Got moved to a mini suite, good or bad?

Hi. We got moved from a midship balcony to a mini suite on our Jewel cruise in May. My PCC did it after final payment since the price went down and she couldn't give us a refund. The thing is, it was the last mini suite available so she switched it before she talked to us. She said she did it for she wouldn't lose it before she had a chance to ask us.

Sorry this is so long but my question is - The mini suite is on deck 11 under the Italian restaurant. Cabin 11634. Is this a good move? I know it does not have the suite perks, not worried about that, just wondering if I should be excited or nervous about the move.

This will be our first cruise as Platinum, we are excited about that. Maybe we should be twice as excited? I can't decide.... :o

In my opinion the mini suites are much nicer rooms on the Jewel. I'm not sure about being under the restaurant, as I've had some bad experiences sailing under galleys (activity all night), but since they don't serve breakfast there I don't think you'll have much noise (fingers crossed). I liked being on 11 and only one flight of stairs from the buffet, etc.

Here's a Jewel mini

DSCN4707-vi.jpg

DSCN4709-vi.jpg

DSCN4705-vi.jpg

DSCN4957-vi.jpg

We've had a mini on the Gem and loved it. Like a balcony but more spacious. You are going to have a great cruise! NCL treats platinum cruisers really well. You will love the specialty dinners, wine, and treats, not to mention the laundry.

Have a great cruise!

You should be happy in the Mini Suite, with the italian restaurant above. Unless you plan on going to bed very early, the dining room should clear out by then. Also, some overflow to the Great Outdoors and Garden Cafe might be mulling around up there for breakfast time (italian restaurant acts as overflow to Great Outdoors) but should be fairly light traffic area.

Enjoy your cruise!

I would take a mini-suite over a balcony any day. Especially for free! Larger room, tub in the bathroom, curtain separating bed and sitting area...

I wouldn't worry about being under La Cucina. It's carpeted and I've never read complaints of noise (unlike being under the pool deck).

I would take a mini-suite over a balcony any day. Especially for free! Larger room, tub in the bathroom, curtain separating bed and sitting area...

I wouldn't worry about being under La Cucina. It's carpeted and I've never read complaints of noise (unlike being under the pool deck).

I agree 100% take the upgrade and enjoy the larger cabin on the higher deck:D

Hi. We got moved from a midship balcony to a mini suite on our Jewel cruise in May. My PCC did it after final payment since the price went down and she couldn't give us a refund. The thing is, it was the last mini suite available so she switched it before she talked to us. She said she did it for she wouldn't lose it before she had a chance to ask us.

Sorry this is so long but my question is - The mini suite is on deck 11 under the Italian restaurant. Cabin 11634. Is this a good move? I know it does not have the suite perks, not worried about that, just wondering if I should be excited or nervous about the move.

This will be our first cruise as Platinum, we are excited about that. Maybe we should be twice as excited? I can't decide.... :o

I had cabin 11624 on the Jewel. The mini suite was very comfortable and quiet. I guess I was only a couple of rooms up (down?) the hall from where you will be, so I'm pretty sure you'll have a great time. Here's my video of the cabin:

I hope this helps!

For us a balcony is nice...but a mini is super nice...and all we book now. Mike's pics show one nicely. As mentioned, curtain around bed area, full size couch, tub, more storage, much bigger desk area, and the balcony itself is bigger. And...we were platinum on our last cruise. The bennies are excellent. Don't forget to sign up for the ship tour (free) if interested. You can't go wrong with the free upgrade to a mini.

Yippee!!!!

I have just found that the upgrade fairy has visited and given me a mini suite instead of my guaranteed balcony which I booked. I am thrilled since I only booked on Thursday and at the time they only had balcony cabins left. I paid for single occupancy but that night an obstructed OV became available for 250 pounds cheaper. A bit peeved but not so bad when the next morning back to balconies being lowest grade available. Was then assigned a mid ship balcony - so pleased at good GTY cabin. Now mini suite - result! I am so pleased to be on the ship since now seems to be locked down for cabins. I would never have been able to afford a single occupany mini suite at the regular rates so am

pleased!

Wow! that's a great video! Does this mean I won't have a shower curtain sticking to my butt? That may be the best part!

That is correct. However, if a butt-sticking shower curtain is your thingI'm sure you can take one with you ;)

Not so sure I am comfortable with someone changing my cabin without my permission first.

I have instructions with my TA that if NCL calls and offers me an upgrade to mini or any other suite to take it. I am booked on a BA balcony on Jewel so a Mini suite located any where is an upgrade I will take. Even a aft balcony is an upgrade.:D

Deck 11 of the Norwegian Jewel exclusively offers mini-suites, inside cabins, and ten Family Suites. Of the cabin decks, Deck 11 is most oriented for children! Travelers who enjoy Lido pools and casual dining may prefer a suite here, but this deck may not be ideal for light sleepers.Aft, there are several suites and staterooms located under the casual dining on Deck 12. These are 11622- 11636 port side, 11122- 11136 starboard, and all the inside cabins in this area of Deck 11 on the Norwegian Jewel.

There are seven mini-suites (11650- 11150) directly aft on Deck 11 of the Jewel which are also underneath the casual dining area. Travelers need to be aware of the fact that there could be noise as early as 7:00am, because this is a popular breakfast venue. After 11:00pm, there could be noise associated with staff cleaning. Generally, we do not think this will be a huge concern because most travelers on the Norwegian Jewel are usually not in there cabins during these times.

I always google best cabins on whatever ship I am going on. So I googled for the Jewel.. i usually like to book cabin between two decks of cabins only...(no public areas above us or below us) but my TA got us free upgrade on Pearl to mini suite & we are on Deck 11........The nice thing is we are under the library........should be quiet, huh??

Looks like your mini suite is under casual dining. BUT regardless...........i would go w/mini suite........bathrooms are so much nicer...........so I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Have a great cruise!!

The minis are nicer and larger more space etc.

I don't like the tub and the closet doors open to the bed which can be very tight.

we have had one under the italian kitchen generaly was very quiet allthough there was an anoying very intermintant noise, never got to the bottom of it, I think it was something moving but they never found it.

Deck 11 of the Norwegian Jewel exclusively offers mini-suites, inside cabins, and ten Family Suites. Of the cabin decks, Deck 11 is most oriented for children! Travelers who enjoy Lido pools and casual dining may prefer a suite here, but this deck may not be ideal for light sleepers.Aft, there are several suites and staterooms located under the casual dining on Deck 12. These are 11622- 11636 port side, 11122- 11136 starboard, and all the inside cabins in this area of Deck 11 on the Norwegian Jewel.

There are seven mini-suites (11650- 11150) directly aft on Deck 11 of the Jewel which are also underneath the casual dining area. Travelers need to be aware of the fact that there could be noise as early as 7:00am, because this is a popular breakfast venue. After 11:00pm, there could be noise associated with staff cleaning. Generally, we do not think this will be a huge concern because most travelers on the Norwegian Jewel are usually not in there cabins during these times.

I always google best cabins on whatever ship I am going on. So I googled for the Jewel.. i usually like to book cabin between two decks of cabins only...(no public areas above us or below us) but my TA got us free upgrade on Pearl to mini suite & we are on Deck 11........The nice thing is we are under the library........should be quiet, huh??

Looks like your mini suite is under casual dining. BUT regardless...........i would go w/mini suite........bathrooms are so much nicer...........so I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Have a great cruise!!

I try to book a cabin with cabins above and below also. I tried to google info also but didn't find this. Thanks for posting it!

Archived