H.a.l

Some reading over on the HAL board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171

will give you lots of info. "Being on par" with other cruise lines is a matter of personal, and if you ask a lot of people, you will get lots of different opinions. If you want rock walls and ice skating shows, you will be disappointed with HAL.

Hi we have only sailed with p&o and rci, and where wondering about the

HAL ships , are they on a par with p&o and rci, or better all opinions would be greatfuly receiced

I have cruised RCI a lot and took my first HAL cruise last year on the Nieuw Amsterdam. I'm not sure what you are asking with regard to the ships. In terms of cleanliness and upkeep, I found the ship to be right on par. In fact, I thought my stateroom, a Superior Suite, was much nicer than a RCI Junior Suite. The bathroom was far nicer.

On the other hand, amenities and activities don't even come close to RCI. HAL is definitely geared toward an older crowd. The ship was very pretty and had a classic feel to it, but lacked the energy of RCI and was dead by 10:00.

I love HAL and would prefer them to any other line. I am in my early 40s (on the ships in my 30s) and find the food excellence, the service incredible and I can go at my own pace. My daughter was 10 and under for the two cruises she went on and she loved them, including the kids club. Half Moon Cay is beautiful (loved the kayaking). The ships are smaller, which I like a lot.

I only have RCI to compare this to. I'm heading on NCL this summer and keeping my fingers crossed.

Archived