Question about, fligh and transatlantic

redhydra

Hi

I have a question

In my case, i intend a transatlantic to southhamton from new york, after i spent a week in uk before goeing back to montreal from heathrow

I noticed that one way flight cost more than round trip, so to solve this, i though about buying roundtrip from london and simply not show up on the return flight to london as it cost 50 percent less than one trip

What about you, did you do to go back home after a transatlantic and did you manage to get it cheaper?

Either air canada or british airways as they are the only one with direct fight, i try to avoid connecting flight if possible even if i have to pay a bit more cause i am a bit of a fearful flyer, or at least if its not me who pilot the plane

Unfortutely, i only know to fly cessna so i cant ask the pilot to give me his seat

Joke aside, ill take the less expensive of the two i can find

Ill have to check if thomas cook still fly to montreal, i once flew with them to london for about two third of what i normally pay with air canada ir british

I do know that if you don't take the return leg of a round trip flight, the airlines are at liberty to charge the extra for a one way Ticket.. They probably don't bother often, but I have known people to whom, this has happened.

For a oneway, we tend o use miles to get a free flight, thus saving the cost of a one wayticket. If you don't have miles to use, I would book your flight with Cunard, since their one ways are only about half of a round trip.

Whatever you do, have. great time.

Try posting your question on the Cruise Air board too. There are some very helpful and knowledgeable posters over there. Tell them specifically when and where you want to fly, and they will make suggestions. I've seen this one way fare question discussed several times over there.

We bought one way tickets on Delta from PHX-JFK and we're using AA miles to fly back LHR-PHX on BA.

Before you swear off a connecting flight, be aware that IcelandAir will fly you one-way from London to Toronto for around C$650-700. Connects via Reykjavik; no flights into Montreal per se except for connecting from Toronto..

check Iceland air and also ask Cunard since you are sailing one way with them.

Good point. We are sailing on QUEEN ELIZABETH NY to Southampton and Cunard offered the lowest cost return from London we could find.

Good point. We are sailing on QUEEN ELIZABETH NY to Southampton and Cunard offered the lowest cost return from London we could find.

I would suggest that too, we've saved money by booking cruise/air with other cruise lines as well. The only downside is that Cunard will do your booking and you'll have to pay a deviation fee if the flights you are on are not to your liking.

Just know your prices before calling Cunard, so you know if you're getting a good deal or not.

We have just encountered the same issue.

After much research it does seem that airlines do frown on you purchasing a return for the sole intention of getting the cheaper fare.

They will call you out and charge you if they can prove thus.

In our case we intend to return to the UK later in the year so just used that trip as the return section.

From there we will figure out what to do. Maybe another round trip to visit family :)

We have just encountered the same issue.

After much research it does seem that airlines do frown on you purchasing a return for the sole intention of getting the cheaper fare.

They will call you out and charge you if they can prove thus.

In our case we intend to return to the UK later in the year so just used that trip as the return section.

From there we will figure out what to do. Maybe another round trip to visit family :)

Thanks for the warning, anyway, when it will be time to book the ship, il ask my travel agent opinion

Archived