Xciting Deals after booking. Any luck?

scf1270

Our upcoming cruise is going to be on this Tuesday's Xciting Deals for about 30% less than we paid when booking last month.

Has anyone had luck getting the lower price honored? Any info would be appreciated.

The deals are for new bookings only.

Some have tried canceling the first booking and starting a new booking. But of course any perks you had with the old booking are lost. And if you had a stateroom you really wanted, there's no guarantee that you would get it again if you cancel and then re-book.

If there is a stateroom category being offered that is just slightly more than what you paid, you may be able to upgrade for a fairly small amount of money.

Our upcoming cruise is going to be on this Tuesday's Xciting Deals for about 30% less than we paid when booking last month.

Has anyone had luck getting the lower price honored? Any info would be appreciated.

The cruiseline has to sell off the remaining rooms, which usually turn out to be less desirable, for a lesser price to fill up the ship and make a profit. That is what is great about the capitalistic system of our country. I cannot argue with that!! I have purchased staterooms that sell for less, later, category wise. However, they are not rooms I would want. Their locations are not desirable. Here comes the "blowback"........

You might do a search on this issue. There was thread about it awhile back. Many who do not have special needs like exact dates, cabins, or airfare have decided that last minute can be significantly lower because they were not able to get the last minute prices for their bookings.

If it's after final payment, Celebrity may let you change cabins but only if the new cabin costs more than you paid. They will not, however, refund you money or give you an OBC for the difference (although there are always exceptions and slip ups).

Prior to final payment, you may be able to cancel your booking and rebook another cabin....however, you might be better off (I have not tried) to book a second cabin on the ship on the tuesday special...and then once it's booked, cancel the first one. Yes, two deposits, but might be a way to get the lower price if the special is for new bookings only.

Did you get the 123 promo when you booked last month ?

Thanks for the replies -

We did get the 1-2-3 deal when booking four weeks ago, so it was full payment at that time. While aware that generally there are no exceptions after final payment and/or special promotions, I figured it can't hurt to check.

Last night the regular price dropped $279pp (not just the Tuesday special). This is a 2A cabin category price, not a GTY. So more than worth giving up the drinks package (for us) if we can get an adjustment.

Just spoke with our TA, he is calling their Celebrity desk at 10am and will see what/if he can do.

Remember when you could get price adjustments, cabin upgrades, and/or OBC WHENEVER the price dropped. Gosh, I miss the "good old days" :rolleyes: (3 years ago??)

Will report back soon. Either way IT'S ALMOST TIME TO PACK!!!!

Archived