Opinions re upsell offer, please

BlueLadyBlue

I think we may already have missed out because the e-mail was sent yesterday morning but we were offered an upsell from an aft balcony to a SF penthouse which I think is an aft penthouse. It said $720. total so am I correct in assuming that is a total of $720. for the two of us and not $720. X 2??

We are pretty ordinary people not sure what we would do with a butler or the concierge that would be worth the extra $$. Not into late night snacks etc. but breakfast and lunch at Cagney's sounds lovely.

Just wondering what you more seasoned NCL cruisers think of the offer. FYI - this is our first NCL cruise and it is during spring break.

TIA:confused:

My guess is that the opportunity has come and gone on the up sell offer. They usually start contacting booked passengers one at a time until they get all the up sells sold. If the $720 was total for both of you it was a good deal.

Agree with Mike. The $720 would almost pay my bar bill.

I was thinking my DSC, shore excursion and/or a nice Tissot watch that would survive long past the 7 days on the ship :)

Besides, it's not juts $720. You also probably will add $100 in tips to the butler and concierge

Thanks for the quick response. I do think it is probably too late and someone else has taken the offer. We were thinking along the same lines that the $720: would cover our DSC and our bar bill but everyone raves about the suite life so it was tempting.

Thanks again.

I was thinking my DSC, shore excursion and/or a nice Tissot watch that would survive long past the 7 days on the ship :)

Besides, it's not juts $720. You also probably will add $100 in tips to the butler and concierge

You're absolutely right to factor the extra tips in as well, and I don't think I am an over-tipper by any means and between butler concierge and cabin steward, not to mention the waitstaff at Cagneys for breakfast and lunch everyday it costs my DH and I about $350 or more for 7 days. You can certainly do a lot with $1000 and yes a nice watch is a great example. With that said we do love booking suites and our last 3 sailings were suites but have scaled back to an inside on The Breakaway this Summer and really have no issues with this choice at all.

You're absolutely right to factor the extra tips in as well, and I don't think I am an over-tipper by any means and between butler concierge and cabin steward, not to mention the waitstaff at Cagneys for breakfast and lunch everyday it costs my DH and I about $350 or more for 7 days. You can certainly do a lot with $1000 and yes a nice watch is a great example. With that said we do love booking suites and our last 3 sailings were suites but have scaled back to an inside on The Breakaway this Summer and really have no issues with this choice at all.

Thank you, I'm sure we'll be quite happy with our aft and we're saving for our next cruise.

get on-line check what is available and the prices

make an offer if you think it is too much or want a different cabin.

How can anyone say if the amount is worth it without knowing the cruise and No of days.

The OP signature shows she is on the Star which departs from NO leaving 3/10 which is for 7 days.

not a good idea to asume peopelhave sigs set to on.

sensible people don't bother it clutters the thrads.

Without knowing what people paid you can have no idea if the deal is a good one.

Aft balconies went for $1129pp the SF low price was $1599pp so $750 was not much of a discount if the OP paid more than $1129 then even less of a deal

they put the SF price up to $1900 on the 1st to make the upell deals look better.

OP could still ask if they can have the GV for money that it is available

I am on the Star leaving 1 week prior to OP, in other words, tomorrow. We received the same offer, aft to FS, but it was 520 total for the two of us. I would rather have my aft balcony so we passed too.

Shows youth degree of flexibility in the pricing and difference from week to week. BTW, our call was four days ago and this morning the FS was still unsold.

Hi BlueLady: We had a similar offer when we sailed on the Star on Sept 30th. We were originally booked in #10230 an aft facing balcony. The Thursday before we sailed on Sunday we got the upsell call and had to make the decision right there and then. We were offered an aft facing penthouse suite #9232 for $500 for the two of us. My DH took the offer and it was a great experience. We didn't use the butler very often and never used the conceirge. I don't get out and about early enough for the breakfast at Cagney's, although DH took advantage of that perk. The special VIP parties and gatherings were fun. Even though we loved our penthouse suite, experience, I still would be happy with my aft facing balcony cabin. Enjoy your cruise and don't worry about the could have been suite factor. :)

not a good idea to asume peopelhave sigs set to on.

sensible people don't bother it clutters the thrads.

Without knowing what people paid you can have no idea if the deal is a good one.

Aft balconies went for $1129pp the SF low price was $1599pp so $750 was not much of a discount if the OP paid more than $1129 then even less of a deal

they put the SF price up to $1900 on the 1st to make the upell deals look better.

OP could still ask if they can have the GV for money that it is available

Sensible people? Well "Superior" person, thanks for the tip. I didn't know you could turn the sigs off. Live and learn.

I was pretty sure the offer was already passed when I posted but I was curious as to what others thought about it.

Thanks to all for your opinions and thoughts.

One week to go and we'll be cruising down the Missisippi, yeah. Happy dance.

We took an upsell from aft mini to SF for $300 total for two on a 7 day. It was worth it to me because I hate the buffet and loved Cagneys for breakfast and lunch.

I also liked priority embarkation, the bottle of wine, 2 cocktail parties (one in the Haven) and priority tenders. The cabin and bathroom were large.

We did not use the concierges at all. They concentrated on the forward suites. We did not tip them. We did not use the butlers much either, so their tips were small.These tips were offset by the fact that we never had the same waiters, so we did not give them extra as we usually do. We did give extra to the stewards.

We took an upsell from aft mini to SF for $300 total for two on a 7 day. It was worth it to me because I hate the buffet and loved Cagneys for breakfast and lunch.

I also liked priority embarkation, the bottle of wine, 2 cocktail parties (one in the Haven) and priority tenders. The cabin and bathroom were large.

We did not use the concierges at all. They concentrated on the forward suites. We did not tip them. We did not use the butlers much either, so their tips were small.These tips were offset by the fact that we never had the same waiters, so we did not give them extra as we usually do. We did give extra to the stewards.

I don't blame you, for $150 more PP I would do it without thinking. My problem would be I might never be happy again with just a balcony cabin. The first time I sailed in a balcony was the result of a free upgrade on CCL from OV to the balcony and haven't had a minimum of anything but a balcony since

Archived