waiters that entertain while serving

On our last cruise, our head waiter was very friendly, helpful, and quite informative. We really like him. He however readily admitted that he hated the whole song and dance thing. He said most of the staff did because it just made their incredibly busy job more difficult. I felt bad for all of them.

It is disturbing that so many people do not like to see anyone having fun on a cruise. The waiters truly seem to enjoy doing their tricks and dances to make people smile, but some passengers try to squash the enjoyment of others by complaining.

Some like it but quite a few dont. They work very hard to do their job and I for one question why they need to work even harder to do this.

They do have professional entertainment for us to enjoy.

BTW just because people dont care for it doesnt really mean we try to squash others enjoyment.

We've always enjoyed it. On our B2B in January, our waitstaff really enjoyed participating in it.

We were at a table for 2 so we were done eating before the 10-top tables. However, our waitstaff would tell us if there was going to be entertainment so we would stick around for it.

Granted I've only been on 1 cruise but I kinda liked it, it would have been different if they looked like they were being forced to do it but they weren't.....it's a fun cruise, aren't the staff allowed to have fun too? let's not all be boring so and so's :p

WE LOVE IT!!! We really enjoy this. You get to see a very shy or reserved person really open up during the show. We did HAL a few years ago and diner was BORING. We don't go to many shows and I have to say these guys are better than the shows in many cases.

Love it. Waiters have confessed to me that they hate it ("I am waiter or I am clown?") but they look like they like it... sometimes... but I love it, the kids love it, everyone claps. Love.

It was cute the first few times but now rather boring and very disruptive to service.

They give them more customers to serve and than take away about 10 minutes.

Since you admit that you thought it was cute the first few times, couldn't you overlook it now so that the many first timers on your cruise can get the same enjoyment? It takes a relatively short amount of time and gives newby cruisers something that they obviously enjoy.

On our last cruise, our head waiter was very friendly, helpful, and quite informative. We really like him. He however readily admitted that he hated the whole song and dance thing. He said most of the staff did because it just made their incredibly busy job more difficult. I felt bad for all of them.

We were told the exact opposite over on FaceBook.

But I think I would enjoy it, granted our servers were efficient they were very "stuffy".

I bet these people that don't enjoy it wouldn't enjoy mariarchi band at a mexican restaurant or the servers at texas roadhouse doing their little dance,

but oh well to each their own, I hope they do it on my next cruise :):cool:

For those of you that don't like the pre-dessert entertainment (& don't want to skip dessert just to skip the show) did you know that you can request of your waiters to have your dessert ordered and served without having to wait on the completion of the act. That's what my aunts did last May, they simply told our head waiter the first night that though they enjoy the food and their services they had no desire to stay for the show and wanted dessert served before the festivities began. Granted we had only family at our table, arrived early, and ordered the starters & main meal promptly, but the rest of us that wanted to stay did and afterwards either lingered over a second cup of coffee or left while most other guests just started on dessert.

Personally I enjoy the little shows, but after 3 cruises w/ set dinning (out of 4 Carnival cruises) the restaurant skits are getting a little repetitive. So a little white lie may slip out some nights that I have a spa appointment or activity to attend and want dinner & dessert served before the show begins on my upcoming cruise.

I do believe that the waiters can like it or hate it. A large part of that depends on us - the cruisers. Passengers that show their dislike only make the whole thing worse for the waiters. If you join in with them I think it makes it better for them. We enjoy it and join in on the dances. Our waiters seem to enjoy it more when we show a little life instead of being grumpy.

Sharon

I bet these people that don't enjoy it wouldn't enjoy mariarchi band at a mexican restaurant or the servers at texas roadhouse doing their little dance,

Me, being "those people" want to tell you that you'd be right on both counts.

I do believe that the waiters can like it or hate it. A large part of that depends on us - the cruisers. Passengers that show their dislike only make the whole thing worse for the waiters. If you join in with them I think it makes it better for them. We enjoy it and join in on the dances. Our waiters seem to enjoy it more when we show a little life instead of being grumpy.

Sharon

I'm sure you are right about this, I'm also sure it'd be true of any show.

I don't show "dislike", nor am I "grumpy" about it, but I also will not be dancing with them.

I can tolerate it, as it really doesn't last that long.

Sharon

Passenger's attitude is contagious in many areas. It's hard to try to please indifference, and harder for intolerance. But they still try.

One of many areas where the crew shined on Triumph - they won over many under adverse conditions.

Since you admit that you thought it was cute the first few times, couldn't you overlook it now so that the many first timers on your cruise can get the same enjoyment? It takes a relatively short amount of time and gives newby cruisers something that they obviously enjoy.

We just sit there and watch and occasionally will get up and dance with them. Not going to ask them to stop.

Or if there is a comedy show at 7 30 sneak out before.

It was cute the first few times but now rather boring and very disruptive to service.

They give them more customers to serve and than take away about 10 minutes.

On our last cruise that waiter had way too many tables..hurry up and give up dessert so he can hurry up and dance.

I think they should do away with it-- or give the waiters less tables.

On our last cruise that waiter had way too many tables..hurry up and give up dessert so he can hurry up and dance.

I think they should do away with it-- or give the waiters less tables.

Since Carnival is mostly about first timers they will not stop it so we just have to deal with it.

Strange how people are annoyed that veteran cruisers dont like it.

Archived