Question about viewing "Cruise documents"

flgatormom29

Forgive me if this has been asked b4. I'm trying to view my cruise documents to see if my OBC has been applied. I'm clicking on "Print General Information" but when I do it from my phone is loads as a file but then says "sorry the page you're looking for could not be found".

When I do it from my computer it opens up a new tab but nothing loads...it's just blank.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to change some kind of setting on my internet?

Can someone please help me to figure this out?

Thanks in advance :)

Forgive me if this has been asked b4. I'm trying to view my cruise documents to see if my OBC has been applied. I'm clicking on "Print General Information" but when I do it from my phone is loads as a file but then says "sorry the page you're looking for could not be found".

When I do it from my computer it opens up a new tab but nothing loads...it's just blank.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to change some kind of setting on my internet?

Can someone please help me to figure this out?

Thanks in advance :)

I was having trouble with mine opening yesterday while using Firefox, so I switched to Internet Explorer, and it opened just fine. The file loads as a PDF (Adobe) file, so you'd have to have that installed on your computer (which you probably already do). Don't know about the phone--I've never tried to open a PDF with my phone. This morning, it's working fine with Firefox, so sometimes it's just glitchy. Try a different browser or just give it a little while and try again--although I know how hard it is to be patient when you're checking for that OBC ;)

Had the same issue. I found out my Firefox browser was the cause. It upgraded to version 19 which includes it's own PDF viewer which apparently isn't compatible with Carnival docs.

I changed my settings in options/applications for the viewer and everything is working well now.

I am having the same problem, it seems carnival doesn't like Firefox, internet explorer works fine for me I just hate IE

I know they are having trouble with their servers, hopefully they will get it fixed soon

scrat

I am having the same problem, it seems carnival doesn't like Firefox, internet explorer works fine for me I just hate IE

I know they are having trouble with their servers, hopefully they will get it fixed soon

scrat

Weird that you all are having the same issue, yet i'm using IE and it isn't working! It hasn't been working for awhile now..... Not sure what's going on!

Weird that you all are having the same issue, yet i'm using IE and it isn't working! It hasn't been working for awhile now..... Not sure what's going on!

Open up internet explorer

At the top right of your monitor is the red X (for closeing the program)

underneather the red X is a small blue thing that looks like a gear.

Hover your mouse pointer over it and it should say tools..

click on that gear and a window open,,,, click on "Internet Options"

A box will open on the left,,,

see where it says "Browsing History" click on delete

another window will pop up

make sure there is a check mark in the boxes for "Temporary Internet Files" and for "Cookies", Uncheck anything else

Then click delete

When its finished, shut down your computer,, wait a minute,, bring it back up and it should work.

What have you just done???

You have deleted unwanted temporary files and what programmers call cookies in your computer. This should be done once a quarter to make your computer work better.

Kind of like back when you were in school. After final exam, you dumped all that unwanted memory of that class from your brain. :D

If you're using Internet Explorer and it's not working, look at the icons near the address bar. You should have one that looks like a piece of paper torn in half horizontally. If you click that icon, it should fix the problem...

[Please don't ask me what the problem is, or why/how this icon fixes it. I have no idea, I just know that I tried it and it worked! :D ]

Thank you everyone that was having the same problems...

I thought I was doing something wrong...

I waited for a teenager in my house to wake up.... told him about whatever a "firefox" and an "explorer" was... he rolled his eyes... mumble something about old people and computers.... clicked sum buttons... and VOILA!!!! it works!!!!

For the moment... kids rock!! LOL

I am using explorer and am having this problem too. When I click on view cruise documents the screen turns blue and says I need a pdf reader to view. I have adobe reader.... I called Carnival and was advised to complete my online check-in and then I should be able to view documents. I haven't checked in yet, but wondered if, indeed, this was my problem. Any advice?:confused:

Thanks in advance.:)

No half torn paper icon. Windows 8.

I noticed in the newer/updated google chrome and firefox 19 with the native builtin pdf viewer that it will not display the cruise docs. shows an error message that the pdf file is not right/corrupt or something like that

I noticed in the newer/updated google chrome and firefox 19 with the native builtin pdf viewer that it will not display the cruise docs. shows an error message that the pdf file is not right/corrupt or something like that

Easy fix for Firefox 19 issue - Tools, options, applications, portable doc format - select your current PDF viewer in the drop down box - then save.

Thank you everyone that was having the same problems...

I thought I was doing something wrong...

I waited for a teenager in my house to wake up.... told him about whatever a "firefox" and an "explorer" was... he rolled his eyes... mumble something about old people and computers.... clicked sum buttons... and VOILA!!!! it works!!!!

For the moment... kids rock!! LOL

Now that was funny.

Archived