so much for posting this. We just booked one of these rooms for a last minute cruise. We are so excited. 

• Like 1