Picture-A-Week 2013 - Week 10

pierces

Since I didn't take any pictures this week, I thought I'd post the project I did with my photos. I had this slate tile top table and wanted to do something a little different with it. Since it costs $27 per tile to have photo tiles made - I tried a diy project. I think it's awesome!

DSC09699_zps7e1b924e.jpg

DSC09698_zps34c50428.jpg

And,yes, I took all the pictures, except for the one of us in the Alps with the snowboards.

Vic

Since I didn't take any pictures this week, I thought I'd post the project I did with my photos. I had this slate tile top table and wanted to do something a little different with it. Since it costs $27 per tile to have photo tiles made - I tried a diy project. I think it's awesome!

DSC09699_zps7e1b924e.jpg

DSC09698_zps34c50428.jpg

And,yes, I took all the pictures, except for the one of us in the Alps with the snowboards.

Vic

That's cool. How did you do it?

DSC09699_zps7e1b924e.jpg

DSC09698_zps34c50428.jpg

Vic

Your table is ablsolutely beautiful -- you did a great job.

I love the character sitting on the chair staring at you taking a picture.

It does look like a house from Colonial Williamburg.

It has been years since we were there.

No, it isn't Williamsburg. Most of the houses there are brick or wood. There's not much natural stone there for building. We live close by and visit often and take LOTS of pictures.

That's cool. How did you do it?

Sorry Sparky, I just saw the question. It was pretty easy since I already had the table. You just use Mod-Podge (or is it modge-podge?) You can put them on any tile, all of mine were slate, but I want to try ceramic next and see if I like the smoother finish. I also printed all the pictures out on regular paper, it is lighter and adheres well. I'm also going to try using photo paper and see how that works. I found the method by searching the internet for diy photo-tiles.

Vic

Sorry Sparky, I just saw the question. It was pretty easy since I already had the table. You just use Mod-Podge (or is it modge-podge?) You can put them on any tile, all of mine were slate, but I want to try ceramic next and see if I like the smoother finish. I also printed all the pictures out on regular paper, it is lighter and adheres well. I'm also going to try using photo paper and see how that works. I found the method by searching the internet for diy photo-tiles.

Vic

Cool, thanks. I remember mod-podge. I have a wood coffee table and could do something like that just on the table top. Have to think about that. :)

Archived