Help! Online check in for son - use my account?

Assuming your son is an adult, he should probably have his own registration on the Royal Caribbean web site.

That said, is he sailing with you (in the same booking)? If so, then you could check him in with you without much difficulty.

He's 22 and sailing with his cousin and some friends. None of them have ever cruised before so I'm trying to help them with what to do. Yeah, it'd probably be much easier to have him set up his own account.

The one usual barrier that would prevent you from checking in for him is that it's not your name on the reservation. However, I think they only check the last name, so you could probably pull it up.

I'd worry, though, that there'd be some sort of restriction in the checkin process that would default to filling in your name in the demographic section. I don't think there is anything like that, but I'd rather be safer and have him do it with his own web site account.

On the RCL Web Site, under the heading, Before You Cruise, there is a listing for Online Check in. You would need to put in his last name, Booking number if he has his own separate number, date of sail and ship, then you will go into his booking and can do his Set Sail, otherwise, he could register with RCL and do his own. I did one for our daughter who was sailing with us, before she moved in with DH's sister but because I had my SIL's booking # I could access their Reserv and double check the daughters information and SIL's. I had instructed them both on how to fill it out but still doubled checked everything, since one of the cruises was a b2b

I ended up having him set up his own. I wasn't sure how it would pull up because there were 3 other guys on the reservation but they were each able to have to input their own information so it's all good - they sail Friday! Nothing like waiting til the last minute.

If I have all the necessary information I fill ours out as soon as possible, then it is done. You can always go back and edit anything. I will switch credit cards once paid off. If you are filling out information for members of your group, all you need are their Passport Information, booking numbers and all other required information. As mentioned earlier when the daughter was rooming with us she gave me her information and I took care of her information on the Online check in. When she moved over to DH sisters room, I was told hers wouldn't need to be done again, but she went in and filled out hers using DH's sisters booking number.

Archived