Celebrity Silhouette

btfdcruisers

great to hear your positive thoughts...we sail april 7th for our first celebrity cruise...(HAL regulars looking for something different). we will be celebrating our 45 wedding anniversary on board...

We will be on Silhouette soon. A few questions.

No one has mentioned if there is a strings group as there has been on other Celebrity ships. Anyone know?

Also, escargot in the MDR daily??

If you tried the Porch, did you like it? Is it open on embarkation day for lunch?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am currently on the Silhoutte and yes, the Porch was open for lunch when we arrived on board. We have been there twice this cruise and found it to be great. The service and food overall has been the best we have experienced in many years.

Will write a full review when we get home.

Paula

No one has mentioned if there is a strings group as there has been on other Celebrity ships. Anyone know?

If you tried the Porch, did you like it? Is it open on embarkation day for lunch?

Thanks in advance

The Porch is great for lunch on embarkation day. I do not know about escargot. However, I did read that celebrity did take it off the daily dinner menu in the MDR.

We sailed on the Silhouette on her first TA and will be sailing again in July of 2013.

We when we did the TA there was a string group which play on the 5th deck for tea about 4 some afternoon and also in the middle of the ship on some evenings.

sailnjmom49

This is the cruise I am going on in 8 days... I am so utterly excited! Everything about it seems "us", and I am going to enjoy every second of it! I already am dreading it ending!

8 days? You must be on our 3/17 cruise. Come over and join the roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1630229

We're in AQ, too. First time so I'm really looking forward to Blu and the Persian Garden :)

Oh cool! I am sure we will run into each other then! What room are you in? we were initially given a "better room that was at some part of the boat, but then my husband decided he wanted to be closer to things so he moved to some part that isn't supposed to be as good because it's below the pool?

Such a great post! I , too, had been reading some posts that had me nervous about the level of service/food on Celebrity. Been a few years since I've sailed Celebrity, but this will be my 7th cruise with them and I am now very excited again after your post.

Celebrity has always been a notch up for me compared to others I've sailed. (this will be my 22nd cruise in total) Really looking forward to The Silhouette Apr. 7.

TMWOOD, we have a wonderful roll call for this sailing:)

Please come over and say hello:)...here is a link to it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1542799

Hi Lois:

You will be getting off the Silhouette as we get on. Have a great cruise!

Ohhh....you are going on the TA crossing? You have a great cruise too:D

Ohhh....you are going on the TA crossing? You have a great cruise too:D

Yes, this is our first TA, and we are SO looking forward to it.

The Silhouette is a great ship...we were on her last June and simply loved everything about her.

Oddly, both DH and I thought there was a bar on the aft deck behind the Oceanview Cafe, but recent cruisers say not. This will be my first Celebrity cruise with no Oceanview bar on the aft deck.

Oceanview%20Bar-L.png

The Silhouette is a great ship...we were on her last June and simply loved everything about her.

Oddly, both DH and I thought there was a bar on the aft deck behind the Oceanview Cafe, but recent cruisers say not. This will be my first Celebrity cruise with no Oceanview bar on the aft deck.

Oceanview%20Bar-L.png

I am so confused:eek:...I was on REFLECTION and there is a bar

AFT but not the same as that picture....so Silhouette and Reflection

are the 2 changed bars......That picture? Which ship is it?

I know when I was sitting outside I realized that they did change

it.....

I am so confused:eek:...I was on REFLECTION and there is a bar

AFT but not the same as that picture....so Silhouette and Reflection

are the 2 changed bars......That picture? Which ship is it?

I know when I was sitting outside I realized that they did change

it.....

That's the Reflection bar. SIL is in the same configuration as the other S class ships. I'll be on SIL again on March 10th.

That bar is definitely not on Reflection. The only aft bar was the fabulous Sunset Bar, one deck above the expanded outside seating area of the Oceanview Cafe. .

You are correct and I am corrected.

That's the Reflection bar. SIL is in the same configuration as the other S class ships. I'll be on SIL again on March 10th.

Oceanview%20Bar-L.png

I'm confused and may definitely be losing my marbles. I do not remember seeing a bar at the end of the Ocenview Cafe on Silhouette. I thought my husband and I even mentioned to each other that they had eliminated it?? I'm wondering if it is possible that no one was ever at it--so we missed it??We would eat our lunch outside daily--and never had problems finding a table.

Perhaps the problem is that I don't drink at lunch time?:rolleyes:

Edited to add--The Celebrity deck plans do not show an Oceanview bar on either the Reflection or Silhouette--I think I am going to stick with my belief (at least for a while) that I am not losing my marbles and there was no Oceanview bar on Silhouette

You are sailing tomorrow?:D...Have a good time!:)....if you can

do me a big favor? See if Tanushka is still on board (CC hostess)

and if you can find out if she will be on board next month I would

be very greatful:).....I have not seen her in a long, long time

and it would be so nice to meet up with her again!

OK...there is an AFT bar on Reflection.....it is upstairs though...its own

version of The Sunset Bar......definitely different than the other ships.

Oh cool! I am sure we will run into each other then! What room are you in? we were initially given a "better room that was at some part of the boat, but then my husband decided he wanted to be closer to things so he moved to some part that isn't supposed to be as good because it's below the pool?

We're in 1504, which is right underneath the treadmills :(. That's okay, if they wake me up I'll just walk two doors down the the Relaxation Lounge and go back to sleep. :D

I'm confused and may definitely be losing my marbles. I do not remember seeing a bar at the end of the Ocenview Cafe on Silhouette. I thought my husband and I even mentioned to each other that they had eliminated it?? I'm wondering if it is possible that no one was ever at it--so we missed it??We would eat our lunch outside daily--and never had problems finding a table.

Perhaps the problem is that I don't drink at lunch time?:rolleyes:

Edited to add--The Celebrity deck plans do not show an Oceanview bar on either the Reflection or Silhouette--I think I am going to stick with my belief (at least for a while) that I am not losing my marbles and there was no Oceanview bar on Silhouette

The Sunset bar is there. At least just above. I had a few drinks there last week.

Thanks in advance

Just off today. I did not encounter any strings groups. Plenty of other solid musical offerings though. We went to Bistro on Five on embarkation day. Great crepe and cold soup. Porch was very good as well. Enjoy your cruise. We loved the Silhouette. Best cruise ship we have been on.

Archived