Labadee - Beach Cabanas at Nellie's Beach

beachgirls806

We will be cruising on the Oasis of the Seas September 14, 2013 and stopping at Labadee. We are considering renting a cabana at Nellie's Beach but not sure if everyone in the group must pay or if just one person can pay? Can anyone explain how this works? and is it worth the money? Thank-you for your help!

You book the cabin under one persons reservation so you only pay once. Then you are allowed to bring additional guests which do not have to be identified until your cruise. Can't say if it is worth it as we have our first reserved on our upcoming cruise.

Pay only on one name. The cabanas can hold 6 persons and has their own personal attendant. U get a cooler with 4 bottle waters and ur buffet is with suite members on barefoot beach. I had over the water cabana on nellies beach. Very expensive but worth it cause 2 boats was in port. Bring bug spray/mosquito cause its near water and trees. U also get floating mats and if u get lucky the attendant will get u snorkel stuff. Mine was great. Tipped him very well. He even walks with u to the buffet and get u transportation anywhere u want to go. Ur very pampered and relaxed!! Enjoy.

If u r in a suite then u have access to barefoot beach which is for suites guest only. U can rent cabanas on nellies beach and have access to the buffet in barefoot beach. U will get a wrist band. It shows u rented a cabana. No sodas or alcohol included. Just the bottle waters. Ur attendant will get orders for u with ur sea pass card. Laboozies r great!! At first I thought it was expensive but after a GREAT day.....it was worth it. Whatever u need ur personal attendant will get for U!!! Have fun.

Hi! Just got back and it was so worth it! We loved having a cabana to relax in and I made sure I was the first person off the ship so that I could get the one I wanted :p The ladder into the ocean was so surreal and the floating mats, towels, bottled water and transportation was great! The suite guest buffet was much better for all the carnivores in my group but as a veggie I didn't have a ton offered. Our cabana attendant, Guy, was really nice and gracious. I have tons of pictures I'll post when I get home. :) For $250 split between 5 of us it was worth it! I paid before we left on my Amex and everyone else wrote me a check for their portion. So I got the Amex points too lol ;)

Hi! Just got back and it was so worth it! We loved having a cabana to relax in and I made sure I was the first person off the ship so that I could get the one I wanted :p The ladder into the ocean was so surreal and the floating mats, towels, bottled water and transportation was great! The suite guest buffet was much better for all the carnivores in my group but as a veggie I didn't have a ton offered. Our cabana attendant, Guy, was really nice and gracious. I have tons of pictures I'll post when I get home. :) For $250 split between 5 of us it was worth it! I paid before we left on my Amex and everyone else wrote me a check for their portion. So I got the Amex points too lol ;)

So, did they let you pick which one you wanted? I've heard they are pre-assigned even though you don't know which you have until you get there. Is that not the case?

There will be just the two of us so I'm having a hard time justifing the cost of renting a cabana.

This will be our first trip here so not sure what to do....:confused:

Edited by relic937

Since your are a suite guest, I would suggest that you contact the concierge for your ship. He will take care of reserving it for you. The suite guests usually get their cabanas on Barefoot Beach, as long as there are some available. If none are left, you can reserve one on Nellie's beach on the excursion section of your reservation. Barefoot Beach a private beach that is reserved for suite guests. The Buffet is located on Barefoot Beach. It is called an "enhanced buffet." It is picnic food but has shrimp kabobs and steak above the regular buffet. With the cabana, you will get a cooler with three large bottles of water on ice, swim matts, snorkling equipment, a cabana attendant who will get other drinks for you, the upgraded buffet, and a private beach area that is only used by suite guests. All of the six people do not have to be suite guests if you are traveling with non-suite guests. You reserve the cabana in one person's name and leave a list of the names of your guests with the cabana check-in attendant. I hope that answers your questions.

So let me make sure I understand it's $250.00 per Cabana for up to 6 people in Labadee? And do I book it ahead of time with RCCL? And it is the same buffet? We will be suite guests so if we book a cabana what do we get?

Thank you!!!

Since your are a suite guest, I would suggest that you contact the concierge for your ship. He will take care of reserving it for you. The suite guests usually get their cabanas on Barefoot Beach, as long as there are some available. If none are left, you can reserve one on Nellie's beach on the excursion section of your reservation. Barefoot Beach a private beach that is reserved for suite guests. The Buffet is located on Barefoot Beach. It is called an "enhanced buffet." It is picnic food but has shrimp kabobs and steak above the regular buffet. With the cabana, you will get a cooler with three large bottles of water on ice, swim matts, snorkling equipment, a cabana attendant who will get other drinks for you, the upgraded buffet, and a private beach area that is only used by suite guests. All of the six people do not have to be suite guests if you are traveling with non-suite guests. You reserve the cabana in one person's name and leave a list of the names of your guests with the cabana check-in attendant. I hope that answers your questions.

Caveat before I begin, I have never had a suite before, but relaying information I have read here on CC.

If you are in a suite, yes you can contact the concierge to get a cabana on Barefoot Beach, however you will probably not know if you have one until a few weeks before the cruise. The cabanas on Nellie's Beach (non suite) do book up real fast. I am sailing in June and was able to book an over the water in December. As of mid January they are all gone.

My recommendation would be to book a cabana on Nellie's (if there are any left for your sailing), then contact the concierge. If you get one on Barefoot cancel the Nellie's one. There are always people looking for cabanas and I am sure someone will snap it up. If you cannot get a suite cabana, you still set.

There will be just the two of us so I'm having a hard time justifing the cost of renting a cabana.

This will be our first trip here so not sure what to do....:confused:

Couldn't stand it after seeing all the great comments. Just Booked an over the water for us in November!!!!!!!

Decided we are going on a trip of a lifetime and this will only make it better!!!!

I am a suite guest and I have sent out an email to the concierge on the Explorer, waiting to hear back from them. But as far as booking it on line with RCCL, it says check on board, it won't let me click the box to make a reservation. Anyone seen this before?

That is correct. The only ones you can book online is for Nellie's Beach open to everyone. If you are in a suite and want a cabana on Barefoot Beach (exclusive for suite guests). You have to email the concierge tell him what cabana you want and he will respond to let you know if you are confirmed for that cabana. The concierge on the Explorer is Mario Reyes, he is very good about responding. His email address is EX_Concierge@rccl.com be sure to include your room number and cruise reservation number. Here is the map of Barefoot beach the concierge sent me this past October. We had OW7 and loved it!

33y5184.jpg[/img]

Edited by WeLove2CruiseRCI

Have you had a chance to post the pics yet? We have reserved one for our cruise but don't know which one to pick. Any information you can provide would be very helpful.

Thanks

You really don't get to "Pick" your cabana. They are assigned on a "Show up and get assigned" basis as far as I could tell. If you are one of the first people at the cabana assignment spot, you might be able to pick but not sure. We arrived late and got the first over the water cabana on the right of Nellies Beach. being the only cabana left. It had a ramp that led down to the water. I believe it was their handicap accessible one. We loved the ramp. No ladders to climb down and you ended up right at the water's edge. You could walk into the water instead of having to climb down a ladder and end up in water that was knee to waist deep.

How far in advance did u book the cabanas?

As soon as excursions become available to book. And that varies from ship to ship and itinerary. I booked Nellie's beach cabana for our cruise last week about 3-4 months out. We had the far left one as you're facing the beach/water (or far right facing the cabanas) and we were about 25 feet from a over the water one. It was nice and shady until around 1. I just booked another beach one yesterday for our Allure trip in Nov. Prices went up between the two bookings. It's hard to go to Labadee without a cabana once you've had one. We've only been there twice without one out of 5 trips and one of those times we spent a little time with our tablemates in theirs and the other time it rained all day anyway.

I've never seen or been bitten by a mosquito in Labadee. I have been in Belize though. The only bugs you see regularly are flies. There is a reason the ships never stay past 5 and that's because of mosquitoes which mainly come out near sunset and there is a potential for malaria.

Edited by BND

• 3 weeks later...

Before I went up to the cabana concierge, I tipped him $5. He gave me cabana #5. The best one in my opinion. It was further down and away from the crowd and the best views ever!! Bring bug spray though. I sprayed the whole cabana and it was fine the rest of the day. Also, if u want to see the whole island. Let ur attendant know and he will get someone to drive u around everywhere. Happy sails.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious..What time did you get off the boat? We have OTW reserved at Nellie's & we have 1 or 2 that we would prefer due to father in laws mobility issues..I was hoping they would take specific requests if we get there early enough..Looks like we are due in at 8am. Thx!