Will we be denied boarding?

Hey all.. leaving Thursday on the Liberty of the Seas

My girlfriends' passport expires in mid-May. However, she was told by a friend that even though it's still valid now, she won't get on the ship bc its less than 6 months from expiration. False, righT?

You will probably be okay especially if you are on a closed loop tour leaving from a US port.

Just google "passport expiring within 6 months" and you will come up with a list of countries that require you to have a valid passport that expires more than 6 months from entry.

I'm not sure where your cruise is going but the Caribbean countries aren't part of the list.

Hey all.. leaving Thursday on the Liberty of the Seas

My girlfriends' passport expires in mid-May. However, she was told by a friend that even though it's still valid now, she won't get on the ship bc its less than 6 months from expiration. False, righT?

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1254559

Some help here !

thanks! yeah we are just doing the 4-day to Cozumel.

I knew she'd be ok, bc 2 years ago I did the same cruise on the Navigator and my passport expired the day AFTER we disembarked! Not saying I should have done that :rolleyes: but if I was ok, I'm sure she would be too!

There shouldn't be any problem at all. A passport isn't even required for your cruise, so one that's valid but expiring soon is certainly acceptable. (My daughter's passport will be expiring 3 weeks after we return from our next cruise - we are not worried, and we'll renew it after we get back home, not before.)

The 6 month rule is for extended visits to certain countries, most of which are not ports of call on typical Caribbean cruises.

I did the same thing on a Carnival Cruise last year. Cruise left on March 26, passport was expiring June 2012. No problems. I also brought my birth certificate just in case, but never took it out.

Applied for my new passport a few days after I got home, and I'll be using that to head out on the Liberty of the Seas March 25th!

Archived