waiters that entertain while serving

It's always been nice watching the staff doing the FUN things doing normal service. Watching them do the old Cherries Jubilee and Baked Alaska had me running for the camera and video recorders.

Such great fun, it was enjoyable seeing them roll it out over multiple nights, and topped off the evening meal with those festivities.

5 minutes of watching the smiles from both the staff and the guests.

I don't care for it. Not the entertainment itself, but these people work like dogs to serve us and then they expect them to entertain us as well. I think it's demeaning to the wait staff. As if they don't have enough to do. And it comes toward the end of the dining time when they are probably jsut wishing everyone would leave so they can either clean up for the next seating or clean up and get out of there for a few hours of rest and personal time before they have to start in on their next task.

i have seen some posts about waiters or servers do a little dancing or a little more than just serve, in my opinion that would be great and fun what do others think

I find them very annoying, but that's just my opinion.

kucaveman.jpg

It's really dumb. Waiters and waitresses with fruit and drinks on their heads, parading around the dining room in a conga line, while other waiters dancing on tables to rap songs.

i think that would be fun, it was like we were hurried in, eat and get out

I think its tacky and annoying. Most of the times you have to wait for your dirty dishes to be taken off your table because they are "busy getting ready or doing their act", and 100% of the time your waiting for it to end just sitting there hoping it get over real fast so they can take your dessert order.

Its like having a circuis in between eating your meal.

I have no opinion either way. I wouldn't miss the song and dance routine if it went away. The food is the star of the MDR. I will say that the assistant waiter on my June cruise on valor had a different, clean joke for my kids each night and a magic trick. That entertainment which engages my kids and makes them want to go to the MDR each night is special.

Similar to MrPete, I did like the presentation of the baked alaska in years gone by. A great way to wrap up a formal night by dimming the lights and the still flaming baked alaska paraded around the MDR. That was quite a presentation.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

I think its tacky and annoying. Most of the times you have to wait for your dirty dishes to be taken off your table because they are "busy getting ready or doing their act", and 100% of the time your waiting for it to end just sitting there hoping it get over real fast so they can take your dessert order.

Its like having a circuis in between eating your meal.

I respect your first sentence that you didn't like it to much but rest is rubbish, it's all over in a few minutes.

It was cute the first few times but now rather boring and very disruptive to service.

They give them more customers to serve and than take away about 10 minutes.

On the Breeze it was 3 minutes at the most, no where near 10

Its tacky, stupid and low-class. It interrupts an otherwise lovely meal.The music is poorly recorded and blasted at ear-splitting levels. Much of the crew looks pained to have to participate. And oh yeah, they've been using the same dumb songs for years. We love to have fun (who doesn't?) but this is not even remotely my idea of fun.

Archived